What's new

Is Sindh Govt against the Development of Karachi

Guys you are all missing the point here ADB is not a company it's a bank .Banks give out loan and charge interest to make money they do not finance a project and then run it to.
So if you are borrowing the money to finance the project how is this foreign investment.And if the sindh government cant secure the financing how are they suppose to come up with the money they don't have to ok this project

ok before we discuss this any further i guess we need to first see what are the MAJOR "GRIEVENCES" of KARACHI....??

@SSGP1 i don't think Bane meant that MQM is NOT supporting the Pakistan Army....please guys this is not another thread attempted to attack the MQM all we are saying is that currently their are more pressing bigger issues....

secondly like i said that NAZIM didn't say why the ADB rejected the loan maybe they thought it wasn't a FEASIBLE PLAN...in the first place....

just one thing isn't the federal government occupied in other more "PRESSING ISSUES"....if they are occupied then you can't blame them for being "LAZY,CARELESS,APETHETIC".....
exactly what pressing isues are u refering too ?

but ok as you say pak-marine....the government is lazy,careless....and by higher government authorities who does he mean FEDERAL or PROVINCIAL??

Read Article again plz Mayor is accusing Fedral !!

In my opinon maybe the projects were not seen feasible by the ADB....that could be another way of looking at it....

And how did u came to that conclusion? i think instead of your conclusions we should wait to hear from fedral ministry who is the accused in this case, Its been 24-48 hours no response yet! i think we can argue about it when they respond if they are keeping the quiet than they are guilty!!

ok before we discuss this any further i guess we need to first see what are the MAJOR "GRIEVENCES" of KARACHI....??

@SSGP1 i don't think Bane meant that MQM is NOT supporting the Pakistan Army....please guys this is not another thread attempted to attack the MQM all we are saying is that currently their are more pressing bigger issues....

secondly like i said that NAZIM didn't say why the ADB rejected the loan maybe they thought it wasn't a FEASIBLE PLAN...in the first place....

Mayor is saying they are lazy biggots !! there is no statement from the fedral ministry if there was any thing wrong with the plan. Its the lazy attitute he is accusing and i dont understand why u keep confusing with your assuptions?
Please specify the "pressing issues" and i will give u an answer !!

U]ZOB SAY: see what are the MAJOR "GRIEVENCES" of KARACHI....??[/U]

again u are confusing things..... please put a separate post and i will be happy to put our remarks!

No this is not the case ... I am not a MQM supporter but I will say that MQM has been the most vocal in supporting PA during this action and quite frankly the the power in Karachi represents the majority of Karachi and that majority has always and will always support Pakistan insha-Allah.

Another fact that I usually don't bring up is that Karachites deserve the development work because they never get the fair share of the tax distribution ... IF a company was going to invest in Karachi for the development of Karachi then it simply means that money was invested in Pakistan and the development was going to happen in Pakistan as well.

You are intellegent enough to understand this so lets not argue for the hell of it. :)

I have not meant to say that MQM doesn't support the army but I do think that the coalition of PPPP and MQM are buckling a little too much.

well the MAYOR accused higher authorities....so what is the name of the FEDERAL MINISTER that you are expecting a response from?

pressing issues are :

1)currently investment is required in electricity generation projects

2)IDPs

so if you are telling me development of KARACHI is above these issues then ofcourse i will have my reservations.....i am not saying karachi doesn't NEED to be developed....all i am saying is that it CAN WAIT...until the above two issues are dealt with first....

the Mayor's statement is vague he is saying that development of karachi has been stopped due to lacklustre attitude of the higher authorities....now this is a very VAGUE STATEMENT.....he should have elaborated...don't you think....??

well the MAYOR accused higher authorities....so what is the name of the FEDERAL MINISTER that you are expecting a response from?
My wild gues BOI or the relevant ministry .... dude come on now how could i knw the ministers grandada's name ... lol !

pressing issues are :

Electricity generation !! lol , the public is suffering from heavy loadshedding is 12-14 hours from God knows how many years in summers esp its been like this forever..... hey man listen i appologise its irrelevant and i shouldnt bring it here but i just couldnt help my self lol ! However it comes under a different ministry and there is no statement of conflict of interest thus far from the power and water dude claiming that khi city govt is after his funds.!

2)IDPs
comes under a v different authority and FYI they do not come under investments its under releif fund...!

so if you are telling me development of KARACHI is above these issues then ofcourse i will have my reservations.....i am not saying karachi doesn't NEED to be developed....all i am saying is that it CAN WAIT...until the above two issues are dealt with first....

no with all respect i am not saying that u are talking to ur self .....i m saying is what you have outlined above speacially IDP's comes under releif funds and do not come under investments therefore your highlighted pressing issues are not relevant and are not applicable

the Mayor's statement is vague he is saying that development of karachi has been stopped due to lacklustre attitude of the higher authorities....now this is a very VAGUE STATEMENT.....he should have elaborated...don't you think....??

Well i am sure there are very educated ppl here and most of them understand who is he refering to i would love to put the name but unfortunatly i am not his official nor semi spokesman ,, all i know is one accused is still keeping his/her quiet..!

i think we can continue once there is a response from the accused should we not hear from them my verdict is he /she is Guilty !

pressing issues are :

2)IDPs

Yar why dont u read my posts??
IDPs and electricity have nothing to do with this load.

Sindh govt has abondoned loan, so do u think that IDp and electricity prob is solved??

If u stop that load, that doesnt mean that IDP prob will be solved and we power cuts will be solved!

ok forget it you are not understanding what i am saying....but please his blame and his reasons are very vague according to the ARTICLE you GAVE.....

YOU DON'T KNOW WHO THE ACCUSED IS BUT THEY ARE GUILTY...

GREAT THIS IS THE SPEEDY JUSTICE PAKISTAN SHOULD BE PROVIDING....HANG THEM....HANG WHO..THEM WHO IS THEM....well them is THEM...and so on....

this reminds me of FAIZ AHMED FAIZ's shaair

"MEIN KIS KEE HAATH PEE APNA LAHOUN DHOUNDOUN SAARE SHAHIAR NEE PEHNEE HOUE HAIN DASTANAE"

lol you said they are quiet....why are they quiet because "THEY" don't know "THEY" are accused....

Last edited:
Another news abt sindh govt's transport department!
I dont know what is wrong with sindh govt:tsk:!

By: Syed Intikhab Ali | Published: May 21, 2009

The Federal Govt-funded plan to bring the four thousand CNG buses in the metropolis within five years under the supervision of CDGK is shelved, The Nations has learnt on Wednesday.

The main reason pointed out is that Oil and Gas Regulatory Authority (OGRA) has opposed the establishment of CNG filling stations for theses buses. Moreover, Provincial Transport ministry has also not allowed them to use the defunct KTC bus depots for the same purposes.

Informed sources in Transport and Communication Department (TCD) said that Sui Southern Gas Company (SUGC) had to install pressure oriented gas lines on the stations, but they did not do so and the project is still hanging between.
CDGK was to supervise this gigantic project through the financial help of Federal Govt in a period of five years. It was amongst the high profiled projects of CDGK as to increase the transport facilities for the passengers and to introduce pollution free transport system in the city, but despite passing more than one and half year, the project is yet to be started.
The TCD has planned to establish the 10 CNG filling stations on BOT basis to initiate the project in which three stations were to be established at three KPT bus depots and the other seven stations in Clifton, Baldia, Korangi, Malir, Surjani town. But, due to unnecessary objections by the provincial transport ministry, the work could not be initiated on three KPT bus depots.
Sources mentioned that another reason in the delay of the project was monotonous attitude of the former EDO of TCD.
Later, OGRA’s refusal to allow the opening of Gas stations has further propelled the project in doldrums, sources said.
Sources further mentioned that when TCD failed to establish the gas station, the city nazim gave this responsibility to Enterprise and Investment Promotion (E&IP) department of city government, but they also failed to take initiative in this regard.
The sources said that instead of starting work on seven locations, the E&IP department increased five more locations, which was later abolished due to refusal of providing the land by Board of Revenue for this purpose.
Sources said that at least seven private companies submitted their documents for the construction of gas filling stations, but OGRA did not allow the permission for this, as they had banned the new stations. That is why the project could not be initiated.
Sources mentioned that E&IP contacted the SUGC for assembling the pressure gas line and discussion between the two institutions are going on, but till the ban is imposed on the establishment of new stations, there is no hope that project could be initiated.

I think Hasnain is right infact I think that Karachi is probably not getting what it was promised and hence I feel that MQM needs to step the ante here too they need to stand firm for the people of Karachi fi they don't then I feel that they have failed the people becasuse if they can protest for Swat and win then they can do the same for Karachi.

MQM can arrange protest, and can bring 10 times more people of what they brought previous rally, and every person will be willing to join the rally, bcoz every karachiite know what sindh govt is doing, but if MQM arranged that rally then it would be disaster for coallition govt!

MQM can arrange protest, and can bring 10 times more people of what they brought previous rally, and every person will be willing to join the rally, bcoz every karachiite know what sindh govt is doing, but if MQM arranged that rally then it would be disaster for coallition govt!

Well if they can't be an influence in the coalition then their is no point of them being in it as they can't bring change when they are in office then what can one expect from them????

Back
Top Bottom