What's new

Is it right to attack South Waziristan now?

Is it right to attack south waziristan now??

• yes

Votes: 43 52.4%
  • no

Votes: 28 34.1%
  • listen to america

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • after few days

Votes: 6 7.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Some people still not learn lesson and insisting for action by Police in Fata.
Either they have memory loss or some thing else ,they forget the Billboards of "Taliban Thanas" on Police stations and policemen himself in cells.

Mr Fundamentalist! who is spreading secterianism??? You are continuously crying SHIA President and Brelvi Prime minister.

Certainly Their is No doubt about your sympathy with tailban terrorist which is appering from your posts.

Mods has already warned you in the past ,Yes! this is need to take corrective action now.

Please concentrate on post , it is very critical time for Pakistan better all sects or fiqa join their hand and fight for protection of independence of Pakistan.

I dont believe on shia,bralvi,sunni,deobandy,wahabi school of thoughts we are all only muslim nothing more or less.

Any person who is creating secterianism in muslims is not friend of muslims.:tup:

33.93% votes are against action in FATA from this forum(latest poll result).
I think people still need some more blood like in Swat for affirmation over Action in FATA.
Army can't fight with weapons only,if so than US. could take over Afghanistan in less than year.
Pakistan Army need the Nation Moral support like they did get in Swat.
If Nation once unite over the eliminating the terrorist than ,With the help of ALLAH Army would wipe out completely the terrorist from our beloved Pakistan within few days.

Hi,

I don't mean to be disrespectful---but seems that that you have been sleeping all through this epsiode that has been going on for the last few years.

I guess that you may not understand that police is used against mostly unarmed civilians for maintaining law and order situation. Police is not used against any insurgency---neither is police equipped to fight it nor is it trained to confront them.
Why thank you for waking me up Mastan Khan though I have not been here for a year yet - but I am quite aware of what has been happening all these years.

Oh I didn't know that this was an insurgency - and I also didn't know that police is used against unarmed civilians.

My reply to All-Green broadly covers this uprising aspect that you mention if you will only fill in the rest of the details yourself.

33.93% votes are against action in FATA from this forum(latest poll result).
I think people still need some more blood like in Swat for affirmation over Action in FATA.
Army can't fight with weapons only,if so than US. could take over Afghanistan in less than year.
Pakistan Army need the Nation Moral support like they did get in Swat.
If Nation once unite over the eliminating the terrorist than ,With the help of ALLAH Army would wipe out completely the terrorist from our beloved Pakistan within few days.

I too think unity is best option. I sincerely hope this happen. I also hope that Rural population of India help our govt. to neutralize the Naxals.

For a long time Russia is quiet but active in the region and what is KGB up to these days in Pakistan and Afghanistan.
Are they thinking of coming back when USA will packup.

They want revenge of Afghan war from USA and specially Pakistan
. :coffee:

I shall advice you take drug of peace ,humanity and unity of ummah.

I know few members dont like my peace talk they are in war mode, but i shall continue writing for peace,friendship,love for all muslim and non muslims :smitten:

Post operation cleanup, arrests and subsequent dialogue with all parties to ensure lasting peace is necessary and in this process many previous enemies will have to be forgiven, however given the current TTP strength, open threats and actions...we have to first attack and deal tremendous damage to them in order to secure any chance of peace...

Peace is good and the ultimate aim...but surely inaction against terrorists also will not be helping peace...

Terrorists who have killed thousands are not really looking for peace...or do you think we can coexist with TTP in its current state and with its current open terrorism against our people?

Since you have opened this thread i will ask you one thing...
Who is the terrorist which we need to take down in order to stop the suicide bombings and massacre in Pakistan?

First PAK shld get the trust of local people, then think to attack.

If people get against, this will be a serious problem.
I have assistant worker on low grade in my university whos from Waziristan he thinks that tribal areas are not the part of Pakistan .....he says that local people wants taliban in their region coz there are more genrous to people then Pak Gov. He says that we never treated good since 1947. There was no police stations, gov laws and no one thought abt them......there were many robbers , thiefs and bad people....but when Taliban arrived in there region around 2002 they finished and slaughtered bad guys.

Now no one dare to steal or rob or act evil in tribal areas.
No girl without vail is allowed to move outside.
He thinks people wants Islamic Laws in the region not those which GoP wants to impose.

Taliban give punishments to thiefs, robbers.
Kill those who are involved in drugs selling and purchasing.
They give small punishments to those who dont offer prayer or basic islamic laws.

No TV in any home.

He says, these drone attacks creating more hate for Pak Gov and miltary.....coz they never rescued us when we needed them.

He thinks that drone attacks rarly killed talib(singlar of talban) ....most of the times tribal people killed in these attacks. Tribal people phyche is different, if some one of tribe person killed his siblings or dears prepare themselves to take revenge and people think the best think to take revenge from GoP and PA is sucide attack.

Taliban slaughter who comes in area as spy or who ever works for GoP or PA.

Now listening all that, I feel that its important to get trust of people first.

Last edited:
Is it right to attack south waziristan now?

I think a matter that could be handled by discussion should be handled in this way and attacking any region never guarantees its desired end results and could be seriously harmful.
And after all, waziristan is a part of our country same as lahore, karachi and others.

I have assistant worker on low grade in my university whos from Waziristan he thinks that tribal areas are not the part of Pakistan .....he says that local people wants taliban in their region coz there are more genrous to people then Pak Gov. He says that we never treated good since 1947. There was no police stations, gov laws and no one thought abt them......there were many robbers , thiefs and bad people....but when Taliban arrived in their region around 2002 they finished and slaughtered bad guys.

He thinks people wants Islamic Laws in the region not those which GoP wants to impose.

They give punishments to thiefs, robbers.
They give small punishments to those who dont offer prayer or basic islamic laws.

No TV in any home.

He says, these drone attacks creating more hate for Pak Gov and miltary.....coz they never rescued us when we needed them.

He thinks that drone attacks rarly killed talib(singlar of talban) ....most of the times tribal people killed . Tribal people phyche is different, if some one of tribe person killed his siblings or dears prepare themselves to take revenge and people think the best think to take revenge from GoP and PA is sucide attack.

On the other hand i have a friend whose family was practically a hostage to ensure goodwill of his Tribe...

Issue is trust in the ability of GOP to become the sole party in control of Tribal areas...the tribes respect power...whoever wields it and is in control will be their man...

The TTP did not kill all outlaws, they recruited many of them and are using them against the State...they kill only those who do not obey them...the person is not bothered about TTP killing Pakistanis...he will blame it all on US...that is the irony...
TTP initially did a lot of cosmetic things to gain recruits, they claimed anti US jihad, protection of Muslims etc...to bad they eventually did all things contrary to their mandate...and of course are doing something Haraam in Islam...Suicide Attacks and terrorism...

All the issues the person in your post mentions are due to lack of State control which is actually due to the autonomous nature of FATA...to end this all they need to be made a province...on the other hand it is the tribes themselves who wanted to be semi autonomous...instead of complaining they should make up their minds about what they want...
My point is that how can you expect development when more control is hated by you?
Surely somebody has to have complete control to do anything constructive worth mentioning...the only worthwhile roadworks here that could be done were mostly done by the Army...since Army alone could watch its back in this hostile environment...

I am not saying that once this attitude of Tribals changes there is 100% chance of GOP providing everything...however it will create a much better chance...

On the other hand GOP is moving at sloth like pace to understand the dynamics of the situation...
GOP instead focused on Gilgit...what sheer lack of focus

This is why PA has been taking so much time, we are talking to all Tribes and locals and isolating the rebels...will take time but is the best approach...nobody else has a better suggestion...

WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE SO HEMMED IN - SPEAK UP AND BE BOLD - LIKE MZUBAIR AND THE FUNDAMENTALIST THIS IS A DISCUSSION FORUM.

Let us have your views - all of you - your views matter.

Don't you all know the implications of going after the Pathan a@@. Your own ones will not be safe either for generations to come.
The Talibans did provide a semblance of sane governance and sanity to an Afghanistan after the madhouse of wretchedness that was a result of another prior decade of war and bloodshed to evict the Soviets.
Given that the Taliban interpretation of the Sharia or the Law was too extreme - what have you done to educate them for their ignorance as you view it now?

I have assistant worker on low grade in my university whos from Waziristan he thinks that tribal areas are not the part of Pakistan .....he says that local people wants taliban in their region coz there are more genrous to people then Pak Gov. He says that we never treated good since 1947. There was no police stations, gov laws and no one thought abt them......there were many robbers , thiefs and bad people....but when Taliban arrived in there region around 2002 they finished and slaughtered bad guys.

No TV in any home.

He thinks that drone attacks rarly killed talib(singlar of talban) ....most of the times tribal people killed in these attacks. Tribal people phyche is different, if some one of tribe person killed his siblings or dears prepare themselves to take revenge and people think the best think to take revenge from GoP and PA is sucide attack.

Once again the taliban sympathizer trying to hide the reality.

Does The car stealing from pakistan and shifting in FATA is over??

Does Human ransom is over in FATA???

Does Drugs trafficking is over in FATA???

Does FATA has paid 100 Billions outstanding and now paying bills to WAPDA???

Does Taliban persons from FATA stop looting banks and money changers in Paksitan???

Does Taliban allow schools and educations in FATA for Boys/girls??

Every body know that answer is NO

Now propagandist like zaid hamid would,nt be succeed to save terrorist from Army Action

No TV in any home.

Problem with such people which you described is that they see the one side of the picture, not the other. I am from that area too, all the known bad guys of the area have now grown beards & long hair & in the disguise of taliban are robbing the people & the real taliban do nothing becoz they get their cut. The kidnappings have not reduced rather increased as the so called taliban are involved themselves & get a good deal of money out of such acts. The killers still go & take refuge there. The actions as told by this guy are just in the start to make an impression & after local voices against them have been silenced by killing whoever speaks up, they return to their usual behavior.

And as for development work, sorry to be saying that but these people do not want development work themselves. They want 1 or 2 things of their liking but not everything. If they kidnap doctors & teachers, who is gonna go there & work ?? Schools are made, after its done the tribal elders start a war that this school is in my opposing maliks area so i need a school in my area & i won't send my area children there. U can't make thousands of schools in each & every village. Same case with tube wells, they fight that its not in my area & its in his area, i won't take it, i won't give it. They don't want to let their girls go to school, we have seen what the have done to girls schools. So people with such mentality, what development you are gonna do if such is the case ??

Yes killing of innocents due to drone strikes has fueled a lot of anger & given life to the suicide bombers, but if we look at the recent strikes the collateral damage has reduced considerably & in many the actual targets get killed. If the taliban do false propaganda that innocent were killed, how can the government counter it with no TV or any other medium to send the information. They have killed lot of their rivals in the name of being a spy just to get rid in a civilized way so that people don't get bad image of theirs.

If people had been with the taliban then they wouldn't be sending jirgas to the govt for some kind of deals or leaving their places or the hundreds of elders killed wouldn't have happened as those elders speak the voice of their own people and those elders got killed because they wanted to get rid of them & return to their old lives.

Best option is the carrot & stick policy, launch an operation & then some progress is made the carrot policy with development & local assistance be used, as these people are being held as hostages by the barbarians.

When this Mangal bagh guy came in Bara Tehsil, he did make an impression by doing the same things as mentioned above. But then things changed, the kidnappings reached sky high, his own peole involved, he recruited people forcibly by threatening them with their lives or family lives. The local newspaper used to be full of 4 or 5 kidnappings a day, and since the operation was launched in Bara tehsil, the news of a kidnappings are seen rarely. The sky high figures are not at the rock bottom. The fear of being kidnapped is no more in the people of Peshawar for the time being.

People need to look at different angles as there is more to any situation then what we just think.

Last edited:

And this is the reason, why even my father who don't care about politics & etc, actually welcomed TTP rule in Mardan. Which Pakistani Government is failed to understand that you can kill people, but can't kill ideology. Ideology requires and ideology to tackle. What ever you spread through media that “TTP is not working on true shariah etc” is not acceptable to local people since they find it quite acceptable. Of course it will soon be like PA killing civilians since they are actually accepting that rule (which our enemies want). Even when Swat people came to our city, they all said PA and TTP both are wrong, but TTP is better then PA since they are atleast decreasing the miseries created by GoP.

I am not saying TTP is on right track, since I know who is backing them but I am saying ideology need to be tackle through ideology.. nothing else.. Yes pakistani definitely need and operation in Waziristan. BUT before that GoP should stop dancing on western biggie. And remove hypocritical mask from their face. Since everyone knows how good/loyal they are to us.

BW, KLB, Increasing Corruption, Prices hike for no reason, and most important law lessness is giving a reason to avg pakistani to accept a rule which is much less corrupt, have stronger enforcement, and clearly is compliant (So-Called) with religion.

PS: I don't support TTP, neither I have some sympathies with them, but this could be the truth of avg pakistani. Pakistani Government should wakeup soon or it is too late, or last not the least, it could be their agenda to move avg pakistani towards civil war or hike of cowardness.

WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE SO HEMMED IN - SPEAK UP AND BE BOLD - LIKE MZUBAIR AND THE FUNDAMENTALIST THIS IS A DISCUSSION FORUM.

Let us have your views - all of you - your views matter.

Don't you all know the implications of going after the Pathan a@@. Your own ones will not be safe either for generations to come.
The Talibans did provide a semblance of sane governance and sanity to an Afghanistan after the madhouse of wretchedness that was a result of another prior decade of war and bloodshed to evict the Soviets.
Given that the Taliban interpretation of the Sharia or the Law was too extreme - what have you done to educate them for their ignorance as you view it now?

You think we are anti Pathan and this operation is anti Pathan?
you could not be more wrong...

You are trying to give this an ethnic twist whereas the issue is about a terrorist organization which is using a geographically suitable area in FATA as their base of operations...

There was not bloodbath in Pakistan's FATA like the one in Afghanistan so do not compare the two...they were poles apart till the TTP came along...

Back
Top Bottom