What's new

Iran is popular in Pakistan, overwhelmingly disliked everywhere else

Whenever you see a survey report, always check the number of test cases taken for each country.

Pakistan's population 180 million
India's population - 1.2 Billion

Now survey might be totally off from general consensus.

Exactly. So why do you blame Zardari and Company for this bad situation of Pakistan ?

Well the Pakistani people elected PPP based on sympathy for Benazir, they did not directly elect Zardari they elected the party. It was Zardari who put himself in the highest post after the fact and became a defacto clown in command and appointed chamche as his PMs.

I knew this was going to be mentioned. Yet another d***k measuring contest.... When something has to turn favorable to your side you quickly change it to percent.
Have you ever used survey report for data analysis and how to draw conclusion ?

I knew this was going to be mentioned. Yet another d***k measuring contest.... When something has to turn favorable to your side you quickly change it to percent.

He is right.i have Qn..

just tell me how these surveys are conducted?

China and India. :woot: No friends of Iran it seems.

Media creates a lot of impression in public minds...... A lot of indians watch BBC for english so it does creates a bad impression ...... I m dam sure lot of people even dont know that irab is sanctioned or never hear of its achievments ..... In India there is some of news of iran only when we hear some thing about nuclear ...so yeah it does create a bad impression

Pakistanis will like anyone that raises the "Islamic flag." Get a wahabi sheikh or an extremist shia from Qom to preach hate and Pakistanis off the street will flock to their cause.

For the same reasons Iran is unfavourable in the West, Pakistanis favour Iran.

Re. the poll, well it's not a surprise to any Iranian. I don't like "us," why would a Westerners like us? In the sunni world, wahabism is king for now. Shias vote Iran, sunnis are divided between the wahabi camp and the secular West.

Not a surprising poll at all.

Here's how the poll would have been without the Islamic khomaini regime. The West would favour Iran across the board (the same way Pakistanis get aroused when people talk about Islam and the ummah, Westerners get aroused the second we talk about Persian history/culture etc...). All we need to do is put up two posters advertising Persepolis, the most impt pre-historic site between Greece and India, and we have ourselves the Western praise and worship. In the Islamic world however little would change except that we would gain the vote of the secular sunnis. We would still be shia kafirs to the wahabis so nothing would change there.

Have you ever used survey report for data analysis and how to draw conclusion ?

Where does it say its drawing a conclusions ? Its just a survey god knows in a town, city ?

Pakistanis will like anyone that raises the "Islamic flag." Get a wahabi sheikh or an extremist shia from Qom to preach hate and Pakistanis off the street will flock to their cause.

I don't think its about Islamism. I think its about Iran standing up against the US in the eyes of Pakistanis, while they have been victims of drone-attacks, etc. They see Iran as a country that won't let other countries mess with.

First majority of India lives in rural areas and small towns. Leave BBC, not many people watch it. Hardly any good number. Secondly, Indians are more involved in their own internal matters.

For them Iran, is a good country. Period. They don't know about US- IRan fight or anything. hell people don't even know it.

Also, when you take survey, you take it with proportional number of ptest subjects, with similar educational, financial and cultural background, the historical ties of their country with Iran, the media and exposure to information about Iran and many more factors.

Most important is India don't share border with Iran, Pakistan does.

Where does it say its drawing a conclusions ? Its just a survey god knows in a town, city ?
First tell me do you know the aspects of survey taking ? Read post # 28.

Take a poll about Iran on this forum. You will see completely different result.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom