What's new

Iqbal and Urdu day in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
then hindi is our language too..

A small minority speaks it!

its not how many speaks it.but where is it originated.people in latin american countries who speak european languages are more than people in europe themselves it doenst make those languages native to them

who said urdu is the language of muslim??how is not speaking it neglecting it??i dont speak tamil,kannada,gujrati too so is that a biase??we have many universities and scholars in urdu here.scholar in urdu not necessarily mean "muslim"...

@Spring Onion what kind of bias??

let me post from your own people as you will be having issues if i put my personal opinion

'Urdu's renewal will show the survival of our secular credentials' - Times Of India
Urdu is a neglected language, its polished words slowly fading away from publications, films, even schools. However, its decline can be stopped. Khwaja Mohammed Ekramuddin, director, National Council for Promotion of Urdu Language (NCPUL), spoke with Firoz Bakht Ahmed about using modern technology to teach Urdu, why the language still fascinates diverse groups - and how often it is heard in Parliament:

From its earlier literary glory, why has Urdu fallen on hard times?

Urdu's fate was sealed with its ouster from the secular curriculum. After 1947, Urdu was hit by a communalist mindset thinking it was only the language of Muslims. This is entirely wrong - languages have no religion. But slowly, Urdu was erased from our social and cultural spheres. The last nail in its coffin was the Official Languages Act, 1951, or the Education Order of 1953, ensuring that Urdu education was terminated in its traditional heartland of Uttar Pradesh. Today, Urdu-medium schools are tottering everywhere.

'Urdu's renewal will show the survival of our secular credentials' - Times Of India

Last edited by a moderator:
then hindi is our language too..

A small minority speaks it!

hindi didnt originate in pak..also hindi is not an official language of pak.

also in north india and indian films you will see any names or signboards in hindi,english and urdu.

Urdu is considered to be a part of the 8th Schedule regional languages along with Hindi, Punjabi, Tamil, Bengali etc.

pak,doesnt have any such privilege for hindi..

and i dont mind,u saying hindi is a pakistani language...in fact good,if that is the case..

celebration ???? means what 100 cr indian should make firecrackers ??

even i don't know what is date of Hindi day ? and who celebrate it !!! it's writers stuff and particular field writers/people celebrate it , common people don't.

we have more than 22 languages ......he heheh one month celebration !!!!! :lol:

celebration doesnt always mean firecrackers etc:wacko:

thy want to rejoice it n remember da poet in a way...poets n poetry r for everyone...it has no boundry ok!

can you be more specific.
even i can speak hindi so its mine too- :rofl:

Hindus living in pakistan >how can i be more specific.
We have many hindu tribes in interior sindh

celebration ???? means what 100 cr indian should make firecrackers ??

even i don't know what is date of Hindi day ? and who celebrate it !!! it's writers stuff and particular field writers/people celebrate it , common people don't.

we have more than 22 languages ......he heheh one month celebration !!!!! :lol:

hindi day is 14 september..i remember it coz its my brother's birth date.:P

Stupidity on your behalf by "trying" to isolate Indian Muslims. Urdu is considered to be a part of the 8th Schedule regional languages along with Hindi, Punjabi, Tamil, Bengali etc. By your statement every Indian is biased by not learning the other 22 languages.

Its not me . its stupidity on part of Indians who think that Urdu is linked to Indian Muslims.
Even in the case Urdu is the language of Muslims its entirely native to India. And all of know Urdu because of Bollywood. The native language of Pakistani Muslims is this one.

Lahnda (Western Punjabi) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

spare me of the wiki stuff kindly. the most unauthentic source it is and by the way its not me who consider it language of Muslims but this stupid biase comes from majority Hindu Indians.

celebration doesnt always mean firecrackers etc:wacko:

thy want to rejoice it n remember da poet in a way...poets n poetry r for everyone...it has no boundry ok!
They say mirza ghalib was a bigger poet than Iqbal.. :rofl:

even i can speak hindi so its mine too- :rofl:

Hindus living in pakistan >how can i be more specific.
We have many hindu tribes in interior sindh

Their language is Sindhi, not Hindi.

hindi didnt originate in pak..also hindi is not an official language of pak.

also in north india and indian films you will see any names or signboards in hindi,english and urdu.

Urdu is considered to be a part of the 8th Schedule regional languages along with Hindi, Punjabi, Tamil, Bengali etc.

pak,doesnt have any such privilege for hindi..

and i dont mind,u saying hindi is a pakistani language...in fact good,if that is the case..

:cheers: Hindi-Urdu two different languages.

Indians in its biase against Urdu are hell bent upon proving that these are not two different languages.

let me post from your own people as you will be having issues if i put my personal opinion

Urdu is a neglected language, its polished words slowly fading away from publications, films, even schools. However, its decline can be stopped. Khwaja Mohammed Ekramuddin, director, National Council for Promotion of Urdu Language (NCPUL), spoke with Firoz Bakht Ahmed about using modern technology to teach Urdu, why the language still fascinates diverse groups - and how often it is heard in Parliament:

From its earlier literary glory, why has Urdu fallen on hard times?

Urdu's fate was sealed with its ouster from the secular curriculum. After 1947, Urdu was hit by a communalist mindset thinking it was only the language of Muslims. This is entirely wrong - languages have no religion. But slowly, Urdu was erased from our social and cultural spheres. The last nail in its coffin was the Official Languages Act, 1951, or the Education Order of 1953, ensuring that Urdu education was terminated in its traditional heartland of Uttar Pradesh. Today, Urdu-medium schools are tottering everywhere.

times of india seriously?? urdu is a constitutionally recognized language..and we're discussing this in a thread which mentions that we're celebrating urdu day..how do u think its neglected??we dont celebrate national tamil day or national kannada day even though thery are way older languages than urdu..not many languages have universities.but urdu is a fore runner in this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom