What's new

Iqbal and Urdu day in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I suppose to take offense on that??You see this is the problem with people who oppose science and logic,They take offense on the most silliest things, and they expect to rest of the world to do the same.I'll say you are very lucky to be called an Ape rather than been called an Arthropod or an Echinoderm.
@Azazel Science has many branches....It is ONLY the students of the THEORY of evolution who talk like you...NO OTHER branch does...

NOW MODERN science talks about molecular level....

What are you then,A martian??:rofl:

I cant believe 2 people actually thanked this post :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
But urdu aka hindi played a key role in unifying the sub continent.recently i was watching misbah ul haq speaking urdu.eventhough i am a south indian i felt much elated that this language which originated from sanskrit is spoken even by pashtuns of pakistan.It is the only language which is spoken and understood in such a wide range of area in asia.I heard arabic spoken in egypt ,saudi,iraq,qatar ,morocco are not mutually comprehensible though they are called arabic.same is the case with chinese.

pakistan did a great favour to india by adopting urdu as its national language.It allowed bollywood and indian songs and drama to flourish in the entire sub continent.I even saw on net ppl of afghanistan speaking hindi fluently.even in south india apar from tamilnadu people of all towns and cities have same basic knowledge of hindi.they can understand most of the words even if they cannot speak it.Urdu allowed india to act as superior to other countries .It gave india a sense of big brother.

Am I suppose to take offense on that??You see this is the problem with people who oppose science and logic,They take offense on the most silliest things, and they expect to rest of the world to do the same.I'll say you are very lucky to be called an Ape rather than been called an Arthropod or an Echinoderm.

The two of you ... have you ever seen the urdu character set ? it is borrowed from Arabic.

How does urdu have Sanskrit roots ?

Look at many words that you talk ever day, and they are actually Arabic words.

I am not going to list any; you have to learn to learn accept your mistake and sit calm.

Urdu and persian are to arabic what English and French are to latin.

I can say that since I speak Urdu, Pashto and Arabic.

Lol. Joey, im going to bed now, but on a final note.

You are claiming that urdu and hindi grammar is similar, even though you cannot even read the script.

Hilarious.

Perhaps you meant the syntax is the same.

While you try to figure it out, I'm going to catch some zzzzzz's.

you are a genius man.take a bow.let all of us in this forum give this scholar a big round of applause for coming up with a theory that changing a script changes the grammar of a language.

Well,I don't have to make humans in to Apes,We are Apes,precisely an African Ape.Taxonomically Apes are Old World anthropoid mammals, more specifically a clade of tailless catarrhine primates, belonging to the biological superfamily Hominoidea.Our other Ape cousins include orangutans, gorillas, chimpanzees, bonobos and gibbons.

@Azazel glad to know you can google stuff :enjoy:

you are a genius man.take a bow.let all of us in this forum give this scholar a big round of applause for coming up with a theory that changing a script changes the grammar of a language.

You are some dense man! :blink:

The three of you ... have you ever seen the urdu character set ? it is borrowed from Arabic.

How does urdu have Sanskrit roots ?

Look at many words that you talk ever day, and they are actually Arabic words.

I am not going to list any; you have to learn to learn accept your mistake and sit calm.

Urdu and persian are to arabic what English and French are to latin.

They meant the spoken Urdu.

BTW any other language has a 'day' for itself in India ? AFAIK Tamil does not..

@salman
Man i dont want to argue with you man.I dont like to offend you but you dont have the basic knowledge of what characterises the language.The verbs of a language is what is important in determining a langauge.you can have thousands of nouns and adjectives from other languages but as long as it retains its verbs,genders and inflections it cant be called a separate language.brahui which is full of persian ,arabic and balochi words is still called a dravidian language.why?

According to your logic telugu ,malayalam and kannada in which every third word is a sanskrit word shld be called indo european languages.linguistics dont work like that.verbs,genders and inflections(or prepositions)characterise a language not nouns,adverbs or adjectives.

@Azazel Dont know about you but I am a human :coffee:

i-believe-in-you-i-really-do.jpg

even an ape can google! :rofl:

Not a big deal considering the fact you are here.

urdu evolved from fusion of hindi and words from persian and other tribal languages forced down their throat of the converts by turkish barbarians !

Language varieties are often called dialects rather than languages:
if they have no standard or codified form,
if they are rarely or never used in writing (outside reported speech),
if the speakers of the given language do not have a state of their own,
if they lack prestige with respect to some other, often standardised, variety.

None represents the case for Urdu....

Hence, Urdu is a dialect...This is in response to that member jis ki sui arr gi thee that NO LINGUIST will consider Urdu as a Language...

Ahh...found the chap:

No linguist can call urdu a distinct language.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom