What's new

Indian Special Forces

21022472.jpg

Indra 2010

You know i was initially very reluctant on sharing it coz i thought many people wont believe me and call me a guy who makes out stuff...but i am glad no one reacted like that and now we have an internet link proving it too.

If you know the mentality of IA higher command you can predict how would they react to various situations....My first reaction to the beheading incident thread was that the IA is not gonna sit quite.

It was a very well planned successful operation where not even a single personnel got injured...had we not reacted we would have sent a wrong message across the border.

IA SOF are best in the region.They can get the work done anywhere in the region and sit quiet as if nothing has happened.Fame is the last thing they seek.Some of the missions they would have done would get all of us surprised.

Lastly i would like to add that there has been a lot of change post 26/11 with the induction of new equipments and weapons.The mindset of the High Command has also changed on the use of SFs but i wont say this has anything to do with 26/11.I have been hearing about the use of SF in operations post 2000 which suggests the IA truely uses them as secret weapons/force multipliers/special weapons etc. and now with more and more effort being put to make them better i would say that in future we might get to hear about special ops(of bigger magnitude) if we are lucky enough.

This is what I have been seeing/hearing. I think you are right in terms of the changing mindset in IA command and, to some extent, in the politic establishment (this is probably influenced by 26/11 and OBL raid) however most of this started before 26/11. But the equipment upgrades- especially the new-found speed of upgrades-can really be attributed to 26/11 but, tbf, the process had started prior to 26/11 but Mumbai was the catalyst that has lead to what we are seeing (and not seeing wink wink!) now.

Guys from IA aren't SF but are regular PARA (airborne).

Well its a very controvesial topic which i hate debating on but i would like to share a few observations here.

The non SF Para battalions are 5,6 and 7.

Now since they are small in number hence the equipmwnts and weapons will be same.

In this first video which dates back to August 2010(close to INDIRA 2010) which is of a Non-SF battalion you can see their primary weapon is not a Tavor.

Rocky and Mayur with the Parashoot regiment - YouTube

Now in this second video which dates back to early 2011 you can again see that the clips which are from Non-SF battalions atr the ones which dont have Tavor as their primary weapon.

Mission Army- Ep 10 - YouTube

Note that the Captain in both the videos is the same,...which you can take for reference.

The non-SF battalions have only got Tavor in the last year ending(not fully sure of this though)...and not before that(fully sure of this)

This is the one reason i say that the Ghataks still dont have Tavors till now.

This is what I have been seeing/hearing. I think you are right in terms of the changing mindset in IA command and, to some extent, in the politic establishment (this is probably influenced by 26/11 and OBL raid) however most of this started before 26/11. But the equipment upgrades- especially the new-found speed of upgrades-can really be attributed to 26/11 but, tbf, the process had started prior to 26/11 but Mumbai was the catalyst that has lead to what we are seeing (and not seeing wink wink!) now.

Mumbai incident was a turning point specially for our Police forces.

Well its a very controvesial topic which i hate debating on but i would like to share a few observations here.

The non SF Para battalions are 5,6 and 7.

Now since they are small in number hence the equipmwnts and weapons will be same.

In this first video which dates back to August 2010(close to INDIRA 2010) which is of a Non-SF battalion you can see their primary weapon is not a Tavor.

Rocky and Mayur with the Parashoot regiment - YouTube

Now in this second video which dates back to early 2011 you can again see that the clips which are from Non-SF battalions atr the ones which dont have Tavor as their primary weapon.

Mission Army- Ep 10 - YouTube

Note that the Captain in both the videos is the same,...which you can take for reference.

The non-SF battalions have only got Tavor in the last year ending(not fully sure of this though)...and not before that(fully sure of this)

This is the one reason i say that the Ghataks still dont have Tavors till now.

Mumbai incident was a turning point specially for our Police forces.

Mate I think we're both pretty sick of this debate! But just would say I do think these are PARA (airborne) and not SF but take your points, also if you look in the "Mission army" YT vid you will see there are PARAs equipped with TARs but anyway.......... let's agree to disagree!

+ yeah 26/11 had a BIG impact on police forces (and NSG) now we can see almost every state/large city has/is in the process of getting a well trained and well equipped ERT/SRT/QRT unit as well as other reforms and new acquisitions by police force around the nation.

+ you can be sure PARA (airborne) have TARs- the only picture proof I can find though is 2012 IA day celebrations where the contingent of PARA (airborne) all had TARs.

AFIAK the Mission Army Ep with PARA (Airborne) guys with Vz58 went out last March/April which means that it most likely was filmed in mid/late 2010 so before 7 PARA were equipped with the TAR. My guess was all btns in PARA regmt now have at least a few TARs with additional batches equipping all eventually. Even pics of last IA day show regular PARA with TAR- i'll track them down for you and post the link.

Regular PARAs (airborne)
1000xp.jpg

800xj.jpg

COLDHEARTED- could you post some more SOFs/RR stories/anecdotes? I'm hungry for more juicy details!

Mate I think we're both pretty sick of this debate! But just would say I do think these are PARA (airborne) and not SF but take your points, also if you look in the "Mission army" YT vid you will see there are PARAs equipped with TARs but anyway.......... let's agree to disagree!

+ yeah 26/11 had a BIG impact on police forces (and NSG) now we can see almost every state/large city has/is in the process of getting a well trained and well equipped ERT/SRT/QRT unit as well as other reforms and new acquisitions by police force around the nation.

+ you can be sure PARA (airborne) have TARs- the only picture proof I can find though is 2012 IA day celebrations where the contingent of PARA (airborne) all had TARs.

AFIAK the Mission Army Ep with PARA (Airborne) guys with Vz58 went out last March/April which means that it most likely was filmed in mid/late 2010 so before 7 PARA were equipped with the TAR. My guess was all btns in PARA regmt now have at least a few TARs with additional batches equipping all eventually. Even pics of last IA day show regular PARA with TAR- i'll track them down for you and post the link.

Regular PARAs (airborne)
1000xp.jpg

800xj.jpg

COLDHEARTED- could you post some more SOFs/RR stories/anecdotes? I'm hungry for more juicy details!

:lol: :argh: :yahoo: :agree:

Lets agree to disagree!! LoL

Ya..not only do we have Teams in every major city which can react to such situations but it is also transforming the Police Deptts of various states.

I believe the India's war on terror greatly helped to keep the Army fighting fit and gave the jawans and officers the experience of what a combat situation is unlike various other countries who send their Armies to UN missions to gain experience.The result ios we have an Army which is among the most combat harderned force anywhere in the world.

Regarding stories..buddy i am working on it...all the stories i knew have already been shared so i am waiting for the time when i will get to meet a guy who has served in a unit which has faced action...as i rely heavily on them for my knowledge.

Theres this incident though in Kashmir when a company was getting posted to a new location.The company strength was low as half of the guys were in their previous base(shifting stuff) and the new guys were sent to this new location covered in 3 sides by big trees and a road on the 4th side.

The company strength would be less than 50 jawans who will digging bunkers all day and filling sand bags.Little did they know that the terorists were waiting for the right oppurtunity to strike.

At close to 00:00 hrs the terrorists close to 70 in number...no one is sure of the numbers but since the fire was comming from 3 sides that too in heavy numbers this figure can be assumed +/- 15...attacked the post.

Although there were hardly any casualties but the company commander sensed that they dont have much time before they start getting casualties so he made a call to the CO of the unit asking for help..thje time was 02:00.

The CO thinking that he may not be able to get the full strength of jawans to the location on time as most of the soldiers were sleeping and the ones on duty were only awake..took a brave decision.

As the drivers were awake he quickly ordered the drivers to start their vehicles and took everyone who was awake without waiting for all the soldiers to wake up.

His plan worked..the terrorists seeing headlights comming their way ran away thinking that large enforcements have come...little did they know the most of the vehicles were empty and some had hardly 5-6 soldiers.

Close to 12 terrorists and 4 jawans died that night.One guy wearing Patka helmet got shot at on the forehead 4 times(7.62)..and survived.It was a brave decision on part of the CO i guess coz had he been late god knows how many more soldiers we would have lost.

Great pics and posts mate....keep it on...:tup:

WE nee more pics and vids, y are our Special forces so media shy

WE nee more pics and vids, y are our Special forces so media shy

You know in a recent documentary the SF commander said that it is out of intention that not much of pics and videos of SF are available in the media.

He was like "SF unit has an unwritten tradition or code..high performance low visibility.We dont publicise about our operations."

One question, are all MARCOS from the IN???

Just that you know it, the Physical Fitniss test in the navy is a joke
Qualifying in this Test is mandatory for enrolment. The standard of PFT is (i) One Mile (1.6 km) run to be completed in 7 minutes. (ii) 20 sit ups. (iii} 10 push ups.

One question, are all MARCOS from the IN???

Just that you know it, the Physical Fitniss test in the navy is a joke
Qualifying in this Test is mandatory for enrolment. The standard of PFT is (i) One Mile (1.6 km) run to be completed in 7 minutes. (ii) 20 sit ups. (iii} 10 push ups.

Yes all MARCOS are from the IN.

Navy and AF are not really a physically tough force and are more of an intellectual force.(thats my opinion)Which is the reason these MARCOS or GARUDAs have a longer training period thant the PARA.IA infantrymen usually see action in Kashmir and N-E where they gain experience and have the required physical-mental toughness.

It is for no reason that PARAs are considered the best and have the most operational experience among all SFs in India.They will be the first to be called in case any covert op is planned like the recent beheading incident.Moreover there is rule in the defence forces that..On Land the Army will have the seniority..In AIR the AF guys will have the seniority while on WATER the Navy will have the seniority.

MARCOS on the other hand are very well trained and the most well equipped among all the Indian SFs.I would like them to see more action though.They are not doing the work they are capable of doing which i believe is because of the unavailability of oppurtunity given to them.

GARUDA is a new force.It will take time for them to reach to the level of Para or Marcos.But they are on the right track.

Back
Top Bottom