What's new

Indian Special Forces

I am not denying what you are saying. CIOs are search and destroy operations. They wonder around the suspected areas and ambush the terrorist. They use light weapons and a sniper with each team. The situation you menstioned missed the back ground. CIO team spotted the terrorist and get into advantge position. Call for surrender they open fire CIOs return fire. Terrorist run for cover. Take over the house CIOs form the perimeter. Call for surrender again. They refuse. CIOs tossed grenades blast oven the house. But terrorist and good in number and heavily armed. CIOs ask reinforcement and hold the perimeter. Reinforcement came with LMGs ,grenade launchers and RL. And tear apart the house and kill every scumbag :D
Last thing it's a real incident :D
So I am not going to accept CIOs use bren unless you say you work in CIOs and used it :D

SAW would be a good option :D

Dude,you changed the entire situation i was portraying. :lol:

Anyways some pics from a COIN operation...have a look yourself what all weapons are used.

20080511114005ENLUS0134071712105060.jpg

20080511113937ENLUS0134071412105059.jpg

20080511114104ENLUS0134071512105060.jpg

Dude,you changed the entire situation i was portraying. :lol:

Anyways some pics from a COIN operation...have a look yourself what all weapons are used.

20080511114005ENLUS0134071712105060.jpg

20080511113937ENLUS0134071412105059.jpg

20080511114104ENLUS0134071512105060.jpg
I didn't change it :D
All I write is happened in reality and told to me by a member of CIOs :D it is incident in 2008-9/JK/Kupwada or kupwad something like that.
Nice pics. But they look like Training/practice of Raids than COIN or CIOs.
Sorry I am not pulling your legs just telling you what I came to know from a in service friend.

If you follow news regularly you will hear most of the time the Terrorist escaped in darkness of night. That's because CIOs are 10/15 member team without heavy/medium weapon. So they can hold the perimeter tight. I dare any terrorist to try that when Bren is installed there :D

Is it typical for IA to use weapons of a guest army?

Also is IA going to replace the vintage Brens ?

Sir,i can understand your concern and trust me no one has crossed the line here.Discussing if the Marcos are there in regular RR or not wont disclose their location as no one till now even after knowing named the special RR battalion that is meant for Paras.I assure you no sensitve info will be shared in future also.No one will share current deployment also.Also the things being discussed are years old and i understand that this is a Pakistani forum which is keeping me from being open here.

Regarding that beheading incident..Guys you can message me or add me..Will let you know via messages or mail..I cant share it here.

Well those shoes are different from the shoes our guys are wearing.The Para commandos shoes are not US Army boots and made of a different material and cost 10,000 INR.

tavor1.jpg

Boots used by PA:
20ssxfr.jpg

I have a pair of them aswell.

Is it typical for IA to use weapons of a guest army?

Also is IA going to replace the vintage Brens ?

Boots used by PA:
20ssxfr.jpg

I have a pair of them aswell.
Nice boots. But keep them and PA out of this thread.
1. Don't think so
2. Replacement for Bren is being searched. Insas LMG is also there

Nice boots. But keep them and PA out of this thread.
1. Don't think so
2. Replacement for Bren is being searched. Insas LMG is also there

Insas LMG... apologizes bud... i though it was just a automatic version of Insas... Also which Machine gun and HMG does IA use?

Insas LMG... apologizes bud... i though it was just a automatic version of Insas... Also which Machine gun and HMG does IA use?
The IA uses a modiefied version of the vintage Bren.Now under the F-INSAS programme we will soon be getting new machine guns.

HMG in use are Browning m2 and NSV.

Regarding the use of equipments...those pics are from Alaska..so IA was the guest Army..and theres no set patter on the use of equipments..a lot of time Armies exchange their equipments and train.US SF personnel were seen using Tavors in one excercise.

Indian Army?s modernization drive gathers steam - Times Of India

I didn't change it :D
All I write is happened in reality and told to me by a member of CIOs :D it is incident in 2008-9/JK/Kupwada or kupwad something like that.
Nice pics. But they look like Training/practice of Raids than COIN or CIOs.
Sorry I am not pulling your legs just telling you what I came to know from a in service friend.

If you follow news regularly you will hear most of the time the Terrorist escaped in darkness of night. That's because CIOs are 10/15 member team without heavy/medium weapon. So they can hold the perimeter tight. I dare any terrorist to try that when Bren is installed there :D

Firsttly and most importantly i would say i love it when people pull my legs as the biggest passion apart from my profession is to discuss,debate,read about the SF and Infantrymen of our country.

Secondly the thing you mentioned that it is training pics is completely wrong..it is actually of a COIN operation in Kathua which is close to Jammu in 2009.(I am not very sure about the dates)I remeber it as i am from jammu and in the operation a TV reporter got shot while live operation was getting covered..i still remeber him getting hit on the head and blood comming out like a tap of water.

Infact i think you should try to update yourself by seeing a few pics on the operations in kashmir as not only is the Bren used but the PKM and INSAS LMG is also used.It is a critical element in the operations.How else is a fortified position supposed to be occupied oif we dont use LMG(7.62)?

There are a lot of pics of forces using Brens and PKM in urban environments.

73236153.jpg

110qh.jpg

15142667.jpg

32126294.jpg

39429835.jpg

119ly.jpg

rr15q.jpg

I thought Insas LMG is currently replacing th brens??

The Army is going to say Bye-Bye to the Insas family pretty soon.

The soldiers hate INSAS LMG...it is a good for nothing weapon...Even the Bren which is decades old is much better and mostly the soldiers prefer to carry Bren while the SF is in love with the PKM.

Firsttly and most importantly i would say i love it when people pull my legs as the biggest passion apart from my profession is to discuss,debate,read about the SF and Infantrymen of our country.

Secondly the thing you mentioned that it is training pics is completely wrong..it is actually of a COIN operation in Kathua which is close to Jammu in 2009.(I am not very sure about the dates)I remeber it as i am from jammu and in the operation a TV reporter got shot while live operation was getting covered..i still remeber him getting hit on the head and blood comming out like a tap of water.

Infact i think you should try to update yourself by seeing a few pics on the operations in kashmir as not only is the Bren used but the PKM and INSAS LMG is also used.It is a critical element in the operations.How else is a fortified position supposed to be occupied oif we dont use LMG(7.62)?

There are a lot of pics of forces using Brens and PKM in urban environments.

73236153.jpg

110qh.jpg

15142667.jpg

32126294.jpg

39429835.jpg

I must say you have a great collection. Thanks for sharing it :)
Let me put it again
1. I am not in service my best buddy is a serving officer in SF.
2. Like you I have the same eagerness of IA so I keep digging him everytime we meet.
3. So what I am telling you is straight from a IA guy. And the incident I mention earlier he was part of it.
4. Typical COIN or CIOs is a team consisting 10/15 guies generally SF , wondering around the area( patrol) to hunt down any incergency. Armed with AKs and Tavar.
5. They call reinforcement if and only if they themself can't take on terrorists in the situation if enemy is fortified.
6. I am pretty sure the pics you post are of reinforcers they came after CIOs/COIN guies made enemy hole in.
7. I am not saying Bren isn't used to trash Holed enemy. What I am saying is the CIOs guies "who actually search and hunt" carry ligh weapons. They travel light as they return to base after 2/3 days.
8. If you want to say the reinforces are part of COIN/CIOs I will agree with you :D

And to add one important point most of the time these guies are dressed up like terrorist and carry only AKs :D

I thought Insas LMG is currently replacing th brens??
It was supposed to be. But it's unclear right now. Last I read somewhere new LMG is being tested. But you know OFB so .... IA might go for imported one.

nsg

Mock drill at bangalore airport cant post pic use keywords to find them saw tactical blanket in it

also times lite has 2011 mumbai anti terror mock drill

I must say you have a great collection. Thanks for sharing it :)
Let me put it again
1. I am not in service my best buddy is a serving officer in SF.
2. Like you I have the same eagerness of IA so I keep digging him everytime we meet.
3. So what I am telling you is straight from a IA guy. And the incident I mention earlier he was part of it.
4. Typical COIN or CIOs is a team consisting 10/15 guies generally SF , wondering around the area( patrol) to hunt down any incergency. Armed with AKs and Tavar.
5. They call reinforcement if and only if they themself can't take on terrorists in the situation if enemy is fortified.
6. I am pretty sure the pics you post are of reinforcers they came after CIOs/COIN guies made enemy hole in.
7. I am not saying Bren isn't used to trash Holed enemy. What I am saying is the CIOs guies "who actually search and hunt" carry ligh weapons. They travel light as they return to base after 2/3 days.
8. If you want to say the reinforces are part of COIN/CIOs I will agree with you :D

And to add one important point most of the time these guies are dressed up like terrorist and carry only AKs :D

Mate,I think you are getting confused with what he said....Heres how the situation is...

There is a QRT team in every company or Ghataks.These are the guys who go for operations.Their number is close to 50-60.They are armed with Aks,SVD,RL,MGL and Bren.

Whenever there is any intel on any suspicious activity these guys are the first to respond.Typical operation is like if there is an intel on terrorists being present in a small village..They will first go and lay outer cordon..The second team will go in and search all houses.Once contact has been established they will cover the esacape routes from the house and call for surrender.If fired upon they will respond back...Reinforcements will only be called when the Commander of the operation has doubts over the required strength of troops needed for operation,or when low on ammo,food or he thinks it will take long.Normally the reinforcements are not called as mostly there are more than 5-6 terrorists ina ny operation which can be handled by the team.

The thing you are mentioning is of the SF operation where they get dressed up like the localites and carry light weapons.You will never see the Infantry troops dressed like localites and moreover infantry troops always operate in the SOPs ie they carry the firepower which has to be carried by the strength of the team...If a team is not carrying things like LMG,HHTI,MGL,RL etc and they get screwed..the officer can almost be assured to be grilled in the Court of Inquiry.

There is a thing called LRP which stands for Longe Route Patrols..which is for 7-15 days out of base in unknown territory..The IA jawans even carry Brens in LRP.

Lastly,everything said above is the first hand experience gained having spent 2 years in LaL Chowk,Srinagar..sometimes even travelling to Kupwara,handwara,Doda etc ..as most memebers in my family have served the RR...so i am not relying on pics here for facts. :-)

Lastly,do try to get any info available from him regarding ops,equipment,weapons etc and share it here.
;)

nsg

Mock drill at bangalore airport cant post pic use keywords to find them saw tactical blanket in it

also times lite has 2011 mumbai anti terror mock drill

Could you provide a link to where you saw this- I would love to see the pics but am having a hard time locating them using these "key words".

Back
Top Bottom