What's new

Indian Special Forces

TO fellow pakistanis : stop posting pics of pak SFs. We don't give a damn.. don't derail by polluting this thread

to fellow Indians : Can u people plz stop comparing for once ? If our SFs are well equipped fine but don't bring terms like "better" etc..

Thanks

Guys do not cross the line, you are not suppose to disclose deployment. Back off, do not want to report.

Sir,i can understand your concern and trust me no one has crossed the line here.Discussing if the Marcos are there in regular RR or not wont disclose their location as no one till now even after knowing named the special RR battalion that is meant for Paras.I assure you no sensitve info will be shared in future also.No one will share current deployment also.Also the things being discussed are years old and i understand that this is a Pakistani forum which is keeping me from being open here.

Regarding that beheading incident..Guys you can message me or add me..Will let you know via messages or mail..I cant share it here.

I even see regular soldiers wearing them.... heck my father owns 3 pairs....Also learn to stand ur ground after giving a statement.

Well those shoes are different from the shoes our guys are wearing.The Para commandos shoes are not US Army boots and made of a different material and cost 10,000 INR.

tavor1.jpg

Thinking IA PARA/PARA (SF).

+ IA really do like camoing their rifles with cloth!

^^ agreed, IA definetly needs to invest in a desert camo. It is preety ridiculous that despite huge AOs involving desert the IA maintains the one woodland camo for all these years. I have no idea what the IA have been thinking all this time.

^^Yup would loove to see it with the Paras.

The pic i posted above is because i liked the Paint they used on the INSAS...Would love to see this on Tavor.The Ghille suit also does its job pretty well as it suits the terrain.

The best camo for deserts which i liked is the one used by the PARA SFs in the recent Indo-US excercise.I think it really suits the terain.

Anyway its a matter of few years when we see a new camo comming.

Ok..i dont have any more brave incidents(out of stock :lol: ) to share but there is an incident which my friend told me which he experienced while serving in the RR.

He was going on a operation in a jungle and in between the jungle there was a kind of bunker made so that troops can relax and prepare their food and then move on.So they reached the bunker and prepared the food.Everyone was having their food there only ie near the bunker but he decided to go to a higher spot and eat..being the Ambush commander he wanted to make sure that everythings fine and wanted to keep an eye.

He started having his dinner which was a non veg meal and he says he was enjoying the sunset and the wonderful meal they had cooked when suddenly he saw a leopard in front of him staring...obviously the fragrance would have spread.He said that he continued staring and did not move from that place.He had his AK with him but didnt want to kill the leopard unnecesarily...so he decided to suddenly shout in a loud voice and it worked.The leopard started backing off and went away.

It was nice to know that IA jawans regularly face leopards while patrolling or in ambush but keeping the preservation of wildlife in mind they never try to do any harm to them and with Gods grace even after facing such encounters the jawans manage to keep their cool and not press the trigger.Sad thing though is that Army tames the street dogs there coz they act as a warning in the night and start barking even at the slightest of noise but the Leopards are very fond of eating these dogs and sometimes these Leopards are even said to come too close to the bunkers just to hunt these dogs.

Ok..i dont have any more brave incidents(out of stock :lol: ) to share but there is an incident which my friend told me which he experienced while serving in the RR.

He was going on a operation in a jungle and in between the jungle there was a kind of bunker made so that troops can relax and prepare their food and then move on.So they reached the bunker and prepared the food.Everyone was having their food there only ie near the bunker but he decided to go to a higher spot and eat..being the Ambush commander he wanted to make sure that everythings fine and wanted to keep an eye.

He started having his dinner which was a non veg meal and he says he was enjoying the sunset and the wonderful meal they had cooked when suddenly he saw a leopard in front of him staring...obviously the fragrance would have spread.He said that he continued staring and did not move from that place.He had his AK with him but didnt want to kill the leopard unnecesarily...so he decided to suddenly shout in a lod voice and it worked.The leopard started backing off and went away.

It was nice to know that IA jawans regularly face leopards while patrolling or in ambush but keeping the preservation of wildlife in mind they never try to do any harm to them and with Gods grace even after facing such encounters the jawans manage to keep their cool and not press the trigger.Sad thing though is that Army tames the street dogs there coz they act as a warning in the night and start barking even at the slightest of noise but the Leopards are very fond of eating these dogs and sometimes these Leopards are even said to come too close to the bunkers just to hunt these dogs.

Nice one pal- you should start your own thread and post these gems there. I speak for most members here and say that your stories are a real treat!!

^^ mate you called this a while back- real nice catch back then- ahead of the curve, finger on the pulse, in the know (and many more fitting cliches!!)

Indian SOF showing- "you don't mess with us and get away with it!!"

+ I am very impressed by Indian miliater, but SOFs in particular, work ethic ie quiet professionals in the background going about their business, as one IA SF said in a recent show-

"SF unit has an unwritten tradition or code..high performance low visibility.We dont publicise about our operations."

I thought this was very apt.

^^ mate you called this a while back- real nice catch back then- ahead of the curve, finger on the pulse, in the know (and many more fitting cliches!!)

Indian SOF showing- "you don't mess with us and get away with it!!"

+ I am very impressed by Indian miliater, but SOFs in particular, work ethic ie quiet professionals in the background going about their business, as one IA SF said in a recent show-

"SF unit has an unwritten tradition or code..high performance low visibility.We dont publicise about our operations."

I thought this was very apt.

You know i was initially very reluctant on sharing it coz i thought many people wont believe me and call me a guy who makes out stuff...but i am glad no one reacted like that and now we have an internet link proving it too.

If you know the mentality of IA higher command you can predict how would they react to various situations....My first reaction to the beheading incident thread was that the IA is not gonna sit quite.

It was a very well planned successful operation where not even a single personnel got injured...had we not reacted we would have sent a wrong message across the border.

IA SOF are best in the region.They can get the work done anywhere in the region and sit quiet as if nothing has happened.Fame is the last thing they seek.Some of the missions they would have done would get all of us surprised.

Lastly i would like to add that there has been a lot of change post 26/11 with the induction of new equipments and weapons.The mindset of the High Command has also changed on the use of SFs but i wont say this has anything to do with 26/11.I have been hearing about the use of SF in operations post 2000 which suggests the IA truely uses them as secret weapons/force multipliers/special weapons etc. and now with more and more effort being put to make them better i would say that in future we might get to hear about special ops(of bigger magnitude) if we are lucky enough.

Back
Top Bottom