What's new

In Iran, Muslim youth are 'even more excited about Christmas than Christians'

Good to know Iranians are leaving Islam in masses

I'm sorry but this article is such BS. Iranians have always celebrated Christmas, when I visited Iran my aunt had a Christmas tree in living room (all year around), that doesn't mean all the sudden these people are all "Christians".

My family and I also celebrate Christmas every year, but I also celebrate Chinese new years, does that mean Now I'm Chinese?

This is exactly what's wrong with these type of articles is that they are written by people that just want to BS and they don't really want to write articles that show Iranian culture. Only BS.

I know many Iranians in dubai who converted to christianity, once Iran transitions itself to a secular system you will be amazed by the number of Iranians declaring conversion from Islam to Christianity and other religions.

lol, quit the bs and spend 2 seconds searching

Iranians celebrate(d) the birth of the God Mithra on the 21th/25th December (Yalda night) and give gifts etc.. to eachother on this day. It is not at all unlikely that the Christmas traditions we see today were inspired some way from that, seeing as it is a much older tradition

No, Christmas was based off of the roman pagan holiday of Saturnalia. The Church adopted it as its own as a way to convert the Romans to Christianity. The final day of the festival was on the 25th of December and so that became the day of Christmas (also why Eastern Christians celebrate Jesus' birth on the 7th of January as they were immune to the politics of Rome after the schism). The festival involved gift giving and eating foods made in the form of humans (the modern gingerbread man). It is also because of the pagan roots of Christmas that some sects of Christians do not celebrate Christmas at all such as Puritans and Jehovah witnesses (two I know of, off the top of my head).

lol, quit the bs and spend 2 seconds searching

Iranians celebrate(d) the birth of the God Mithra on the 21th/25th December (Yalda night) and give gifts etc.. to eachother on this day. It is not at all unlikely that the Christmas traditions we see today were inspired some way from that, seeing as it is a much older tradition

as a matter of fact, defence.pk is half iranian

No, Christmas was based off of the roman pagan holiday of Saturnalia. The Church adopted it as its own as a way to convert the Romans to Christianity. The final day of the festival was on the 25th of December and so that became the day of Christmas (also why Eastern Christians celebrate Jesus' birth on the 7th of January as they were immune to the politics of Rome after the schism). The festival involved gift giving and eating foods made in the form of humans (the modern gingerbread man). It is also because of the pagan roots of Christmas that some sects of Christians do not celebrate Christmas at all such as Puritans and Jehovah witnesses (two I know of, off the top of my head).

I wasn't refering to the exact origin of Christmas celebrations in my previous post, but I agree with you, it blends elements from the feast of the Saturnalia and the birthday of sun-god Mithra

as a matter of fact, defence.pk is half iranian

:)

Good to know Iranians are leaving Islam in masses

I know many Iranians in dubai who converted to christianity, once Iran transitions itself to a secular system you will be amazed by the number of Iranians declaring conversion from Islam to Christianity and other religions.

You are weird buddy:lol::lol::lol:
which religion/sect do you follow?
Are you the Ibadi guy from Oman or I am wrong? :what:

I wasn't refering to the exact origin of Christmas celebrations in my previous post, but I agree with you, it blends elements from the feast of the Saturnalia and the birthday of sun-god Mithra

:)

Fair enough, btw Are you are a parsi?

You are weird buddy:lol::lol::lol:
which religion/sect do you follow?
Are you the Ibadi guy from Oman or I am wrong? :what:

How about you?

This is how Istanbul looks every year, muslims dont celebrate Christmas itself, its more like a new year celebration, whats the big deal?

7029425.jpg

066404db94e26212bad95756f0354112.jpg

7029429.jpg

The youth in Iran now a days care less about religion.
Christmas is not something "western"... matter of fact, there are certain elements of it that are linked to Persian culture.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom