What's new

In Iran, Muslim youth are 'even more excited about Christmas than Christians'

Christmas has transformed into a international festivity. And many elements in Christmas has its roots in pre-Islamic Iranian culture.

And rather a western wannabe than a Arab wannabe.

I agree. Only stupid and ignorant people from poor Muslims countries in Asia and East Africa would ever try to be 'Arab'. Nobody else in the World wants to associate with Arabs as a collective (Arab individuals are fine tho).

Second, Armenians don't celebrate Christmas on 25 dec, since they don't believe Jesus was born on 25 December. They celebrate Jesus's birthday in January.

Nope , Armenians use Julian calendar. 25th December in Julian calendar falls on 7th January from perspective of Gregorian calendar. Many Eastern Churches refuse to adopt Gregorian calendar.

People celebrate Xmas for the festivity aspects, the shopping, presents, time off, etc. You take away the commercial aspect and very few people will celebrate.

The only religious aspect is just Jesus and the manager, nothing else.

There's your answer.

This has nothing to do with religion; it's all about marketing and creating more consumers. All these holidays are hyped up to get people to buy stuff.

Exactly all you can get from this is that consumerism has increased in Iran, and reflects the type of consumerism found in western countries. I should add that a lot of non Middle Easter people in the West celebrate norooz just because they have a few friends that make it worth partying for.

Doesn't Iran have the lowest mosque attendance in the whole muslim world?

i remember that when i was in last year of elementary school , our taxi driver did celebrate it too ! ;) so it's not impossible!

I'm sorry but this article is such BS. Iranians have always celebrated Christmas, when I visited Iran my aunt had a Christmas tree in living room (all year around), that doesn't mean all the sudden these people are all "Christians".

My family and I also celebrate Christmas every year, but I also celebrate Chinese new years, does that mean Now I'm Chinese?

This is exactly what's wrong with these type of articles is that they are written by people that just want to BS and they don't really want to write articles that show Iranian culture. Only BS.

I'm sorry but this article is such BS. Iranians have always celebrated Christmas, when I visited Iran my aunt had a Christmas tree in living room (all year around), that doesn't mean all the sudden these people are all "Christians".

My family and I also celebrate Christmas every year, but I also celebrate Chinese new years, does that mean Now I'm Chinese?

This is exactly what's wrong with these type of articles is that they are written by people that just want to BS and they don't really want to write articles that show Iranian culture. Only BS.
Who said they were Christians?

Christmas has transformed into a international festivity. And many elements in Christmas has its roots in pre-Islamic Iranian culture.

And rather a western wannabe than a Arab wannabe.

prophet christ and santa claus were iranian as well

prophet christ and santa claus were iranian as well

lol, quit the bs and spend 2 seconds searching

Iranians celebrate(d) the birth of the God Mithra on the 21th/25th December (Yalda night) and give gifts etc.. to eachother on this day. It is not at all unlikely that the Christmas traditions we see today were inspired some way from that, seeing as it is a much older tradition

Back
Top Bottom