What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
this model is looks exactly same as mk-1.there is no change in intake or the airframe.only thing i mark a slight change in its length apart from a retractable refueling pod which suggests that, this prototype model is based on only the future f-414 engine which is finalised.
other things like AESA radars,IRST are not finalised upto now,so they don't appear in the model.

this model is not final, it will change.

Im happy there is no canards, also IRST can be at one of the PODs overall, I'm happy with the new design.. IAF wants F-22 from DRDO? come on be practical...
Then why did they claimed so many things in the beginning ??/ They were the ones who compared the aircraft to gripen. IAF never asked for a F22, it is asking for a decent 4th gen fighter. ADA is still giving them mig++ which was our requirement in 1990 not in 2011.

As far as being practical is concerned, they should have worked on the future projects before declaring them in public (AMCA, AURA). They themselves make fool of them.

I mean do you even know AMCA might even get cancelled at this stage. Right now govt. has given them some 275 million$ to carry out feasibility report then only the project will be sanctioned.

Not to mention, if they fail to carry out the feasibility report, the project will be cancelled. How practical are they, when they declared their plan before even thinking whether they had the capability of building it or not ?/

They are not able to build a decent 4th gen fighter and they are dreaming of building a 5th gen fighter (according to some idiots 6th gen fighter) and an UCAV.

Actually its not like that.
Our MRCA deal results will bring the world war among competing nations and then world will be doomed 9 months later.:lol:

no actually GOI will announce the winner of MMRCA a decade later and actually introducing aircrafts will take another 5 years. :P so till 2026 world cant end. even dooms day will have to wait for result of MMRCA. so India may get noble prize for peace for postponing dooms day. :lol:

It was said that LCA MK-II will have larger wing area. But I dont see any increase of wing area. :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

And we should add IRST in LCA MK-II.

Tejas to be inducted into IAF by next year

BANGALORE: The indigenous Light Combat Aircraft 'Tejas' will be inducted into the Indian Air Force by 2012 and its advanced version will be ready for operational service by the end of 2015.

"LCA Tejas Mk-I would be ready for induction by 2012. The LCA Mk-II would take another three years and would be inducted by 2015," Defence Minister A K Antony told reporters here today.

Last month, the Tejas had moved a step closer to its induction after it was granted the Initial Operational Clearance (IOC) by the Indian Air Force.

Asked about the possible induction date of the Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft (FGFA), Antony said, "All the difficulties related to the aircraft were over and the preliminary design Contract has also been signed. We hope it will be inducted by 2017."

Dismissing reports about US offer to India for joining the American fifth generation fighter aircraft programme, the Defence Minister said a decision in this regard has already been taken and there was no question on going back on the deal with Russia in this regard.

"No other country has offered to work with us for jointly developing a fifth generation fighter aircraft," he added.

On comparison between the Chinese and Indian fifth generation fighters, Antony said the Indian FGFA was the best aircraft in the world to meet the requirements of the country's armed forces.

On the programme to jointly develop a multirole transport aircraft with Russia, he said the programme was cleared four years ago by the Defence Acquisitions Council (DAC) and all formalities in this regard have been completed

:: Bharat-Rakshak.com - Indian Military News Headlines ::

Im gonna throw a stone at the mark2 pavilion when i visit it. :devil:

you should throw your shoes.....considering the amount of time and costs its development has taken......plus with limited technology........

god knows what our GR8 scientists are capable of....

you should throw your shoes.....considering the amount of time and costs its development has taken......plus with limited technology........

god knows what our GR8 scientists are capable of....

Not really. I think the experience of building your OWN fighter is really the prize here. Just like India started with the SLV, ASLV, PSLV, GSLV (hope they sort out its kinks) in the space program - the real bonanza is self -reliance and the learning to become self reliant in the technologies that are the riders in such a complex venture.
With the involvement of the nascent private sector under the new policy - I think TEJAS is just the beginning in the long road ahead of building world class/potent fighters with an ambition to join the league of the Big Guns who have already mastered the art.

It was said that LCA MK-II will have larger wing area. But I dont see any increase of wing area. :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

And we should add IRST in LCA MK-II.

The MK-II as mentioned earlier will be a 1 meter longer then MK-I. Don't think they can increase the length of the plane without increasing its wing area. So definitely increase in the wing area for MK-II is there. :yes4:

It was said that LCA MK-II will have larger wing area. But I dont see any increase of wing area.
Yeah, i also heard that, instead they are just increasing the length of the previous one by 1m. Apart from this they are changing the engine which they could have done in mk1 also. Also there are some changes in avionics and mission computer and display etc. but it looks like mk1 was made in hurry and mk2 is just fixing what was wrong and not adding what was needed.

to me it seems , MK 2 changes represent the corrections in MK 1 faults,
next 4 years is the fine we are paying for failure of kaveri , and other short comings,
while it may still add range to air craft if any one was complaining about that...

only thing that i cannot understand is why f 4o4 - f 414 - snecma ?
why not we directly buy engines and tech from snecma ?
isn t that save time for future corrections ?
why do have to go for f 414 in between and loosing some years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom