What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
that only means winner of mrca is F 18 , gripen or rafale
otherwise its a total waste of time for LCA
personally i would have preferred EFT engine for LCA and EFT for MMRCA ... it looks that is not going to happen

Two questions, what is this white color and what kind of missiles are these?

21.jpg
As per the BR discussion which i remember .. those white patches on the wings are some structural paints(dont remember the exact name) to understand the stress

LCA Tejas MK-2 Model

DSC00632_2-737172.JPG

Now MK2 makes more sense ... with no additional points and introduction of IFR(retractable) will free up the pylons for heavier payload or multi rack missile... There are no much changes except the length being increased by 0.5m and height by 0.2m .. wondering how much fuel capacity it will increase... but no AESA :(

Then why did they claimed so many things in the beginning ??/ They were the ones who compared the aircraft to gripen. IAF never asked for a F22, it is asking for a decent 4th gen fighter. ADA is still giving them mig++ which was our requirement in 1990 not in 2011.

As far as being practical is concerned, they should have worked on the future projects before declaring them in public (AMCA, AURA). They themselves make fool of them.

I mean do you even know AMCA might even get cancelled at this stage. Right now govt. has given them some 275 million$ to carry out feasibility report then only the project will be sanctioned.

Not to mention, if they fail to carry out the feasibility report, the project will be cancelled. How practical are they, when they declared their plan before even thinking whether they had the capability of building it or not ?/

They are not able to build a decent 4th gen fighter and they are dreaming of building a 5th gen fighter (according to some idiots 6th gen fighter) and an UCAV.

Thats the way things are happening in India, they claim, give timeliness bla bla, but rarely materialize. MK-2 only was compared to Gripen NG that too by IAF chief.

And there is some instances where we made stuff secretly,. Eg- Nuclear Sub, Agni-2 etc.

Im happy there is no canards, also IRST can be at one of the PODs overall, I'm happy with the new design.. IAF wants F-22 from DRDO? come on be practical...

Still ..the agility of any craft is better than Tejas... So whats wrong if a design modification is done to achieve high agility that's very important in dog-fight.
Seriously Tejas need better design and powerful engine with thrust vectoring..

Still ..the agility of any craft is better than Tejas... So whats wrong if a design modification is done to achieve high agility that's very important in dog-fight.
Seriously Tejas need better design and powerful engine with thrust vectoring..

Pilots say it is as easy as M2K, what else you can expect? for better thrust, there is a new engine...so, most of the problems solved..

I think this is not the finalized design, this is sure to change as mk2 is definitely going t have AESA radar & low RCS.There is a possibility of TVC too.In terms of avionics & performance it will be comparable to Gripen NG 2760882.html[/IMG]

You call an aircraft a failure which is supposed to be built 250 times in Pakistan and 300-500 times in China? Go do some research, and while your at it search the meaning of joint venture.

LCA is an aircraft which is denied by the air force which it was made for. There is nothing in LCA that India has made, except for solving the puzzle and putting it together successfuly, about 8 of them for the museum.

This thread will be fun. :)

sir please do some research.

I think this is not the finalized design, this is sure to change as mk2 is definitely going t have AESA radar & low RCS.There is a possibility of TVC too.
images-the-hindu-indigenously-developed-lca-tejas-at-hal-airport-in--2-421612760882.html

TVC??? Its going to use GE 414 dude.....

super cruise... a must..

It is truly a disappointment.. I cant even tell the two models apart...

You will in the final versions, that's just a presentation model, imo even of the MK1.

The most visible differences that were expected, were about increase of internal fuel with larger wings and integration of the new engine, with expected fuselage and air intake changes.
It seems they found a different solution for the first point, while the only surprising on the second is the same design for the air intakes, although I still think that will be changed in the final version.
A change to AESA would hardly be visible, because it would simply fitted in to the present nose, which is designed with a big size from the start.
Even the fixed refuelling probe is not a big issue here, because it reduces costs and is not such a big contributor to the RCS in operational service, with way bigger missiles, bombs and fuel tanks attached.

The disappointing point imo are the lack of IRST (still not sure about lack of AESA), which was said to be developed by an Indian company and the same number of weapon stations, but maybe we will get more details in the coming days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom