What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are my two cents about the LCA mk2.

* First, let me make it clear that the die hard jingo in me is extremely angry at this and most probably join benny in his stone pelting spree!:shout:

I did expect some changes in the mk2 design (at least hoping it would "look" a bit cooler!).. And that is not the case!:bad:

Now, after my rant mode was off, I decided to give this design a consideration and here is what I found out!

* ABSOLUTE SHOCKERS!

1. Intake design---
Looks like the shape of intakes will remain same with increase in size. We should have opted for diamond shaped intakes for more stealth.

2. No IRST---
Nobody here (AI) is willing to comment on that. IRST pod is the only solution now.

*GRAY AREAS

1. No AESA?
My angry queries were met with following cryptic questions--

- What makes me so sure that MMR will not be an AESA in the future? (Naam me kya rakha hai, dost?, they said.)

- Have I heard of something called "project uttam"?

- Do I believe that IAF will field a craft without AESA 20 years from now?

Draw your own results from these questions, guys!

* NO NEED TO WORRY ABOUT

1. No Canards-
There is absolutely no need for canards, we have enough lift and the cranked delta gives enough maneuverability. This has been tested and proved!

2. No CFT-
Not required at all. The IAF never asked for it. As for the fuel section, there are some surprises, keep on reading.

3. No TVC-
Adding TVC on such a light plane could be very very troublesome. Loss benefit ratio is more than one!

Ganimi ji mein yahi samjahte smajahte thak gaya
1>why we need CFT WHEN IAF DINT ASKED FOR?
2>AESA WILL BE THERE FOR SURE BUT THEY NOT CLAIMING ANYTHING FOR NOW.
3>hard point will increase to 10for sure ,Ganimi ji shed some lite ok ?
4>IRST POD IS ONLY SOLUTION FOR MK2
5>DELTA WING IS DAMN GOOD FOR MANUEVERING,WHY WE NEED TO CHANGE IT VIA INDUCING CANARDS??

MRCA fCked UP.....

they will award the MRCA in 2012..
delivery will start by 2018...
By that time all the MRCA contenders will be Obsolete..

Wat MOD's plans,didn't the contenders of MRCA drop some cash in Anthony's pockets????

I think they should announce it after december 21 , 2012.. There is a possibility for the world to end... so why waste money :lol:...

I dont know why they need an year for announcing it.. do they need to learn reading english to read the evaluation report which is already ready? or do they need a year's negotiations to choose one...:what:

MRCA fCked UP.....

Wat MOD's plans,didn't the contenders of MRCA drop some cash in Anthony's pockets????

OFF TOPIC-Mr.Anthony is the most clean handed congressman in India IMO.But an incapable Defence minister nevertheless.I thought that the MMRCA tender's were called in order to replace our suicide drones i.e the fishbeds but the MOD is waiting for all of them to crash then their reports will be out and then the Supreme Court will b****slap them for not modernizing our AF then the MOD will down select some fighters and after all this drama,the contacts will be signed!!!!:sick::sick:

why we need anything new ?? Why we need Canards ?if am not wrong LCA MK2 is based on naval LCA with with levcons ?? AESA will be present in LCA MK2 if it completed on time till then HAL PLAYS NO SPECULATION ,they presented a simple ,foot on the earth with no hi fundos stuff.. Am damn happy for it..

me too! this way they will be able to complete work on time.

That model is just an older MK1 model, named MK2 for the show, but if you look at it there are no changes, not even the new auxiliary power unit is correctly shown, let alone new air intakes and fuselage changes, which are required for the GE 414 engines. Also how they want to increase the fuel without airframe changes (fuselage, or bigger wings), so take this presentation with a pinch of salt.
IAF, IN and MoD officials numerously stated that MK2 will have AESA radar, so keeping MMR is more than doubtful!

Breaking news!

After a lot of hammering I was finally told that this is not the final design! This is one of the early concepts when two models were being developed for two engines in the fray.

This will change!

Though, we do not know how much the change will be! LEVCON is still a strong possibility.

@ Sancho,
There are some changes in the fuselage in this model. Intake size and shape, however, remains the same. We were told to assume that the size of intakes is larger! :)

gamimi ji kha tha IN LOGO KO LCA MK2 DESIGN IS STILL NOT OUT BUT IN DRAWING BOARD :haha: saala mein to shaab ban gaya :lol:

There were news reports earlier that GoI has authorised 542 million dollars for the MK2 version.

If so much money has been allocated then there has to be a lot of changes plus some massive system integration.

I am convinced Tejas MK2 is going to take yet another decade and I am going to stop following this one. :hitwall:

All my focus is going be on AMCA now.

@ Sancho,
There are some changes in the fuselage in this model. Intake size and shape, however, remains the same. We were told to assume that the size of intakes is larger! :)

So it remains the same for the model, but will be larger for the real one? Any confirmation on AESA and IRST?

MRCA fCked UP.....

Till then all the mig-21's will crash, i think they are waiting for all the migs to crash first then order MRCA

1.So it remains the same for the model, but will be larger for the real one?

2. Any confirmation on AESA and IRST?

1. Yes, that seems to be the case. Some intake changes (inspired by Sea harrier) will be seen as early as NP-2 (fighter version) roll out.

2. IRST---- No response from the authorities. Maybe with the radar and the retractable fuel probe, they ran out of the real estate to accommodate the IRST. IRST+ targetting pod combo on the 8th pylon is a possibility.

AESA--- Lot of cryptic questions thrown back at me (see earlier post). Though I'm willing to bet my money on IAF getting an AESA on the mk2 by it's FOC in 2016.

No offence but personally i was expecting atleast IRST and AESA ,as many indian members were speaking about these goodies in MK1 and calling it 4.5 generation aircraft but now even the MK2 doesnot have these things so how can it be now 4.5 generation aircraft even the MK2 so far doesnot seem a 4.5 generation aircraft

Note: reply on logical bases rather then sentiments ,don't troll .be constructive

It seems everybody was in high exceptions for Mk-2.

If Canard was there, it would not take this much curse..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom