What's new

Generations pay off debts through slavery

Show me the photos and we can talk. I challenged people to find me 1 photo of even 1 person starving to death in China during the Great Leap Forward and not 1 person has found even 1, so show me the photos.

Call the Asiatic Society of NY and ask to see the Chinese collection or if there is a way to get hold of a copy of the photos. I am not buying one for you and scanning it in here. Cant break copyright law here in the US.

Call the Asiatic Society of NY and ask to see the Chinese collection or if there is a way to get hold of a copy of the photos. I am not buying one for you and scanning it in here. Cant break copyright law here in the US.

How interesting that all evidence against China is paywalled while we have many FREE pictures of the Holocaust that occured in the US: The Great Depression.

here just to make sure you don't think I am using pictures from another famine, the search parameters.

"great depression" starvation - Google Search

images

depression_007.jpg

And gambit's joke of a picture is actually AMERICAN, from the great depression.

starving_man.jpg

2nd row 7th picture.

great_depression_1.jpg

And the biggest joke of all.

great_depression_soup_line.jpg

And yet you believe in the crap your Wall Street mafia regime stuff down your throat and is blind to your own faults, still prefering to focus on China instead.

below_freezing, over and over again I see you blaming others to cover up or smooth over your own culture's mistakes.

it's not only getting boring and predictable, it prevents any progress.

Guys must we post photos of these horrific incidents. Everyone knows what happened in the past, what happened during the holocaust or the great leap forward. Do we really need to post these images to prove our point? Have some decency guys.

below_freezing, over and over again I see you blaming others to cover up or smooth over your own culture's mistakes.

I did not blame anyone. He made an assertion. He offered no proof. I offered proof to the contrary. You can't say "I have proof but I'm not going to show it" in a court of law.

I think you are probably over-estimating the importance of an anonymous internet forum.

Guys must we post photos of these horrific incidents. Everyone knows what happened in the past, what happened during the holocaust or the great leap forward. Do we really need to post these images to prove our point? Have some decency guys.

I'm sorry. However, I would like to point out that he made a claim about photos, so I showed him what the Great Depression looked like as a contrast, while he is still unable to supply the photos.

I wasn't talking about you mate, I was talking about my fellow Indians.

Look.

It's true that Brahmins, Kshatriyas and Vaishyas have discriminated against the Dalits for thousands of years, isn't it?

I'm myself a Kshatriya but I don't believe in these things.

If something's wrong, we should accept it.

Look.

It's true that Brahmins, Kshatriyas and Vaishyas have discriminated against the Dalits for thousands of years, isn't it?

I'm myself a Kshatriya but I don't believe in these things.

If something's wrong, we should accept it.

I am not denying what happened in the past, but lets have a look at modern India why don't we. How many farms do you think are owned by Brahmins these days or even in the past for that matter? How many brick factories are run by Brahmins today? Go have a look in UP and Bihar, you will get your answer.

The richer Brahmins sold their lands off and the poorer ones are leading a miserable life. My dad sold off 1000's of Bighas of land to Aheers. Before he sold it, it was the Aheers who used to cultivate the land on contract and they used to hire lower castes people and had bonded laborers. And am sure same is the case everywhere else. You will rarely see a Brahmin zamindar. Yet its the Brahmins who get singled out for this menace.

No one talks about all the Hindu reformist who happened to be Brahmins too. But when it comes to any ill in our society, yes blame the Brahmins.

No one talks about all the Hindu reformist who happened to be Brahmins too. But when it comes to any ill in our society, yes blame the Brahmins.

You know why people blame the Brahmins?

Brahmins were the religious luminaries, they were supposed to lead us onto a path of progress, open-mindedness and tolerance.

Instead, they led us onto a path of parochialism, intolerance and 'untouchability'.

Try to understand this by looking at how many people blame the Mullahs for what's happening in Pakistan today.

The Brahmins did not do their job. So they get the blame.

and I was not talking of modern India. I was giving an account of how the caste system evolved over thousands of years.

Brahmins have done great things too. But the negative things of one's character always hog the limelight over the positive things.

Besides, those luminaries were far too few or else we would never be having this problem, would we?

I did not blame anyone. He made an assertion. He offered no proof. I offered proof to the contrary. You can't say "I have proof but I'm not going to show it" in a court of law.

then you could've just asked him for proof instead of pointing out his country's wrongs?..

You know why people blame the Brahmins?

Brahmins were the religious luminaries, they were supposed to lead us onto a path of progress, open-mindedness and tolerance.

Instead, they led us onto a path of parochialism, intolerance and 'untouchability'.

Try to understand this by looking at how many people blame the Mullahs for what's happening in Pakistan today.

The Brahmins did not do their job. So they get the blame.

and I was not talking of modern India. I was giving an account of how the caste system evolved over thousands of years.

Brahmins have done great things too. But the negative things of one's character always hog the limelight over the positive things.

Besides, those luminaries were far too few or else we would never be having this problem, would we?

Fair point, I agree and accept all that. However I don't understand why this blaming the evil Bhrahmin should continue in this day and age, when Brahmins have nothing left, no money no power. Also Brahmins alone aren't to blame for the caste systems and other evils of Hindu society.

I fail to see why Brahmins should be blamed for this particular menace of bonded laborers. Some guy said this on this first page. Tell me if its true?

the government passed a bill which later became a rule that whoever works in the fields continuously for 3 years or more, would own the land too. There sure were some protests, esp from the Brahmin community in some parts of the country, because as a tradition they were not supposed to work even in their own fields. But this law sure changed a lot, and I would say overnight.

Back
Top Bottom