What's new

Generations pay off debts through slavery

Kidnappings and abductions in US does not happen to make a person slave. While in this case, poor people seems to be duped into slavery and forced to work in in-humane working conditions.

The point is you can not justify it by saying that since it happens everywhere so it's not that bad if it happens in China.

It's illegal and when caught the owners find themselves in either solitary confinement in Tibet or kneeling in the prisonyard waiting for the gun to go off.

In addition, this is the slavery of mentally disabled people, who are unfortunately exploited by fake charity organizations and traffickers. This is nowhere close to being comparable to hereditary slavery like the one that existed in the US for blacks for 100 years and what the dalits go through.

Then came the Mughals and brought Islam with them. Now Islam didn't have any such thing as caste system. This made Islam a very lucrative option for the Dalits and many of them converted to Islam.

Then came the British and brought Christianity with them, Again, like Islam, Christianity had no such thing as Caste system. Again, many Dalits converted to Christianity.

Hmm could this be a part of what causes friction between Muslims and Hindus, and, Christians and Hindus? That Hindus of higher caste still think of converted Christians and Muslims as just lower castes by a different name?

Hmm could this be a part of what causes friction between Muslims and Hindus, and, Christians and Hindus? That Hindus of higher caste still think of converted Christians and Muslims as just lower castes by a different name?

Well this is what happened,

The muslims were entirely different from Brahmins who were the sole authority in Hindu society.

1. The Muslims ate flesh, the brahmins didn't.
2. The Muslims' religious practices were entirely different from those of Hindus and hence of the Brahmins.

Now when this happened, Muslims also became the subject of this discrimination that earlier the Dalits were subjected to.

This problem of Hindu-Muslim divide was compounded by the forced conversions of Hindus, largely Brahmins at the hands of the Mughal rulers.

So the Hindu-Muslim enmity was a result of two factors, the discrimination towards Muslims at the hands of Hindus and the treatment of Hindus and forced conversions of Hindus by the Mughal rulers. It was both ways.

It's illegal and when caught the owners find themselves in either solitary confinement in Tibet or kneeling in the prisonyard waiting for the gun to go off.

In addition, this is the slavery of mentally disabled people, who are unfortunately exploited by fake charity organizations and traffickers. This is nowhere close to being comparable to hereditary slavery like the one that existed in the US for blacks for 100 years and what the dalits go through.

No need to be a mouthpiece of the CPC. We exactly know what goes on and is going on in China. There are some real Chinese people in NYC who through photos and real evidence show exactly what goes on in China. There is slavery and exploitation of the worst form in China coupled with outright HR abuses. If you are trying to show that China is better than the US or India in human rights or slavery, please spare us your "thoughts".

No, Hindus have no problem with people of other religions, like Jains, Buddhists, Sikhs etc. In fact it was a tradition among upper caste Hindu families to donate the first son to Sikhism, and the greatest proponents of Buddhism were Hindu kings. So conversion was never a problem for Hindusm.

However, Abrahamic religions appear completely different, and view traditions of Hinduism akin to Satanism. For example, idol worshipping.

If you have read, then you must know that Magellan was sent to India less to find a trade route and more to find the 'long lost' Christians brothers (that's what they thought of Hindus), to help the Portuguese fight Islamic crusaders and pirates. Prior to that, and prior to Islam's violent arrival in India, Hindus never had any problems with anyone (they still don't per se). In fact, Christianity came to India and was welcomed here even before it went to England. And Islam came to India (Eastern part) and was welcomed way before Qasim and Ghori invaded in the northwest. You will be surprised to know that a Hindu Brahmin king was one of the close companions and served in the army of Husayn Ibn Ali (Grandson of Prophet Muhammad).

So it would be very wrong to say Hindus ever had any problems with Christians or Muslims.

still a blight on china tho

i think the law in china should be even tougher. change the law so the management of the company would all get fines and jail time if a slave if found to be working for the company. according to the story is seems that only the trafficker gets punished.

No need to be a mouthpiece of the CPC. We exactly know what goes on and is going on in China. There are some real Chinese people in NYC who through photos and real evidence show exactly what goes on in China. There is slavery and exploitation of the worst form in China coupled with outright HR abuses. If you are trying to show that China is better than the US or India in human rights or slavery, please spare us your "thoughts".

Show me the photos and we can talk. I challenged people to find me 1 photo of even 1 person starving to death in China during the Great Leap Forward and not 1 person has found even 1, so show me the photos.

:tdown:you aren't qualified to do judge if evidence is real or not. it is pretty obvious those "real" chinese people in NYC have an anti-CPC agenda. if you are only believing them then your view of the CPC is extremely baised.

so that makes you a mouthpiece calling someone else a mouthpiece. ironic isn't it.

I have a question.... Why low castes(yes we have them in punjab... n are mostly christian) look different than others? they r dark,flat featured n short!!??

Why is tht?
No offence to anyone.....Im just curious.

I have a question.... Why low castes(yes we have them in punjab... n are mostly christian) look different than others? they r dark,flat featured n short!!??

Why is tht?

I don't know mate. It's as good as asking 'Why is a black guy, black?'

I can't tell you. Nobody can.

I don't know mate. It's as good as asking 'Why is a black guy, black?'

I can't tell you. Nobody can.

This whole skin colour things comes down to how your body makes vitamin D. It is a critical vitamin and the skin needs to receive just the right amount of sunlight for optimal health. So over time as people moved away from equatorial areas, the population moving further north came under selection pressure for lower skin pigmentation (to allow Vitamin D synthesis).

Why is tht?

Most of the lower caste people are those who were tribals, who bore the features you mentioned. They did not have much knowledge of Hinduism. They were mostly found and assimilated long after castes were determined by birth. Since these tribal people did not know much, did not have a highly evolved social system of their own, and were not powerful, they were mostly designated as lower castes. But since castes were by then determined by birth, genetic pool remained restricted. That is why you some times see the difference in the features of upper and lower caste people.

Edit: The dark round featured people of lower caste are not originally Hindus. They are the indigenous tribal people, some had their own religion, some did not, but all of them were taken as Hindus to help the armies of the emperors of those times.

This whole skin colour things comes down to how your body makes vitamin D. It is a critical vitamin and the skin needs to receive just the right amount of sunlight for optimal health. So over time as people moved away from equatorial areas, the population moving further north came under selection pressure for lower skin pigmentation (to allow Vitamin D synthesis).

That's science but he's asking why a person belonging to a particular community is black. Now science can't answer that, can it?

Back
Top Bottom