What's new

Friendship with India

all we expected is millitant ridden neighbours and we're developing the Afghanistan for the same..and that will be in the interest of pakistan too

Please india with pakistan's interests is like saying US and Russia friends forever.

The only thing that matter is actions, not words.

That is true.

So no Indian terrorists blowing up in Pakistan (versus the reverse) will count as evidence that it is not true?

No idea which particular tangent you are off to. I made a comment about the dominance of feudals on Pakistani politics, so I don't know how your comment relates to that.

I was talking in more general terms.

I don't make mistakes reading straightforward English sentences. Unlike some of your compatriots.

OK, but then they are not expected to forget their identity and start calling a foreign language as their "primary" or "first" language.

Some people are more Malleable in that respect. They tend to have a more fluid sense of identity. ;)
mal·le·a·ble
/ˈmalyəbəl/
Adjective

(of a metal or other material) Able to be hammered or pressed permanently out of shape without breaking or cracking.
Easily influenced; pliable.

Synonyms
pliable - pliant - supple - flexible - yielding - ductile

I had read that gold was the most malleable metal. Seems some can beat it hands down. ;)

Polyglotism is not a bad thing; you should try it some time. ;)

I already said English is my fourth language. Should have given a hint. ;)

I would give a more nuanced "not yet".

Not until we do a trial separation, find our feet and come back to this relationship after we attain strength in the other spheres I mentioned.

I t might be my opinion but i don't think india and pakistan can ever play in the same basket.

this statement of yours is full of self-pity, and little else.

I was referring to far more than military issues. India almost makes it a point to stick its nose into any trade negotiations Pakistan is conducting with the EU, etc.

In any case, it is about Pakistan's national interests and the fact that India often finds itself on the opposing side, even when third parties are concerned.

I believe that you do not twist facts that you know to be true. That would mean that the statements above are seriously held by you. In that case, you are hopelessly ill-educated and ill-informed about Indian politics. And politicians.

That means that you seriously believe Indian political elite are interested in honest friendship with Pakistan. I guess we disagree.

Please there are other regions where india can bring peace. Why choose a country right next to pakistan as it is an obvious attempt to encircle pakistan from both sides. I would ask why india gets sleepless nights over the handover of gwadar port.

Why Pakistan having problem with India's investment in Afghanistan when Afghans don't have. How building a road is dangerous to Pakistan. Pakistan even want China building Naval base at Gwadar to counter India.

Why Pakistan having problem with India's investment in Afghanistan when Afghans don't have. How building a road is dangerous to Pakistan. Pakistan even want China building Naval base at Gwadar to counter India.

You can build as many roads as you want but i doubt you need dozens of indian consulates in a country with almost zero indian citizens present. Indian interests are not just limited to Road and building and everyone knows that for a fact.

so u want undeveloped afghanistan with full of millitants ??

I doubt that militants will go away by building roads.

So no Indian terrorists blowing up in Pakistan (versus the reverse) will count as evidence that it is not true?

Stopping the diplomatic assault on Pakistan, not meddling in third party trade negotiations, and similar actions would go a long way towards establishing trust.

OK, but then they are not expected to forget their identity and start calling a foreign language as their "primary" or "first" language.

Nothing here about identity. When someone misinterprets simple English prose, it's worth asking what caused the miscommunication.

I already said English is my fourth language. Should have given a hint. ;)

Then you should understand that learning a language need not signify anything sinister.

I was referring to far more than military issues. India almost makes it a point to stick its nose into any trade negotiations Pakistan is conducting with the EU, etc.

In any case, it is about Pakistan's national interests and the fact that India often finds itself on the opposing side, even when third parties are concerned.

That means that you seriously believe Indian political elite are interested in honest friendship with Pakistan. I guess we disagree.

No, I do not seriously believe that. I seriously believe that a section of the Indian political elite, largely resident within the Congress party, is interested in honest friendship with Pakistan. It was this section that banned intelligence activity within Pakistan, that promulgated a doctrine stating that we should strive for peace in spite of repeated and egregious breaches of faith by the other side, that strove incessantly for dialogue and achieving small gains, if nothing else were available.

Do you have any evidence to believe that Gujral and Manmohan Singh are fictitious characters out of a political novel?

You can build as many roads as you want but i doubt you need dozens of indian consulates in a country with almost zero indian citizens present. Indian interests are not just limited to Road and building and everyone knows that for a fact.

its not just about roads its about standards of living,proper health care,education system,jobs,security .we're doing our part to develop it..india publicly announced thats its against any army deployment in afghanistan..we train their personnel so that they can defend themselves.we even denied the request of karzai to provide weapons we're purely interested in peace in afghanistan

This is a fiction that goes on and on and on. Outside Herat, Mazhar-i-Sharif, Kandahar and Jalalabad, can you point to a single extra one? Are you aware that this was a vague statement by one of your generals, that has since then become part of the popular fantasy about Indian intentions in Afghanistan?

Stopping the diplomatic assault on Pakistan, not meddling in third party trade negotiations, and similar actions would go a long way towards establishing trust.

I think you are interpreting it wrong.

If you are talking of the recent EU trade textile negotiations, it was impacting India and so India protested (along with BD mind you, for the same reason).

If you have some more real example, let's discuss them.

Else, India and Pakistan even work on the same side in some multilateral settings when their interests coincide.

Nothing here about identity. When someone misinterprets simple English prose, it's worth asking what caused the miscommunication.

And the "first" and "primary" language is how it is supposed to be done?

I have never seen a person whose primary language is really English do that. ;)

They actually know that the other person is speaking a foreign language while they are on home turf.

Most Americans I have met actually self deprecate themselves on their knowledge of just one language.

Then you should understand that learning a language need not signify anything sinister.

OK. As you say. :crazy:

No, I do not seriously believe that. I seriously believe that a section of the Indian political elite, largely resident within the Congress party, is interested in honest friendship with Pakistan. It was this section that banned intelligence activity within Pakistan, that promulgated a doctrine stating that we should strive for peace in spite of repeated and egregious breaches of faith by the other side, that strove incessantly for dialogue and achieving small gains, if nothing else were available.

Do you have any evidence to believe that Gujral and Manmohan Singh are fictitious characters out of a political novel?

I never denied that there are Indian politicians who are interested in honest friendship. My comment was that there are competing camps within India, as there are in any country, and the hawks hold sway in the balance. Perhaps "dominate" was too strong a characterization, but I believe the balance is definitely to the right.

I would give a more nuanced "not yet".

Not until we do a trial separation, find our feet and come back to this relationship after we attain strength in the other spheres I mentioned.

While what you mention is not a bad idea, the context is one indeed.
Regardless of how much strength Pakistan attains - it will never be able to equal India.

So what difference does now, or a decade later make?

Of course.

India is also engaged in building power stations, transmission lines, schools, hospitals and mines. India is very interested in getting to develop Afghanistan's undeveloped mineral resources. There are a dozen areas where Afghanistan and India can cooperate and prosper, and we are both working for it. There is no similar plan on the Pakistani side for the simple reason that Pakistan's single-plank policy has been to dominate Afghanistan by imposing the Taliban on the country, and hoping that the Taliban will more or less guard their frontiers for them, while they concentrate on more engaging foes.

Back
Top Bottom