What's new

Friendship with India

Two nation theory was dead to us in 1947 when many Muslims didnt move to the homeland they created supposedly for Muslims (or 1971 is another case).

The issue is not about Indian Muslims, but the fact that a chunk of people claimed that they would be better off separated from India. If the breakaway chunk fails, it will be satisfying to those who opposed it for whatever reason. (I am talking of the Indian political elite, not the ordinary people.)

Not at all. Pakistani elite have never understood that true strength comes, not just from the military, but from the full spectrum of economics, diplomacy, media, etc., etc.

It is India's greatest luck that Pakistan never took care of the feudals the way India did.

Now stop hiding ur INCOMPETENCE behind words like LUCK, the biggest acheivement in Pakistan's history is its continuous state of denial for last 6 decades....:)

Keep up the good work Mr.ThinkTank...:agree:

So ur bloody hipocrisy applies to IOK but not junnargarh or mavadar?

Pakistan tried to merge Junagarh on 14 september, Kashmir merged with India, 1.5 months later in late October. still Pakistan tried to have these two along with Hyderabad. If you wanted play game, don't expect anything from India.

I read that Kalat sent accession paper to Nehru but Nehru sent it back.

Dude, Pakistan is supporting Afghan Taliban to keep India out of Afghanistan that ended with Pakistan's hostility towards America.

Conspiracy theories please i have grown tired of baseless accusations. Pakistanis are not the only ones who want americans out of afghanistan as no one wants to have americans sitting in their backyards.

No we took over Japan last year n r currently 3rd largest in PPP terms.

But it doesn't matter to me unless it becomes nominal...:)

gdp at exchange rates is less but its an advantage for us to have a lower rupee value for our exports.btw its 4th after over taking japan.we have e.u,u.s,china before us..look the cia's world fact book for details

Friendship with india is just a waste of time. India has a long history of extending a hand of friendship and holding a dagger at the same time. No chance unless miraculously we are able to solve kashmir issue.

We should concentrate on developing our trade and diplomatic relation with China, Iran and other central asian countries.

lt is interesting to note that the Internet Hindu has a Muslim counterpart.

For the vast majority, it doesn't matter either ways.

State policy isn't made by the vast majority but the political elite. For them, it matters, and will for the foreseeable future.

In none of them, Pakistan can ever hope to match India.

We are not in the habit of getting India's approval on what we should and shouldn't try to do.

India couldn't care less. You only presume that India is your counterpart or your equal in any sense of the word.

Nowhere did I claim that India should care. I highlighted a crucial difference in the way India and Pakistan handled a similar problem.

It is only your insecurity that you need to twist every sentence into a boast of alleged Indian superiority.

The ground realities of Pakistan have far overtaken any quick fix solutions that can be applied to it. Forget normalization of ties, a full fledged friendship with India will not result even in a dent to the current issues of Pakistan. What Pakistan can do is to start prioritizing her problems instead of prolonging her obsession with India.

Unfortunately, people like the author of the DAWN piece are obsessed with India and can't cut the apron strings. They don't understand that Indian polity is dominated by anti-Pakistan hawks and the only way to deal with India is from a position of strength.

It's been over 60 years and some people still haven't grown up to see the whole wide world beyond India.

Where did you get Indian polity being dominated by anti-Pakistan hawks?

Where did you get Indian polity being dominated by anti-Pakistan hawks?

India's relationship with Pakistan has always been two-faced. For every outward gesture of peace, there is the diplomatic machinations to sabotage Pakistan's relationship with other countries (esp. the West), whether in economic, military or other aspects.

This has been consistent through the decades, regardless of the administration.

gdp at exchange rates is less but its an advantage for us to have a lower rupee value for our exports.btw its 4th after over taking japan.we have e.u,u.s,china before us..look the cia's world fact book for details

1. Its not much of an advantage as we r not an export oriented economy unlike China or SK.

2. EU is no country its a group of countries.

But i told u it doesn't matter whether we r 4th or 1st as long as 30% of population still lives for less than a dollar a day...:)

Back
Top Bottom