What's new

France to provide combat copters

Tiger HAP $35–39 million USD
Tiger ARH $36 million USD
Tiger HAD $44–48 million USD
Tiger UHT $38–43 million USD

Thanks but I got similar costs thru WP which is not taht relaible.

Any one fimilar with the deal might be able to provide some close to real numbers.

i dont think so pak will go for them if they will pay that much money they will better of getting apaches

woow cool.... like the french said... cannt give pakistan tigers in short notice so 2012-14 could be the time frame?... but does that mean no T-129 for PA? or we buy tigers in limited numbers for anti-tank role while T-129 as multi role chopper? quite a deadly combo..

perhaps the idea is to get them in small numbers! perhaps a squadron or half of some 15 birds! this is because non of the two better options ie the T129 and WZ10 are yet fully developed and mature!
but for me, it is not a wise choice. we better carry on wiht the cobras we have for another two years or so and then go for T129 and WZ10, it will be a better option as the T129 being westren origin (though nmade in turkey chopper with almost all equipment made in turkey but yet it is a westren idea and design) and WZ10 being cheap yet equally capable!!
although this is only my view point but i hope you people agree!

regards!

i dont think so pak will go for them if they will pay that much money they will better of getting apaches

but the US wont ever give them to us. also the new military doctroine seems to be shifting toward a No US Hardware approach, specially in fields wher other options are available. i guess its just getting lesson from our previous mistakes of US reliance!

regards!

for ur kind of info apache has been sold to all us friends and us never ever not going to sell us this if we ask them and tiger is too western

for ur kind of info apache has been sold to all us friends and us never ever not going to sell us this if we ask them and tiger is too western

agree, they have given to all there Friends :agree:, but this relation of friendship is what i doubt!!:P
i mean they have given F16 blk 52 to there friends when they asked for them, currently they are giving neuclear technology to therer new friends (india), neither they have denied E3 AWE&C to any of there friends and have never ever tried to convince therer friends that look P3 orions are the all we can give to you when on the same time providing there enemy with P8s!
sir we better learn from our lesson quickly before it gets too late...
not to forget that Iraq and taliban have once been there close friends and look at what they did to them, also in 80z pakistan was therer good friend then what lead our force to a lost decade of 90s!!
sir i never meant any offense to you but yes it is there for US,,
i hope you understand, however if you didnt liked the tone of the post, i being junior rediely apologize!!

regards!

We should go with one which provide us with ToT atleast for the spares.

Chinese heli is a good option but again we will be putting all eggs in the same basket.

thats exactly how we should proceed!
with US system, we have so often suffered because of the spare issues, may they be the F16s or the Cobras!!

and yes, putting all eggs in one basket wont be wise but the solution is not to put half of them in one and throw away the rest :lol:. with US deal, this is pretty much the case to be!!
for me the other basket must be the Turkish or South African, there is nothing wrong with the tiger deal apart from the big price tag they bear!

take care,
regards!

agree, they have given to all there Friends :agree:, but this relation of friendship is what i doubt!!:P
i mean they have given F16 blk 52 to there friends when they asked for them, currently they are giving neuclear technology to therer new friends (india), neither they have denied E3 AWE&C to any of there friends and have never ever tried to convince therer friends that look P3 orions are the all we can give to you when on the same time providing there enemy with P8s!
sir we better learn from our lesson quickly before it gets too late...
not to forget that Iraq and taliban have once been there close friends and look at what they did to them, also in 80z pakistan was therer good friend then what lead our force to a lost decade of 90s!!
sir i never meant any offense to you but yes it is there for US,,
i hope you understand, however if you didnt liked the tone of the post, i being junior rediely apologize!!

regards!

totally agreed
:tup:

totally agreed
:tup:

and even then you have yet to hit the thanks button ;)
anyways that is not something out of imagination, it is how they have been treating us! now there drones are commng and hitting out land every now and then, we have literally begged them for that technology and if they would have ever considered us as true allies and freinds they wont have so much of hesitation. i agree that this is something that they have not given to even some of there real close allies but yet it is also true that Pakistan is at the moment in desparate need of that system. coonsidering that, they must have atleast offered us assistance in our indegenious UCAV programme that is reported to be well under way!!

regards!

If again iam not wrong! werent we offered the super cobra? and if so why not go for it? wat is all the damn fuzz about!

If again iam not wrong! werent we offered the super cobra? and if so why not go for it? wat is all the damn fuzz about!

A friend used to tell me 'kissi ko inkaar mat karo, kaam kerna ya na kerna tumhari marzi

Sometimes we are offered things just to tease us. There are either price and loan issues or so many strings attached that the deal doesn't go through ...

Well Sir, one major reason is that US AH-1 super cobras are being upgraded to AH-1Z Viper standard, so why buy a helicopter which will not be there in few years. And Super Cobras are just operated by US Marines, Taiwan, Turkey & Iran have some but majority by USMC.

We use around 60 cobras, and having just a dozen or so cobras will bring operational burden on the aviation, as both have different engines and Super Cobra has twin engines, meaning more time to be spent on its maintenance & also maintenance cost.

In my opinion due to operational issues some mentioned above, PA rejected them.

PA should get WZ-10, its video is available and it has great maneuverability & weapons systems would be of good quality too.

2nd option should be Turkish T-129.

In my opinion both helicopters may be equal as WZ-10 has input from AgustaWestland manufacturer of A-129.

Both countries have strong relations with us, ToT for some critical equipment would be easy & can be easily taken from these countries.

Both will be the workhorses of China & Turkey.

American options should now be told BYE BYE :wave:

Back
Top Bottom