What's new

Arabic Music (modern, traditional, poems, anasheed, dua etc.)

Turks/Azeris everywhere in the comment section.o_O

Nice remix though.

Ancient Arabic Dabke music and dances native to Sham (Levant) and Northern KSA.

Dabke from Northern KSA:

@azzo

Dabke dancers:

Cadets in KSA doing a dabke.:rofl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hqbdINWESs

@TheCamelGuy and @Malik Alashter feel free to post some Iraqi Arab songs, poems etc. in this thread. I already posted a few but more contributions are obviously welcome.

@HannibalBarca feel free to post Tunisian songs, poems etc. as well since this thread was moved from the Arab section to this section.

Loved the voices of the night remix, most of my music is melodious and I like middle Eastern sound, it's a shame I can't understand Arabic.

Loved the voices of the night remix, most of my music is melodious and I like middle Eastern sound, it's a shame I can't understand Arabic.

You can always learn Arabic. It's one of the most spoken, influential and useful languages in the world. One of the few official languages at the UN for instance. Even without the religious aspect (liturgic language of Islam - the world's second most practiced religion) it would be more than useful.

The UK government agrees with this.

https://www.britishcouncil.org/sites/default/files/arabic_report_2015.pdf

https://www.britishcouncil.org/sites/default/files/languages-for-the-future-report.pdf

The UK has a long history of Arabists. In the Middle Ages (pre-renaissance) Arabic was an obligatory language to learn at the top universities in Europe (Oxford, Cambridge, Sorbonne etc.).

You can always learn Arabic. It's one of the most spoken, influential and useful languages in the world. One of the few official languages at the UN for instance. Even without the religious aspect (liturgic language of Islam - the world's second most practiced religion) it would be more than useful.

The UK government agrees with this.

https://www.britishcouncil.org/sites/default/files/arabic_report_2015.pdf

https://www.britishcouncil.org/sites/default/files/languages-for-the-future-report.pdf

The UK has a long history of Arabists. In the Middle Ages (pre-renaissance) Arabic was an obligatory language to learn at the top universities in Europe (Oxford, Cambridge, Sorbonne etc.).

I can read Arabic (one of them people), half Pakistani. I suppose that's a head start. Would help as I frequently holiday that side...Algeria,Jordan,Morocco so far.

Next page (otherwise it will be missed);

Big fan of Fahad Matar.

:enjoy:

All songs from KSA.

Total views 60 million +.

The beauty of the Arabic language will never fail to amaze me.

I can read Arabic (one of them people), half Pakistani. I suppose that's a head start. Would help as I frequently holiday that side...Algeria,Jordan,Morocco so far.

That's a good beginning. However the best way to learn a foreign language is to be exposed to it. So either being around Arabs who speak Arabic in the UK (London is the best option for that in the UK), watching Arabic movies, series, news, documentaries, listening to Arabic radio and music or maybe the best way; traveling to an Arab country for an extended period of time and trying to learn the language by only communicating in Arabic. That way you will force yourself to practice Arabic on a daily basis in many various situations. So just go for it if you want to if not then do not.

From there one you can begin to read Arabic newspapers, books, poetry etc.

As far as I am aware of (only heard about it), there are several Arabic "language programs" on the internet. Not sure how effective they are but I have no doubt that many people have found them to be useful.

Anyway Arabic is one of the more difficult languages in the world to learn for foreigners but it is not as hard as claimed. It needs hard work like everything else IMO. We are only limited by ourselves here in life and how much energy we want to put into things. Nowadays almost everyone can learn any language in the world if they want to.

But IMO a combination is the best option from my own experience of learning foreign languages.

When I studied in the US, I and many of my friends used to teach local Americans who wanted to learn Arabic or become familiar with it either for free (I did it for free when I had time, energy and wanted to do it) or for a symbolic amount of money. I believe that this also happens in the UK with students from KSA and other Arab countries. Since most of them speak Arabic and English, they would be able to help you a lot as well. It would give you access to the female lot as well if you take the right steps.:lol: You can help the new arrivals with practical things and showing them around etc. That way you can also meet new people. It's a good thing to be open and meet people with a smile. In most cases it will be returned. Take it from someone who has lived in a few countries and studied abroad in more than 1 foreign country.

Lastly many of those students are exchange students, thus they sometimes live with local families at their home. Those with limited English abilities tend to be such people. It's done to make them learn English quicker and it usually works.

Anyway enough of writing.

Last edited:
Why are you asking?

It is possible for every Arab to understand the vast, vast majority of all Arabic dialects if he/she knows MSA. Moroccan (which has many dialects like most Arabic countries although all of them are mutually intelligible) and to a smaller degree Algerian Arabic (same story) and Tunisian Arabic (same story) are the only mainstream Arabic dialects that Arabs not from Morocco, Algeria or Tunisia can struggle with to a certain degree. However for instance this is not the case with the Hassaniya Arabic which no Arab east of Tunisia has any trouble understanding.

No offense but your questions are off-topic. Check the topic of this thread out. Arabs have no trouble communicating with each other as almost everyone nowadays is able to use MSA. Arabic dialects can be found in every Arab country and in every ancient historical region in each Arab country. Given the fact that Arabic is the 4th most spoken language in the world and the Arab world is the size of Russia it is a given that dialects will occur as in any other language with such a big number of native speakers and such a big geographic distribution.

The Arabic spoken in Somalia, when not MSA, is of the Yemeni/Peninsula version thus nobody from Arabia will struggle understanding the Arabic dialects of Somalia. Besides it's only the Arab community of Somalia that speak Arabic as their mother tongue. Most others from what I am aware of speak Somali.

Akhi, What is the name of lady singer sing the song of Ya Beirut at the start of 2nd video link

Akhi, What is the name of lady singer sing the song of Ya Beirut at the start of 2nd video link

Of course.

It is a song by Marcel Khalife and the lady's name is Oumaima al-Khalil. I believe it is a song from the "Beirut" album that is about 10 years old or so.

Here she is performing the same song.

Of course.

It is a song by Marcel Khalife and the lady's name is Oumaima al-Khalil. I believe it is a song from the "Beirut" album that is about 10 years old or so.

Here she is performing the same song.

Very Thanks for your kindness help..unfotunately song names are the same But the melodies are different.. However tried in english i couldnt find that that song in youtube...

Very Thanks for your kindness help..unfotunately song names are the same But the melodies are different.. However tried in english i couldnt find that that song in youtube...

Yes, just noticed that the melody is a bit different but the lyrics/song are the same, bro. It would probably be best to ask some Lebanese fan of those 2 singers and they might find this version of the song. I think that there is a Reddit page about Arabic music, if I am not wrong. You might ask there. Or maybe an Syrian in Turkey (if you know one) can help finding this exact melody.

I could probably find it myself but I believe that it would take a while so I can do it only if you insist.:-)

Yes, just noticed that the melody is a bit different but the lyrics/song are the same, bro. It would probably be best to ask some Lebanese fan of those 2 singers and they might find this version of the song. I think that there is a Reddit page about Arabic music, if I am not wrong. You might ask there. Or maybe an Syrian in Turkey (if you know one) can help finding this exact melody.

I could probably find it myself but I believe that it would take a while so I can do it only if you insist.:-)

Infact i will be very glad if you can give me the link of that song.
From west to east world i have a large music collections. Now im trying to incraese songs in my arabic list. That is why i so insist on it :woot::woot:

Thanks again for your intetests.

Last edited:
Infact i will be very glad if you can give me the link of that song.
From west to east world i have a large music collections. Now im trying to incraese songs in my arabic list. That is why i so insist on it :woot::woot:

Thanks again for your intetests.

Understandable my friend.

Arabic music is quite a huge field. So many countries, historical regions, genres, artists etc. Did you know that numerous musical instruments originated in the Arab world and that some of the oldest recorded songs and melodies are from the Arab world if not the oldest?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_music

I will try to do what I can but I will be quite busy until the weekend so I might not answer you immediately but I suggest trying to follow some of my advises in my previous post.

Back
Top Bottom