What's new

FC-20 needs a partner!

Do u know price of Gripen & then the 'American parts' involved in Gripen(Gripen NG will have less non Swedish parts)
better to have american engine than a whole US made F-16
this plane was expensive & prone to sanctions, personally i think that JF-17 with good avionics can reach the level of Gripen in no time, no need to Jump for Gripen
now that sparks my curiosity :coffee:

ahaaan listen to me, My litle suggestion(may sound stupid), Drop FC-20, go for One Squadron of Rafale IF French are ready for Avionics & weapon package for JF-17with it, This can a Good deal & one more thing, why is PAF not thinking about Mirage 2000-9 of UAE, they are retiring them & replacing them with Rafales, this can be a Good solution
look bibi what do some people think FC-20 is? have you heard the news that even J-10s (not J-10Bs) were able to lock onto Jap F-2s (based on agile falcon-an upgrade to viper design)? now stop thinking that they are not potent why Jap and Ind are afraid of China? because they know that China has started to build good fighters even Taiwan is looking for JSF or atleast BL-60 Vips from US they are a real thing to be reckoned my bet

U are also Forgetting the venture b/w Italy & Sweden for AESA for Gripen NG, we can get it, It will be able to Fire AIM-120, but this AESA will be primarily for Firing METEOR(here again price of METEOR is too much)...
I think you are taking about VIXEN 1000E AESA,it is already on offer for PAF

look bibi what do some people think FC-20 is? have you heard the news that even J-10s (not J-10Bs) were able to lock onto Jap F-2s (based on agile falcon-an upgrade to viper design)? now stop thinking that they are not potent why Jap and Ind are afraid of China? because they know that China has started to build good fighters even Taiwan is looking for JSF or atleast BL-60 Vips from US they are a real thing to be reckoned my bet

I am afraid you are wrong. i am not even aware of this J-10 locking on much much superior Japanese F-2 and even if true then i can guess that the F-2 might have intruded chinese air space and had to be send back... such incidents technically prove nothing other then making headline in news.... remember our much inferior F-16 block15 were able to lock on MKI and send them back.. what does it mean?
The Isrealis want F-35.... is it because they are afraid of Irani mighty modified F-5 or or.... ?? The only way for Taiwan to survive mammoth PLAAF fleet is to take cover behind stealth technology!

Gripen is a tried and tested fighter!! and if it comes with ToT then i guess we already leap frog the initial stages of the learning curve!! and gripen is superior to the F-16 has a way more advanced radar & avionics suite?

comparing the gripen to a upcoming light multirole fighter is acting how boys on BR do.....

never underestimate others my friend!!! Gripen is a SWEEET fighter...and don't forget Gripen can be serviced by a 2 men crew...i.e. it can be refulled and ready to fly again by a two man team...it can land on highways it is a very compact WAR MACHINE!!

PAF has not yet any planning to induct any partner with FC 20 .
nation economic condition is worst ,
dont expect any other induction except jf17 ,j10b ,F16s till 2015.
EVEN IAF go for any MRCA PAF will not go and i think cant go for any other choice .

PLEASE BE REALISTIC .
personally i also want RAFALE ,EF or GRIPPEN in PAKISTANI SKIES BUT its not gonna happen atleast next 5 to 7 years.

PAF has not yet any planning to induct any partner with FC 20 .
nation economic condition is worst ,
dont expect any other induction except jf17 ,j10b ,F16s till 2015.
EVEN IAF go for any MRCA PAF will not go and i think cant go for any other choice .

PLEASE BE REALISTIC .
personally i also want RAFALE ,EF or GRIPPEN in PAKISTANI SKIES BUT its not gonna happen at least next 5 to 7 years.

Personally, I think, this is the best time for Buying out a big Rafale Deal!! Here is why:

The economic condition of the whole world is delicate, that is why many nations have either minimized or canceled their active defense deals, the demand is at all time low, and many of these producers are looking for a buyer.

In fact, big companies like Dassault and etc. are themselves out looking for buyers and are making their offers even more sweet.

In a time like this, PAF must make clear to the Govt. the fact of being neglected for the last almost 2 decades.

It is a real hard truth, the severity of this is evident to all.

The time is right, the need is dire, Only the commitment is lacking!!! :disagree: :tdown:

Last edited:
Personally, I think, this is the best time for Buying out a big Rafale Deal!! Here is why:

The economic condition of the whole world is delicate, that is why many nations have either minimized or canceled their active defense deals, the demand is at all time low, and many of these producers are looking for a buyer.

In fact, big companies like Dassault and etc. are themselves out looking for buyers and are making their offers even more sweet.

In a time like this, PAF must make clear to the Govt. the fact of being neglected for the last almost 2 decades.

It is a real hard truth, the severity of this is evident to all.

The time is right, the need is dire, Only the commitment is lacking!!! :disagree: :tdown:

you are right i agree with you
i heard that paf is delaing the project of jf17s and they are wating for j10b or maybe j11
and they are in search of advance engine for jf17 can u tell me about that

you are right i agree with you
i heard that paf is delaing the project of jf17s and they are wating for j10b or maybe j11
and they are in search of advance engine for jf17 can u tell me about that

No such plan as delaying the JF-17 project for J-10B and J-11.. because Russia has already warned that J-11 will not be exported so no for PAF...

If PAF can get its hands even on 25 Rafale..that would be great.a:smokin: PAF just needs to somehow manage funds for it.

No such plan as delaying the JF-17 project for J-10B and J-11.. because Russia has already warned that J-11 will not be exported so no for PAF...

ok at this time PAF have no fund and you sad j11 is not for export and there is doubt about j10 or j10b and jf17 is not capible to much then what is the futuer of PAF

i think not safe

can you explane your view's please
wating for reply THANK'S:what:

I dont know Y I feel that ur always against FC-20.

FC-20 or JF-17 is an innovative fighter.........and the technology will not end up wt u have seen in recent advancments in JF-17.

Current JF-17 is far batter then Indian Mig 21 Biason, Mirage, Mig 29, Mig 27 and Jaguar. The only aircraft in IAF which is superior then FC-20 is MKI

JF-17 have some capabilities to compete MKI but ofcourse it is lill lower because of engine and radar (MKI using PESA radar).

First 50 JF-17 will be given to Peshawar Air base where they will replace A5/Q5 or called Fantan 5....ground attack bomber.

Next 50 with advance western avoinics will be given to Mianwali air base which is known as training air base.

From 100th to 150th JF-17 would have batter western engine, Radar (AESA bater then PESA)...that type will be called JF-17 Block 2 and the production will be started in late 2010.

At the moment IAF havent decided for 120 Jets for MRCA, when they evaluate and finalize , believe me PAF will act quickly to counter that deal.

Dont underestimate estimate JF-17.

Future plans of IAF

HAL Tejas ......... production will start in 2010...at that time JF-17 will be more mature (Block 2)

MRCA......126 or may be extended to 189 (F-16 Falcon IN, JAS-39 Gripen NG, MiG-35, Dassault Rafale, F-18 E/F Super Hornet & the Eurofighter Typhoon) ...that would be a serious thought and I am sure PAF will procure western jets when IAF finalise, so far ........I dont see any confurm deal.

FGFA...It will come up in 2020.....enough time.

MCA....It will come up in 2020.....enough time.

Dont forget PAF already bought 36 J-10B on evaluation and might be more if they feel its worth.

I think at the moment PAF shld consider any western jet, J-10B and JF-17 to counter SU-30....forget abt MRCA,HAL- Tejas, FGFA and MCA deals ...they will not come up in IAF b4 2015.

Ohh common not again lol so your saying that the jf-17 is better than the mirage or the mig 29 lol i hope your joking alteast back that up with some facts and dont behave like a fanboy for the jf-17. Even the Indian mig-21 is bvr equipped and a proven fighter. Dont give me that line that dont underestimate the jf-17:hitwall:, no one here is underestimating it but dont overestimate is also dude. I really doubt that the Chinese can make something even comparable to the MKI, if they were able to do that they would not be so bent on getting the MKK. The Chinese are known to copy every jet like the mig21 which became the j-so im sure if they were able to copy they would have. The FC20 will be a great aircraft no doubt and a true jump for the PAF but hold the guns before you start comparing it again the MKI, use real details not dream sequences. And one more thing before you start saying that the PAF is waiting for the mrca decision to start looking for its own counter aircraft, keep in mind that the mrca deal is worth well over $11 billion dollars and that more the full budget of the Pakistani military, so its not that they are waiting but its not financial viable for Pakistan to compete with Indian acquisitions as India has different goals and an atleast 10 times bigger economy. :cheers:

Ohh common not again lol so your saying that the jf-17 is better than the mirage or the mig 29 lol i hope your joking alteast back that up with some facts and dont behave like a fanboy for the jf-17. Even the Indian mig-21 is bvr equipped and a proven fighter. Dont give me that line that dont underestimate the jf-17:hitwall:, no one here is underestimating it but dont overestimate is also dude. I really doubt that the Chinese can make something even comparable to the MKI, if they were able to do that they would not be so bent on getting the MKK. The Chinese are known to copy every jet like the mig21 which became the j-so im sure if they were able to copy they would have. The FC20 will be a great aircraft no doubt and a true jump for the PAF but hold the guns before you start comparing it again the MKI, use real details not dream sequences. And one more thing before you start saying that the PAF is waiting for the mrca decision to start looking for its own counter aircraft, keep in mind that the mrca deal is worth well over $11 billion dollars and that more the full budget of the Pakistani military, so its not that they are waiting but its not financial viable for Pakistan to compete with Indian acquisitions as India has different goals and an atleast 10 times bigger economy. :cheers:

you are slapping yourself with double standard

Rafael and su-35 are all good choice,india's limit money can't make everyone happy

economy yes iagree with you this is the only thing wich india take edge on pakistan and fullfil the requirment of the iaf

Back
Top Bottom