What's new

FC-20 needs a partner!

Growler man stop worrying about 5th generation plan.Don't expect it before 2019.Mark my word....The indians just like to boost..where the hell is LCA lol which was supposed to be in service in 2002!! and by that time we will have europeon options on the market and within couple years we might as well get chinese options.

Growler man stop worrying about 5th generation plan.Don't expect it before 2019.Mark my word....The indians just like to boost..where the hell is LCA lol which was supposed to be in service in 2002!! and by that time we will have europeon options on the market and within couple years we might as well get chinese options.

This time India isnt alone, Russia is with them and we all know how much mature the Russian aviation industry is. But in the end i'll agree to this fact that it will be not until 2020-25 before the production actually begins.

Welll sure why not get another platform !! wat we all want & we all want to see isn't how it works unfortunately! the PAF has in mind wat they want wat they can get and wat they will have furthermore, i my self would like to see another platform but i think with jf-17's,fc-20's & f-16's & rose upgraded mirages and f7-pg's we should be ok unless a mircale happens and we are blessed with funds and a party willing to sell as a aircraft! tell me who is willing to sell us? and would the US let that happen lets be logical here and not in dream land ..

my concern is not with 5th generation yet.... i am just worried if PAF only ends up with 100 FC-20.

I think PAF should stick with current aircrafts procurement plans for operations and developments purpose, whereas, it should procure atleast 2-3 squaderns of the best in business from the west for learning and first line of defene of the PAF.

For this purpose, options could be, Rafale, Eurofighter or Gripen, and if u r able and ready to pay in cash the full amount u'll get the stuff.

and if PAF is not going to opt for any western fighter soon (which is the most probable thing to happen) then they should seriously invest in SAMs , but state of the art long range SAMs like S-300PMUs or S-400 and must go in a joint venture with China to develope its own SAM system.

To be honest JF-17 doesn't seem to be a dream fighter to me, it could be a reasonable alternative of F-7s because it has BVR cpability, but i doubt its performance in real time war...

Last edited:
Welll sure why not get another platform !! wat we all want & we all want to see isn't how it works unfortunately! the PAF has in mind wat they want wat they can get and wat they will have furthermore, i my self would like to see another platform but i think with jf-17's,fc-20's & f-16's & rose upgraded mirages and f7-pg's we should be ok unless a mircale happens and we are blessed with funds and a party willing to sell as a aircraft! tell me who is willing to sell us? and would the US let that happen lets be logical here and not in dream land ..

Do you seriously think when FC-20 arrives (2015) F-7PG and MIII will be able to hold on IAF? lets not count on them...

Do you seriously think when FC-20 arrives (2015) F-7PG and MIII will be able to hold on IAF? lets not count on them...

The question is, can we do so even now, at this moment?

No, we cannot :disagree:

we are facing a continuously growing threat, the coming days will only multiply it

The question is, can we do so even now, at this moment?

No, we cannot :disagree:

we are facing a continuously growing threat, the coming days will only multiply it

yep very ugly picture we got here... Its impossible for pakistan to catch IAF quantitatively but with the induction of Rafale PAF can at least gain a technical edge over IAF.. but like i said before.. if we look towards china for every other PAF solution then i am sorry to say but PAF will be doomed!

if we look towards china for every other PAF solution then i am sorry to say but PAF will be doomed!

somehow, the concerned people, PAF topbrass, seem quite contented with the "economical alternative" than the "real heavy punch alternative". :woot:

J-10 is good but we should as you said, partner it with more diverse and battle tested muscle.

Last edited:
Wat i would like to know is do u think we have enough funds or will have funds in the near future inshallah we do but until then where is it at $? now where moving along even if we did have it who do you people think will sell to us? other then the chinesse come on people lets be real about it we are dreaming once again .... the threat of IAF & india will always remain why do we always try to compare our self with them they much bigger with alot more funds and 3 times the size of us in all asspects ...

I think PAF should stick with current aircrafts procurement plans for operations and developments purpose, whereas, it should procure atleast 2-3 squaderns of the best in business from the west for learning and first line of defene of the PAF.

For this purpose, options could be, Rafale, Eurofighter or Gripen, and if u r able and ready to pay in cash the full amount u'll get the stuff.

and if PAF is not going to opt for any western fighter soon (which is the most probable thing to happen) then they should seriously invest in SAMs , but state of the art long range SAMs like S-300PMUs or S-400 and must go in a joint venture with China to develope its own SAM system.

To be honest JF-17 doesn't seem to be a dream fighter to me, it could be a reasonable alternative of F-7s because it has BVR cpability, but i doubt its performance in real time war...

since you are expert of omens, you should know what has to be done:lol::lol:

since you are expert of omens, you should know what has to be done:lol::lol:

Nice to know how much my thread got hold of your nerves:yahoo:

comeon man, its a new thread, by the way i think pakistan is waiting for new tech from china and PAF doesn't want to waste money on more 4th Generation planes, rather its holding its funds for forthcoming Chinese 5th Generation fighter.

and don't think its gonna take 2 decades to go in production, its prototype is already up in skies, so expect it really soon...:pakistan::sniper:

Wat i would like to know is do u think we have enough funds or will have funds in the near future inshallah we do but until then where is it at $? now where moving along even if we did have it who do you people think will sell to us? other then the chinesse come on people lets be real about it we are dreaming once again .... the threat of IAF & india will always remain why do we always try to compare our self with them they much bigger with alot more funds and 3 times the size of us in all asspects ...

Hey...

The funds we have alocated for FC-20 fallow on orders divert that for Rafale and i am sure since we are talking about billion dollars Pakistan can negotiate for long term payment. as for "who is going to sell us this and that" is concerned.. well buddy... Type-214 is not a toy from pound shop... we are only being pessimistic and assuming that only china will sell us "the best stuff" which is not the case and in fact little do we know that their is a lot opportunity in European market... France is in a desperate situation of selling Rafale, Germany has offered one of the best submarine so whats the issue here of air crafts not being available to us??

That is absurd.
and thinking of JF-17 upgrading to Gripen standard is laughable as claims being made about LCA being as good as Gripen EF or rafale..
helloooooooooooo! now this will make a lot of indian fans furious "how dare you to compare LCA with flees like GrP EF and RF!" compare it with F-22 darn!:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom