What's new

Does India need Secularism?

What value system do you speak of? Mind sharing few examples?

1. Meritocracy - where the position of a man in society was a result of his contribution to society and not by a measure of money he made. That is why Brahmins (..not the later corrupted form) where accorded the highest position in society revered even by kings.

2. Ethics & Morality - That ensured everybody had their say and all religions found a safe haven. Religion given enough space and importance to help it develop and evolve into deeper philosophies that explored newer spaces of self and cosmos.

3. Environmental protection - That ensured even animals and forests were revered ensuring a balance in nature.

etc...

........now do you want to discuss the caste system ? :azn:.....that is usually the first thing people who want to denigrate the Hindu value system (know was 'secular Indias') want to talk about.

LOL, evangelists are not catholics, infact evangelists are out converting catholics to their church. Catholics dont engage in conversion or preach on those lines to anyone.

I do agree with this part ......90% of evangelists are indeed protestants funded primarily by Americans.

Religious freedom, enshrined in the governing documents of a society, is essential to the sustained progress of any nation. Many, many nations have tried to be successful as quasi-religious states. None have stood the test of time. Why? Because religion is not rational. States that allow rational thought to guide their affairs win. End of story.

Religious freedom, enshrined in the governing documents of a society, is essential to the sustained progress of any nation. Many, many nations have tried to be successful as quasi-religious states. None have stood the test of time. Why? Because religion is not rational. States that allow rational thought to guide their affairs win. End of story.

Kindly do not confuse Abrahamic religions with Dharmic Religions.

Abrahamic religions are NOT rational and is history centrist and forces its believers to accept a certain event in history as an undeniable truth.

Dharmic religions helps its believers to explore and discover their truth.

Kindly do not confuse Abrahamic religions with Dharmic Religions.

Abrahamic religions are NOT rational and is history centrist and forces its believers to accept a certain event in history as an undeniable truth.

Dharmic religions helps its believers to explore and discover their truth.

Yeah because dharmic religions allows their followers to make a God of sunday and another one for monday and yet another one for tuesday . They allow you to make statues at your home and label them as krishana , ramu ,lakshmi and what not so that you can happily waste rest of your life bowing infront of your own creation while believing it created the universe .

what a waste of human intellect .

1. Meritocracy - where the position of a man in society was a result of his contribution to society and not by a measure of money he made. That is why Brahmins (..not the later corrupted form) where accorded the highest position in society revered even by kings.

Position of a man was determined by primarily his birth!
Thanks for mentioning Kings, do you really wish to be ruled by Kings now instead of a Democracy?

2. Ethics & Morality - That ensured everybody had their say and all religions found a safe haven. Religion given enough space and importance to help it develop and evolve into deeper philosophies that explored newer spaces of self and cosmos.

The ethics and morals that allowed for a woman to be treated as a property and be shared b/w 5 brothers?

3. Environmental protection - That ensured even animals and forests were revered ensuring a balance in nature.

etc...

Why would environmental protection even be of a concern in the primitive pre-industrialization agrarian society to necessitate such a mandated "reverence" of inanimate objects?

........now do you want to discuss the caste system ? :azn:.....that is usually the first thing people who want to denigrate the Hindu value system (know was 'secular Indias') want to talk about.

Why be so defensive?

While I'm in agreement with what you said, what I find amusing is your proposition that your belief in a single imaginary friend somehow entitles you to a sense of superiority over those with multiple such friends.At the very least, they don't lack in imagination. :lol:

Do they even know what secularism is? Lets not burden them with something that will take decades for them to understand, in the mean time let them be extremist hindoos

Position of a man was determined by primarily his birth!

Position of man/women was determined by the choices he made. If he choose to be a farmer or Business man he would be a Vaishya. If he choose education over money, he would be a Brahmin.....etc.

Thanks for mentioning Kings, do you really wish to be ruled by Kings now instead of a Democracy?

No. I want to be ruled by the Pope instead of a Democracy .......:P ....a hypocrite needs to be answered in his own language. do you agree ?

The ethics and morals that allowed for a woman to be treated as a property and be shared b/w 5 brothers?

LOL......so are you now claiming Christian Morality is superior to Hindu morality ? ...........Polygamy bad because jesus said so ? or like your mormons can only men have mutliple wives ?

If anything, it shows Hindu society gave equal rights to women who could choose to have multiple husbands.

Why would environmental protection even be of a concern in the primitive pre-industrialization agrarian society to necessitate such a mandated "reverence" of inanimate objects?

LOL.......ask that to EVERY other civilization that did not exploit the nature but revered it. e.g Aztecs, Native Americans, Africans, etc ....

Or are we supposed to protect nature ONLY when we are Industralized ? :lol: .........maybe not even then.

Why be so defensive?

Because I recognize a christian missionary supremacist bigot when i see one. :lol:

When You asked you First question, I knew you were setting me up to denigrate Hinduism. :wave: ......good by loser.

Dont forget to seek forgiveness for your sins .......or did jesus died for that too ? :azn:

While I'm in agreement with what you said, what I find amusing is your proposition that your belief in a single imaginary friend somehow entitles you to a sense of superiority over those with multiple such friends.At the very least, they don't lack in imagination. :lol:

Mate in this world where we have so many countries and kings we keep on witnessing such horrific wars due to difference of opinion but did you ever see any war in space which should have occured had there been more than one creator as not two entities can always have same view over everything and you can imagine when its about running such a huge universe development of millions of such issues would have been a daily occurence lack of which proves its only one creator for this whole universe .

But again as its said you cant show a blind man a beautiful sun rise nomatter how hard you try so I know you would never be able to see the truth unless you are willing to question your birth beliefs with logic and rationally.

Position of man/women was determined by the choices he made. If he choose to be a farmer or Business man he would be a Vaishya. If he choose education over money, he would be a Brahmin.....etc.

No. I want to be ruled by the Pope instead of a Democracy .......:P ....a hypocrite needs to be answered in his own language. do you agree ?

LOL......so are you now claiming Christian Morality is superior to Hindu morality ? ...........Polygamy bad because jesus said so ? or like your mormons can only men have mutliple wives ?

If anything, it shows Hindu society gave equal rights to women who could choose to have multiple husbands.

LOL.......ask that to EVERY other civilization that did not exploit the nature but revered it. e.g Aztecs, Native Americans, Africans, etc ....

Or are we supposed to protect nature ONLY when we are Industralized ? :lol: .........maybe not even then.

Because I recognize a christian missionary supremacist bigot when i see one. :lol:

When You asked you First question, I knew you were setting me up to denigrate Hinduism.
:wave: ......good by loser.

Dont forget to seek forgiveness for your sins .......or did jesus died for that too ? :azn:

:cuckoo:

FYI I am an atheist, so you making 2 bit jokes about Pope isn't going to bother me one bit....... :pop:

Yeah because dharmic religions allows their followers to make a God of sunday and another one for monday and yet another one for tuesday . They allow you to make statues at your home and label them as krishana , ramu ,lakshmi and what not so that you can happily waste rest of your life bowing infront of your own creation while believing it created the universe .

Do you really want me to start pointing out the fallacies in Islam?

I have a feeling Mods are not going to like that one bit....... you might wanna stick to the topic at discussion!:coffee:

Mate in this world where we have so many countries and kings we keep on witnessing such horrific wars due to difference of opinion but did you ever see any war in space which should have occured had there been more than one creator as not two entities can always have same view over everything and you can imagine when its about running such a huge universe development of millions of such issues would have been a daily occurence lack of which proves its only one creator for this whole universe .

:lol: That's both new & funny.

But again as its said you cant show a blind man a beautiful sun rise nomatter how hard you try so I know you would never be able to see the truth unless you are willing to question your birth beliefs with logic and rationally.

I hold no birth beliefs, not on religion anyways. My cultural outlook maybe influenced by the accident of birth in a particular environment but my beliefs (?) are all evolved ones.

:lol: That's both new & funny.

I hold no birth beliefs, not on religion anyways. My cultural outlook maybe influenced by the accident of birth in a particular environment but my beliefs (?) are all evolved ones.

It indeed is new because you must have never thought that way and yeah its funny because something inside you dont want you to believe what logic insists thus its easy to label it as funny as it would be easy that way to avoid it .

The only religion that has been spreading for past many decades is not Hinduism , Judaism , christianity or bhudism its Islam and why is that ?

Just research why Islam has spread even more rapidly after 9/11 in both US and euorpe and you will get all your answers .
As those people who embraced Islam were no illiterate citizens under any kind of pressure they just read Quran and teachings of Islam logically and rationally and thats something which if any human does it will guide him to the Creator as even you are his creation and there is a voice inside you that you keep suppressing but it can guide you the right way if you let it .

Maybe as an Atheist you can pick Christianity to denigrate ? we can have a good discussion on that, what say ? .....I am game. :devil: .... are you ?

When someone is pushing Christianity's values, or Islam's values & denigrating others, I certainly would be game. Makes no sense to do it with you.

It indeed is new because you must have never thought that way and yeah its funny because something inside you dont want you to believe what logic insists thus its easy to label it as funny as it would be easy that way to avoid it .

The only religion that has been spreading for past many decades is not Hinduism , Judaism , christianity or bhudism its Islam and why is that ?

Just research why Islam has spread even more rapidly after 9/11 in both US and euorpe and you will get all your answers .
As those people who embraced Islam were no illiterate citizens under any kind of pressure they just read Quran and teachings of Islam logically and rationally and thats something which if any human does it will guide him to the Creator as even you are his creation and there is a voice inside you that you keep suppressing but it can guide you the right way if you let it .

Ease off pal, you are wasting your time with me. I don't have an inner voice telling me that, nor am I eager or interested in divine guidance. I'm just not in the market for buying what it is that you are selling, a yawn is the best you might get.

Back
Top Bottom