What's new

Does India need Secularism?

But my question is why would you want to send your fellow citizens to a hostile state? As stated by one of the PDF member over here, the real problem is not religious animosity but land and power/wealth so I don't think your solution would work.
Pakistanis were our fellow citizens few decades back . If the partition was purely based on religion we would now had sorted religious differences . If Pakistan gets Kashmir and all their religion mates , it would fall .

Pakistanis were our fellow citizens few decades back . If the partition was purely based on religion we would now had sorted religious differences . If Pakistan gets Kashmir and all their religion mates , it would fall .

My point is quite simple. Why should Pakistanis or Indian Hindus decide what Indian muslims should do or decide? Did you notice the past tense in your above statement? I don't really think that religious differences would have been sorted out if it had been purely based on religion. Yes the animosity would have been much less had there been no riots during partition.

tvsram,even old hyderabadis are not your fellow citizens,forget pakistanis.

And how did you come to that conclusion???

Secularism is humanity - the worlds made of multi racial, multi ethnic, multi religious, multi cultural people - a great country is one that recognizes and celebrates this diversity.

Humanity is a romanticist ideological concept spouted out by the likes of Medieval Christian theologians like Hegel.

Science and Humanity- Hegel, Marx and Dialectic

What you are saying is nothing but BS Idealism.

if we give up secularism we will suffer the same fate as that of Pakistan....

Will all Indians convert to Islam if we leave secularism?

Besides the chakra we need to ban all other religious symbols from public places.

Indian society is more secular ironically than the Indian polity and leadership who are tasked with protecting it. Which does all in its power to sow dissent and drive in the wedge for its own gains.

Back
Top Bottom