What's new

Does India need Secularism?

When someone is pushing Christianity's values, or Islam's values & denigrating others, I certainly would be game. Makes no sense to do it with you.

I have no problem with christian values systems either......... or with any value systems or even with people without any value systems.

I have a problem with hypocrites pushing their agenda while thinking it fair game to target Hindus. Its been going on for the last 800 years ....time to put a stop to it. Unfortunately this baiting also comes from a lot of Hindus who are not seeking to reform Hinduism or revive it, but to destroy it under the strange misconception that they are doing it and society a favor.

No ethnic Indians dare do it with either Christianity or Islam or even Buddhism. Hinduism is fair game for everyone ...from secular Atheists to religious fanatics.

Maybe as an Atheist you can pick Christianity to denigrate ? we can have a good discussion on that, what say ? .....I am game. :devil: .... are you ?

Start a thread :) We can discuss Vatican's sheltering of pedophile priests!

I have no problem with christian values systems either......... or with any value systems or even with people without any value systems.

I have a problem with hypocrites pushing their agenda while thinking it fair game to target Hindus. Its been going on for the last 800 years ....time to put a stop to it. Unfortunately this baiting also comes from a lot of Hindus who are not seeking to reform Hinduism or revive it, but to destroy it under the strange misconception that they are doing it and society a favor.

No ethnic Indians dare do it with either Christianity or Islam or even Buddhism. Hinduism is fair game for everyone ...from secular Atheists to religious fanatics.

Not everyone can be accused of hypocrisy I have little interest in wanting either to convert people out of their religious beliefs or to try & revive it. I simply don't want the state to be involved. I have consistently held that position & you would be hard pressed to find a post of mine which shows a departure from that line. If you want to help revive Hinduism and if that Hinduism is an evolved version, not one that has some of the prejudices of the past, good for you. However allowing a version of history to pass unquestioned is simply silly. Hinduism has become better through its evolution, unlike others, it can evolve, always has. Attempting to add a rigidity to take on other rigid beliefs is, imo, silly & dangerous. Bringing into the realm of the state is even more so.

Start a thread :) We can discuss Vatican's sheltering of pedophile priests!

...but I suspect you of being either a Syrian christian or Protestant....so why would I want to discuss Vatican with you ? I would much rather go right in and focus on Jesus ....you game ? :azn:

Not everyone can be accused of hypocrisy I have little interest in wanting either to convert people out of their religious beliefs or to try & revive it. I simply don't want the state to be involved. I have consistently held that position & you would be hard pressed to find a post of mine which shows a departure from that line. If you want to help revive Hinduism and if that Hinduism is an evolved version, not one that has some of the prejudices of the past, good for you. However allowing a version of history to pass unquestioned is simply silly. Hinduism has become better through its evolution, unlike others, it can evolve, always has. Attempting to add a rigidity to take on other rigid beliefs is, imo, silly & dangerous. Bringing into the realm of the state is even more so.

With revival of India, Hindu revival is natural. Its not something I wish to do ...its something that will happen and I just accept that reality.

Its impossible to add any rigidity to any religion in todays day and age. Information access is easy, cheap and fast. Its silly to think that anyone would either want or can add rigidity to Hinduism.

As to bringing religion into state affair ..... it already exist all over the world ...and also in India. Not accepting it is the mistake, it would be ignoring reality.

With revival of India, Hindu revival is natural. Its not something I wish to do ...its something that will happen and I just accept that reality.

I don't think so. Loosely maybe but that would just be a general vague idea.
Its impossible to add any rigidity to any religion in todays day and age. Information access is easy, cheap and fast. Its silly to think that anyone would either want or can add rigidity to Hinduism.

Islam is proof that it can happen. Christianity still attempts to hang on to rigidity at the doctrinal level, it is the people who have moved away, especially in Europe.

As to bringing religion into state affair ..... it already exist all over the world ...and also in India. Not accepting it is the mistake, it would be ignoring reality.

Maybe...possibly valid argument. Still see no reason to add to it.

When someone is pushing Christianity's values, or Islam's values & denigrating others, I certainly would be game. Makes no sense to do it with you.

Ease off pal, you are wasting your time with me. I don't have an inner voice telling me that, nor am I eager or interested in divine guidance. I'm just not in the market for buying what it is that you are selling, a yawn is the best you might get.

As I said no one can show a blind man a sunrise you just proved that . Last thing we all are responsible for our actions and in this world of disguise seeking truth is the best one can do . Death is inevitable and no fiction can be as real as truth .

I don't think so. Loosely maybe but that would just be a general vague idea.

Islam is proof that it can happen. Christianity still attempts to hang on to rigidity at the doctrinal level, it is the people who have moved away, especially in Europe.

Maybe...possibly valid argument. Still see no reason to add to it.

Hiduism withered and died away because it was starved of funds and political protection. When both have reappeared it will be revived.

Islam has become rigid due to lack of political protection and also lack of funds. What you see as people moving away from christianity is actually the reform process. How much time before the church allow for gay marriages and abortion. Not too far away.

There is nothing to add to religion in politics. India is called Bharat because on religious text called it that, our national anthem is in Sanskrit because it is believed to be the language of the gods, our national motto is 'satyameva Jayathe' is from Mundaka Upanishad ....I could go on and on ....but I am sure you get the picture.

Maybe as an Atheist you can pick Christianity to denigrate ? we can have a good discussion on that, what say ? .....I am game. :devil: .... are you ?

That will harm his secular credentials hence giving you way to start it so that he can bash you Hindus again about how communal, intolerant and sick-minded you people are... :D

Hiduism withered and died away because it was starved of funds and political protection. When both have reappeared it will be revived.

Islam has become rigid due to lack of political protection and also lack of funds. What you see as people moving away from christianity is actually the reform process. How much time before the church allow for gay marriages and abortion. Not too far away.

There is nothing to add to religion in politics. India is called Bharat because on religious text called it that, our national anthem is in Sanskrit because it is believed to be the language of the gods, our national motto is 'satyameva Jayathe' is from Mundaka Upanishad ....I could go on and on ....but I am sure you get the picture.

Their kind don't admit it because they think that it was their lords the colonials and leftists that created this nation.

Se arguing logically is fine; but when people defy logic, deny history and call it all a myth and equate the situation of a non-secoolar India to the situation created today by the intolerant organized religions, then it is simply called living in denial.

That will harm his secular credentials hence giving you way to start it so that he can bash you Hindus again about how communal, intolerant and sick-minded you people are... :D

When I invoked 'jesus' the self proclaimed secular Atheist just disappeared :P...............neat trick that.

Err...Bengali, even if highly sanskritised Bengali.

Tatsama which is also corrupted sanskrit ....much like Prakrit (Pali+sanskrit).

Call it sanskrit with bengali words or bangali with lots of sanskrit ...same difference. It was widely accepted because it was sanskrit and not because it was bengali.

Yeah because dharmic religions allows their followers to make a God of sunday and another one for monday and yet another one for tuesday . They allow you to make statues at your home and label them as krishana , ramu ,lakshmi and what not so that you can happily waste rest of your life bowing infront of your own creation while believing it created the universe .

what a waste of human intellect .

you know,i can accept that when it comes to army and maybe even singing but please dont give lectures on intellect,

the people who worshipped such things won so many nobel prizes,including the recent guy and the only guy who won it from pakistan was ahmeddiya and not what you are.

your name fits you,albatross.people like you are an albatross around the neck of us mariners.

Mate in this world where we have so many countries and kings we keep on witnessing such horrific wars due to difference of opinion but did you ever see any war in space which should have occured had there been more than one creator as not two entities can always have same view over everything and you can imagine when its about running such a huge universe development of millions of such issues would have been a daily occurence lack of which proves its only one creator for this whole universe .

But again as its said you cant show a blind man a beautiful sun rise nomatter how hard you try so I know you would never be able to see the truth unless you are willing to question your birth beliefs with logic and rationally.

what one creator?

dude,what about asteroids clashing into planets,what about other galaxies?

what happens there?

what about muslims fighting each other?

is the belief enough to bring peace?

what a random chutiya

Secularism is a concept or rather it is a way of life-it can be adopted by an individual a group of persons or by a country.
It is the concept of India dreamt by Mahatma Gandhi, Jawahar Lal Nehru, Baba Saheb Bhim Rao Ambedkar, Sardar Patel and Maulana Azad. The concept was either developed or was already known to the world in a different form and it was adopted after the massacre occurred during partition of the British India.
Seeing the large amount of diversity still left in the union even after the partition it was the only best way to opt for at that time. The people of the country were not really in the condition of adopting this very concept because they had just gone through a mass hatred between two communities but there wasn't any flaw in the concept of secularism which was adopted. Based on this very assumption our great constitution of India was formed and I think it was one of the best thing done by our congressman along with the decision of making India a nuclear power state. It was believed that the people of the Union Of India will slowly get used to the concept of secularism and will adopt it when the time passes and the same is happening people of the country willingly or not are respecting and following the Indian Constitution.
Surely there is no doubt that our very wannbe seculier politicians exploited the diversity of the country at its utmost level under the Indian Constitution avoiding the chances of being caught by the rule of law but still there is a sense of hope as everyone wants to live under the seculier umbrella and want to follow the same.
Their will always be a hope of one day when people of the country will keeping all the facts second consider themselves and their religion as Indian first and will adopted our constitution as the holy book.

It should be national song

Back
Top Bottom