What's new

Chinese President Hu Jintao warns

We dont have starving people, but we indeed have poor people.
By the way, india is the worst country on this planet when the story comes to starving people rate and poor people rate.
I hope I did not make your heart burn.~~~
how do you know? you believe what your media tells you isnt it? or do you personally know all the 1.4 billion chinese?

I'd prefer americanization over indianization anyday. Pakistani culture is hardly threatened from the west, more from our neighbors with their horrible accent and fuhushi language

By the way, india is the worst country on this planet when the story comes to starving people rate and poor people rate.

Dude, making fun of starving people reveals a flaw in personality.
Remember, we Chinese were starving not too long ago.
making fun of starving people in a public debate is akin to grabbing your opponents balls in boxing and ripping them off - decent people shouldnt do it.

I'd prefer americanization over indianization anyday. Pakistani culture is hardly threatened from the west, more from our neighbors with their horrible accent and fuhushi language
i understand.. first you let go of your religion and became muslim (arabization) , now you want to let go of your culteure and become american. ok.. suit yourself.. no one stops u.

No it doesnt make my heart burn, cause our media covers it accurately and the people try to fix the problem. If there is a problem its important to face it and fix it. Covering up a problem will not solve it.

how do you know? you believe what your media tells you isnt it? or do you personally know all the 1.4 billion chinese?

I dont believe any media, I got this result from complex src. My understaning of starving people is people who are starving to death. China have many people live in bad condition, but not staving.

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

No it doesnt make my heart burn, cause our media covers it accurately and the people try to fix the problem. If there is a problem its important to face it and fix it. Covering up a problem will not solve it.

Your media doese not cover it accureately, who cover it accrueately are foreign medias.

I have never heard of "telivised singing competitions" being western.

What are some early telivised chinese singing comps?

devil lies in detail. its down because HK has become part of china.

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

indian media is free , we know how many starve. chinese media isnt free so we dont konw how many chinese starve

wrong, hong kong became part of China in 1997 yet emigration rates increased in the period 1997-2005.

chinese media is far more free than India. Does your media dare publicize the Pakistani or Chinese side of any issue?

start with your women, they seem to love our trash bollywood
(would you like me to post google trends?)

Sirji , pls don't doubt CCP intention ....They are like god "whatever we do i do coz we love you even if it means killing few chinese under tank ...."
Remember whatever they do ,they do coz they love you:P

I have never heard of "telivised singing competitions" being western.

What are some early telivised chinese singing comps?

Super Girl was the most famous one, but there's alot of others like 综艺满天星(Starsearch) _???

Thanks for the replies. Very good insights.

In fairness to the Chinese members, I would like to say that a big reason why you see a huge wave of White men/Asian women relationships is probably because Asian women are the most desired non-white women in the west. The perception is, they're cultured like white women but lack the attitude, entitlement mentality, are more gentle, kind, submissive, etc...

Naturally, what should occur is you should start seeing Asian men date other races to balance this out. This, though, isn't really happening. Are they just going to lay down and die? This is the lack of assertiveness I see all too often. Back in high school, most of the asian guys were single, most of the asian girls were dating white and black guys. I, myself, wasn't really attracted to asian women so I didn't date them. But for the Asian men, it was: date asian women or date no one.

Being a hardworking, diligent student is great, but all people need balance. And Asian men really lack in the social and cultural arena, from what I've seen.

This seems to be the path of China as well. Will China go the route of Japan and be all work and no play? If the Chinese get more and more "leisure time" as they become wealthier, what will fill that time? Do you have any traditional activities to fall back on? Or will you[as a people] be spending your time(and money) shopping, playing basketball, video games, watching reality shows, Hollywood movies and consuming other western imports?

Asia used all her energy on building infrastructure and wealth but in turn sacrificed development of the social/cultural aspect of society. The best way I could put it is: third world people living in first world infrastructure.

Dang. It is not enough that the Chinese b!tched and moaned about Asian men dating problems on their playground, now they are doing it here...

In fairness to the Chinese members, I would like to say that a big reason why you see a huge wave of White men/Asian women relationships is probably because Asian women are the most desired non-white women in the west. The perception is, they're cultured like white women but lack the attitude, entitlement mentality, are more gentle, kind, submissive, etc...

Naturally, what should occur is you should start seeing Asian men date other races to balance this out. This, though, isn't really happening. Are they just going to lay down and die? This is the lack of assertiveness I see all too often. Back in high school, most of the asian guys were single, most of the asian girls were dating white and black guys. I, myself, wasn't really attracted to asian women so I didn't date them. But for the Asian men, it was: date asian women or date no one.

Being a hardworking, diligent student is great, but all people need balance. And Asian men really lack in the social and cultural arena, from what I've seen.

This seems to be the path of China as well. Will China go the route of Japan and be all work and no play? If the Chinese get more and more "leisure time" as they become wealthier, what will fill that time? Do you have any traditional activities to fall back on? Or will you[as a people] be spending your time(and money) shopping, playing basketball, video games, watching reality shows, Hollywood movies and consuming other western imports?

Asia used all her energy on building infrastructure and wealth but in turn sacrificed development of the social/cultural aspect of society. The best way I could put it is: third world people living in first world infrastructure.

What you saw in high school were not Asians, but Asian Americans.

It would be like me going to Missisippi and generalizing Germans and Irish as uncultured rednecks that love low class entertainment, just because the population happened to be descendents of Germans and Irish. Just like rednecks in the deep south have little to do with Germans and Irish today, Asian Americans have little to do with Asians today. It's great if they choose to identify as "Chinese" "Korean" "Vietnamese" or so on, but their culture is the culture of visible minorities in the US, different from both mainstream US society and from real Asians.

Video games are not a Western invention any more than books are a Chinese invention. They're both mediums of expression, not the message itself. What would be Western is Counterstrike or Warcraft, not video games in general. A video game in Chinese about Chinese themes in China has little to do with anything outside China.

In China, most leisure activities are things like Chinese chess, ma jiang, ping pong, basketball, and computer games. Of those, 3, 2 are native to China, 2 are not native to China but aren't popular in the West (as I've noticed many of my American classmates prefer console games to online computer games, and very few people can play ping pong right) and only 1 is both popular in and originated in the West.

When I say "West", I, and most people, usually mean American. Hollywood after all isn't German, French or British. Neither are jeans, McDonalds or whatever. Many other "westerners" actually hate "western" culture; talk to any French about the influence of Hollywood, McDonalds or English.

The last sentence I have heard in college to say about the arabians.
Asia is so vast a region,or you can say India and middle-east are not within the concept Asia as the same way you define the oriental people in America.
Orientals live in east-asian countries are rich in culture more than in any other aspects such as wealth and infrastructure,of course the culture is diffirent and hard to be understood by the westerners and it is developed relatively slow,can not compare with that paved day by day in the west let alone america.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom