What's new

Chinese President Hu Jintao warns

It's great if they choose to identify as "Chinese" "Korean" "Vietnamese" or so on, but their culture is the culture of visible minorities in the US, different from both mainstream US society and from real Asians.
Asian Americans are similar to Dalits in india. Why wouldn't a Chinese American, for example, simply get away from all that stereotyping and discrimination and instead live in China, another part of East Asia, or even another developed country that's not America? So you can ask the same question to the Dalits, why don't you just convert to Islam or become a Maoist, if hinduism tells you that you are the lowest of the low in their worldview?

Any "Chinese American" sitting in the USA, who isn't doing really well there, but doesn't seriously consider emigrating away from there, is too shameless and loyal to Western culture to really be identified with us, the mainstream Chinese people, the Zhongguo Renmin.

Asian Americans are similar to Dalits in india. Why wouldn't a Chinese American, for example, simply get away from all that stereotyping and discrimination and instead live in China, another part of East Asia, or even another developed country that's not America? So you can ask the same question to the Dalits, why don't you just convert to Islam or become a Maoist, if hinduism tells you that you are the lowest of the low in their worldview?

Any "Chinese American" sitting in the USA, who isn't doing really well there, but doesn't seriously consider emigrating away from there, is too shameless and loyal to Western culture to really be identified with us, the mainstream Chinese people, the Zhongguo Renmin.

I don't blame them at all. I am not making value judgments and I think you shouldn't either. Chinese Americans are on average, pretty successful economically, but at a cost; nothing is free.

Back
Top Bottom