What's new

Chinese navy to actively maintain peace and stability of Indian Ocean

actually the country that hold the choke point in Indian ocean is not the US, it's the Brits.

THe choke point of Indian Ocean is Diego Garcia, which is British territories, US only rent a base in there, if the Brits ask the America to pack, they can't do anything but leave. The real guy behind the IOR is the Brits not the American.

Will the brits do it is another problem.

Diego Garcia is the same status of Pearl Harbor as in the Pacific. Without Diego Garcia, it's not possible to explore the South Indian Ocean or have cross indian ocean traffic.

U r very wrong my friend. The Choke point is malacca straits which is very near to Indian Islands and India maintain a constant monitoring over there.

the idea our underaged members presented here, of china having a formidable naval presence in the indian ocean in the future is as ridiculous as IN dominating SCS.

there is only one power who can dominate both these seas. and we know who it is

In that case, I can see PLAN struggling in its own backyard so that other navies too!!!

Your post make zero sense.

U r very wrong my friend. The Choke point is malacca straits which is very near to Indian Islands and India maintain a constant monitoring over there.

but only the US gets to decide who sail through it.

The malacca straits is the entrant to indian Ocean.......Not the choke point. Well, if you have to say, it will be a choke point to China as Chinese do not have an entrant to Indian Ocean except Strait of malacca, otherwise they will need to go all thew way thru from Australia.

For Country like Australia. we don't sail thru Strait of Malacca unless the destination is India or Thailand, So this is not a choke point fo us, If we were to connect from Perth to say Somalia, we first go to jakata or singapore, then Diego Garcia, then Madagasca, then Somalia

Strait_of_malacca.jpg

Diego Garcia, on the other hand is the mid-way to all land mass inside Indian Ocean, any North to south, East to West Traffic will need to pass throught the Diego Garcia to resupply to continue the journey or they are to follow a coastal route

If British Close off Diego Garcia to all naval traffic (Civilian/Military) no ship can sail past 6S and 72 E on either direcetion

The malacca straits is the entrant to indian Ocean.......Not the choke point. Well, if you have to say, it will be a choke point to China as Chinese do not have an entrant to Indian Ocean except Strait of malacca, otherwise they will need to go all thew way thru from Australia.

For Country like Australia. we don't sail thru Strait of Malacca unless the destination is India or Thailand, So this is not a choke point fo us, If we were to connect from Perth to say Somalia, we first go to jakata or singapore, then Diego Garcia, then Madagasca, then Somalia

Strait_of_malacca.jpg

Diego Garcia, on the other hand is the mid-way to all land mass inside Indian Ocean, any North to south, East to West Traffic will need to pass throught the Diego Garcia to resupply to continue the journey or they are to follow a coastal route

If British Close off Diego Garcia to all naval traffic (Civilian/Military) no ship can sail past 6S and 72 E on either direcetion

Indian threat perception is not based on Australia. So it really doesnt matter About Diego Garcia, though its a threat of small magnitude.

Your post make zero sense.

but only the US gets to decide who sail through it.

Everything is fair during War. I don think we will ask US permission during war (if in case it happens, though its rare)

Indian threat perception is not based on Australia. So it really doesnt matter About Diego Garcia, though its a threat of small magnitude.

Everything is fair during War. I don think we will ask US permission during war (if in case it happens, though its rare)

If India is trying to halt shipping in Malacca straight, than US could stop this act if needs to. Why stop shipping lanes if India should try to deal with its adversary by other methods.

Chinese leadership is not so dumb like u mate :)
Pushing itself into IOR aggressively, will put India firmly in the hands of Japan and Australia. We welcome Chinese navy to fight Pirates in IOR. But bases will have negative complications.
Chinese Govt recently said through Global Times, that aggressive postures wrt India, will push India to take drastic decisions like supporting Vietnam, Phillipines, Japan and USA.
So as long as China plays sensible, we play sensible too.

What I said before? :rofl: you Indians like to piss on the pants when face China alone, so need hide behind other nation's shadow...what a bunch of useless:lol:

1. China is already in the so-called "Indian" ocean (which could be renamed to the east African ocean, or the south Asian ocean, the word "Indian" designated to it is arbitrary).

2. China is a responsible Asian power which does not interfere in other countries internal affairs.

I can safely say that the 4th and 5th biggest countries in Asia, Bangladesh and Pakistan with a combined population of over 0.3 billion will be happy to see Asia's most powerful and important state play a key role in maintaining peace and stability in south Asia and the south Asian ocean.

Your choke point is useless against China, if hostility happend and if India use these island as military fortress to carry blockage operation, then its will first to get bombarded and annexe by PLAN invasion units, every tactician or strategist will do that.

Once we secure theses islands, we will use as our outposts to fight Indian navy, no need to mention that we will raid from Tibet plateau...unless Indian assume that it navy is egual to U.S navy :rolleyes:

welcome china, Pakistan will be willing to offer a naval port to China.

When the South Pakistani Ocean is free from india, then peace in South Asia will prevail at last.

Personally, I think the Ocean should be called the Indus Ocean not "Indian" as that is a term invented by the British, the Indus however is the historical river that runs through Pakistan and was the ancient homeland of the Indus Valley Civilization.

Back
Top Bottom