What's new

Chinese navy to actively maintain peace and stability of Indian Ocean

China is most welcome in the Indian Ocean. There needs to be a counterbalance to Indian hegemony in the region, else India will thumb its nose at its smaller neighbours and try to bully them.

I doubt India force is in reality a hegemony in the ocean, or only to it's coastline region. The real hegemony is USN and the upcoming PLAN.

Indian ocean will soon become a hot spot for US-China super power competition. Just observe how much influence China has built in Africa, that's a huge counter influence of US ME presence.

It will bring both opportunity and challenges to the region. I hope Pakistan and our neighbor S.L., Maldive, etc. will ride on the good part. It's a turning reality yet many choose to ignore this imminent strategic change.

Stability of S.asia and IOR depends on how well the PLAN can project its power in this region. A chinese presence is indispensable to the stability & prosperity of IOR specially considering the fact that India still live by chankya based neruvian policy of deceptive hegemony over the region. I hope by 2025 PLAN have at least a carrier group presence in IOR. A emerging super power like china won't turn a blind eye to the stability of asia and IOR.

I doubt India force is in reality a hegemony in the ocean, or only to it's coastline region. The real hegemony is USN and the upcoming PLAN.

Indian ocean will soon become a hot spot for US-China super power competition. Just observe how much influence China has built in Africa, that's a huge counter influence of US ME presence.

It will bring both opportunity and challenges to the region. I hope Pakistan and our neighbor S.L., Maldive, etc. will ride on the good part. It's a turning reality yet many choose to ignore this imminent strategic change.

The idea can India can attain hegemony in the Indian Ocean is unrealistic. Only areas they will be able to have a chance will be around their coastlines but that cannot stretch more than a few hundred kilometres out to the sea.

India neither has the money or technological capability to be able to build the kind of carrier battle groups in the next couple of decades at least.

In the 2020s there will be instance rivalry between China and the US as both nations CVBG's patrol the waters of the Indian Ocean.

Actually, China could not patrol Indian Ocean unless India or US (in diego garcia) allow China to use it port facilities to resupply or, they found a way to round india in less than 20 days, which is the standard rationing of a carrier group.

800px-Silk_route.jpg

as an Australian, i do not want China to patrol the Indian Ocean, there are already a lot of ship and one more nation gone to where they don't belong will make things complicated

The idea can India can attain hegemony in the Indian Ocean is unrealistic. Only areas they will be able to have a chance will be around their coastlines but that cannot stretch more than a few hundred kilometres out to the sea.

India neither has the money or technological capability to be able to build the kind of carrier battle groups in the next couple of decades at least.

In the 2020s there will be instance rivalry between China and the US as both nations CVBG's patrol the waters of the Indian Ocean.

Indian Navy is one of the fastest developing force in the world and There is a separate group for ensuring the peace in India ocean, No need for those Chinese who think SCS belongs to them and cutting the cables in international waters.
According to UNCLOS majority of area in Bay of Bengal and areas surrounding India come under India's jurisdiction so it won't make any difference.

Actually, China could not patrol Indian Ocean unless India or US (in diego garcia) allow China to use it port facilities to resupply or, they found a way to round india in less than 20 days, which is the standard rationing of a carrier group.

800px-Silk_route.jpg

as an Australian, i do not want China to patrol the Indian Ocean, there are already a lot of ship and one more nation gone to where they don't belong will make things complicated

Mate we already have a group called India ocean rim association in which India and Australia are major players which will take care of the free shipping lanes.
All Chinese can do is stop those barbaric acts in SCS and abide UNCLOS, ensuring peace is a different thing which I think don't know.

This is welcome news. It's very important to get closer to our friends in South Asia like Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Maldives. They clearly want our presence in the region to counter Indian belligerence. Next step will be to build naval bases with our friends to ensure peace and stability in the Indian Ocean. With Hu Jintao saying China needs to be a maritime power, I think that was a message that its time to expand our global presence and influence.

No one can save you in IOR :lol:

The #1 power in IOR is not India. Its the US. Its the US who decides who sails in Indian ocean or the Pacific ocean.its the US that is constantly being ignored in this forum.

The #1 power in IOR is not India. Its the US. Its the US who decides who sails in Indian ocean or the Pacific ocean.its the US that is constantly being ignored in this forum.

actually the country that hold the choke point in Indian ocean is not the US, it's the Brits.

THe choke point of Indian Ocean is Diego Garcia, which is British territories, US only rent a base in there, if the Brits ask the America to pack, they can't do anything but leave. The real guy behind the IOR is the Brits not the American.

Will the brits do it is another problem.

Diego Garcia is the same status of Pearl Harbor as in the Pacific. Without Diego Garcia, it's not possible to explore the South Indian Ocean or have cross indian ocean traffic.

This is welcome news. It's very important to get closer to our friends in South Asia like Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Maldives. They clearly want our presence in the region to counter Indian belligerence. Next step will be to build naval bases with our friends to ensure peace and stability in the Indian Ocean. With Hu Jintao saying China needs to be a maritime power, I think that was a message that its time to expand our global presence and influence.

Chinese leadership is not so dumb like u mate :)
Pushing itself into IOR aggressively, will put India firmly in the hands of Japan and Australia. We welcome Chinese navy to fight Pirates in IOR. But bases will have negative complications.
Chinese Govt recently said through Global Times, that aggressive postures wrt India, will push India to take drastic decisions like supporting Vietnam, Phillipines, Japan and USA.
So as long as China plays sensible, we play sensible too.

Back
Top Bottom