What's new

China will soon have the warship with laser weaponry

The laser will be CO2 based? I thought solid states lasers have certain advantages, that's why the US is working on them now.

Laser weapons will be installed in 052D.

20081229112531527.jpg

The drawn ship above is too long with respect to width for my liking, just personal opinion. I wonder the relationships and factors important to turn rate/radius for warships.

Isnt a laser on a warship useless? Considering it can only be used within the horizon?
Unless you plan to mount it real high like the radar.

I think it's for self defence at this stage, functioning similar to phalanx and other close in weapon system.
For long range anti-ship roles railgun would be the option.

Link to a paper on the ship based laser for those who could understand Chinese:

[

The subject was stabilizing the beam during the targeting process. This seems to be the real deal.

Link to a paper on the ship based laser for those who could understand Chinese:

[

The subject was stabilizing the beam during the targeting process. This seems to be the real deal.

Can't see it if you don't have an account.

Always one step ahead of the USA than China.
For example: electromagnetic cannon, USA is 1st, China is 2nd. Controlled nuclear fusion, USA is 1st, China is 2nd. Laser weapons, USA is 1st, China is 2nd...

If China's overall industrial capacity not surpass the USA, China's military technology can not surpass the USA.

见招拆招 :sniper:

A laser-equipped destroyer in July? Even the US don't have this equipment.

We should get our Type 052D and Type 051D service first

where there's a will, there's a way.

Any reason why we can't do both at the same time? It's not like there one team working on both.

Because it is untested. It would be most logical to deploy it on land-based systems first before on ships.

And I would suspect that they would deploy it on a testbed rather than a combat ship

The laser will be CO2 based? I thought solid states lasers have certain advantages, that's why the US is working on them now.

It's better to stick with proven technology

When there's a will but no capability, there's no way

Capability is something which needs to be discovered. When you have the will to learn, try and action things, then there will always be a way.

When one starts defeating itself, then there is no way.

Because it is untested. It would be most logical to deploy it on land-based systems first before on ships.

And I would suspect that they would deploy it on a testbed rather than a combat ship

How do you know it is untested?

Back
Top Bottom