What's new

China executed more people than rest of world combined: AI

I don't believe that "draconian laws" are justified. The more developed a place is, the less necessary it will become.

Being lectured by Indians though? While their own politicians are stealing trillions of dollars, and hiding them in Swiss Banks, while millions of their own countrymen starve to death?

India trying to position itself as the "world's largest democracy" is just Indian ego trying to ruin the good name of democracy, which works perfectly fine in the developed world.

Trying to divert the topic?..would you be more comfortable being lectured by an American?

Actually, India should forget democracy and follow the ideal laws of some where money is a greater index of human values than human values itself.

It will also ease on the population and there will be an exodus to foreign soils as is being experienced elsewhere!

Question is..why don't you know?..why does your govt feel the need to hide such trivial information..does it feel ashamed..the way it imparts justice?

Like I said, the NGO-provided numbers are just guesses and speculations.

Don't you see the irony, in saying that "I don't know the number, but the number is definitely too high?"

I would like the number of executions reduced on general principle though. We are not yet a developed country, but we are no longer 1950's China either.

Trying to divert the topic?..would you be more comfortable being lectured by an American?

We both know the reason that Indians are always the ones posting such negative news about China.

It is not Pakistanis, Sri Lankans or Bangladeshis... it is almost always Indians.

Actually, India should forget democracy and follow the ideal laws of some where money is a greater index of human values than human values itself.

It will also ease on the population and there will be an exodus to foreign soils as is being experienced elsewhere!

The thing is Indian people are not the kind who would take to a Cultural Revolution or a Great Leap Forward too well. Indira Gandhi imposed the Emergency and the entire nation rose in protest. Chinese mindset is different - they enjoy being ruled - either by monarchs, or as puppet states of UK, or by the Japanese. The whole mentality is different - it is an unfair comparison.

I don't believe that "draconian laws" are justified. The more developed a place is, the less necessary it will become.

Being lectured by Indians though? While their own politicians are stealing trillions of dollars, and hiding them in Swiss Banks, while millions of their own countrymen starve to death?

India trying to position itself as the "world's largest democracy" is just Indian ego trying to ruin the good name of democracy, which works perfectly fine in the developed world.

see, here you again being a china fan boy like you all are 24/7. Do you not see the irony in your statement about Indian corruption? it is because of free media we know about it.

Have you ever wondered why such a fast growing, well funded , cash flowing country like China- and we never hear about big scandals there? China seems to have one thing no human kind, no country in the world has ever avoided- that is the ability to have no major corruption when its making money hand over fist! either the world is stupendously stupid or Chinese are a freaking alien race.. that does not do corruption!

Fact lies in that their media is a state arm and it hides all of it from the people, occcasionally throwing some " so so stole 14 mil and ran off to to US" news to the public. but the big ones-- shussshhh nobody hears.

cant wait to read your post about indian toilets as an answer fan boy!

Don't you see the irony, in saying that "I don't know the number, but the number is definitely too high?"

I would like the number of executions reduced on general principle though. We are not yet a developed country, but we are no longer 1950's China either.

Quite a contradiction and as twisted like a pretzel.

NGO numbers are speculations and guesses. No quibbles there.

I don't know the numbers, but the numbers are definitely not high. If one does not know the numbers, then how such confidence in stating that the numbers are not high?!

And because one is not a developed country, it can go berserk!! But then, who knows the numbers but we sure know it definitely is not high! Logic for you!

What has China of 1950 got to do with China of 2011. Everyone knows the world moves on and it is odd to feel that china will be in a time freeze!!

So does this question not occur to you
Why wouldn't your govt release the actual number,rather than risk being seen in bad light..when a western funded NGO will quote false numbers?

This question reverberates..why would Chinese govt hide such info?..why doesn't it want its own people and rest of the world to not know?

The thing is Indian people are not the kind who would take to a Cultural Revolution or a Great Leap Forward too well. Indira Gandhi imposed the Emergency and the entire nation rose in protest. Chinese mindset is different - they enjoy being ruled - either by monarchs, or as puppet states of UK, or by the Japanese. The whole mentality is different - it is an unfair comparison.

That is why India cannot progress.

If only Indira Gandhi and her excess were accepted like little whimpering mice, with profound galabaazi of His Master's Voice, then India too would be going places.

Wrong priorities.

see, here you again being a china fan boy like you all are 24/7. Do you not see the irony in your statement about Indian corruption? it is because of free media we know about it.

Have you ever wondered why such a fast growing, well funded , cash flowing country like China- and we never hear about big scandals there? China seems to have one thing no human kind, no country in the world has ever avoided- that is the ability to have no major corruption when its making money hand over fist! either the world is stupendously stupid or Chinese are a freaking alien race.. that does not do corruption!

Fact lies in that their media is a state arm and it hides all of it from the people, occcasionally throwing some " so so stole 14 mil and ran off to to US" news to the public. but the big ones-- shussshhh nobody hears.

China takes corruption to a whole new level. My friend recently stayed in a 5 star hotel in Shanghai - they gave him fake currency notes. He only found out when the cabbie refused to accept them. This is but one example. They also have no respect for IP laws - why do you think hi tech industries prefer India?

So does this question not occur to you
Why wouldn't your govt release the actual number,rather than risk being seen in bad light..when a western funded NGO will quote false numbers?

This question reverberates..why would Chinese govt hide such info?..why doesn't it want its own people and rest of the world to not know?

I don't know, but if you're asking me to guess, then perhaps they think it will help to scare away people from committing capital crimes.

If I am going to petition the government over something though (millions of people travel to Beijing every year to petition the national government)... then I would do it over something more important, like food inflation issues, or incompetent local officials.

The number of criminals executed, is much less important than feeding our people properly.

In an ideal world, it would be more transparent. But it is not high on the list of priorities.

I don't know, but if you're asking me to guess, then perhaps they think it will help to scare away people from committing capital crimes.

If I am going to petition the government over something though (millions of people travel to Beijing every year to petition the national government)... then I would do it over something more important, like food inflation issues, or incompetent local officials.

The number of criminals executed, is much less important than feeding our people properly.

In an ideal world, it would be more transparent. But it is not high on the list of priorities.

people rights n life r less important!!!!!!... than development...:woot::hang2:
materialistic life is more imp. 2 u....:woot:

what if u arrested for a crime that u hvn't commited...????:hang2:

I bet the united state probably " MISTAKENLY BOMB" more civilian than that number. I'd rather have my tax money spent on combating hunger than keeping some of these scum alive. I have no sympathy whatsoever towards crime such as being drug dealers, look at Mexico..........it's like a war zone in there, how many died each day from gang war???

Opinions prevailing on this thread:

Indians: China tries to execute all the people who cause problems there.

Chinese: India's biggest problem is it's large number of poor people.

Conclusion: India should follow the Chinese model and execute all poor people??? :what:

Back
Top Bottom