What's new

Burqa - A Security Challenge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it that these terrorists find oit so easy to use Islam as justification for terrorism? After all, who are the real Muslims? We have many here who cannot bring themselves to condemn the Islamist terrorists, so who are the real Muslims?

I am not sure what you are getting at. Almost any ideology can be misused by its adherents to justify violence if they are hopped up on self-righteousness. It applies to all religions. It applies to ethnic and national chauvinism. It even applies to militant environmentalism.

Most of us agree that our particular problem stems from people misusing Islam and that it needs to be addressed. So where is the denial?

(Please note that I said 'misusing Islam'. Not maligning it or defining it.)

i cant repeat one thing again and again. And i dont know what you mean by Islamic.

In simple words for you:

The Quran does not say that women are required to wear niqab or anything specific to cover up. It is not Islamic law. Hence, man made and not part of our religion.

So you mean to say that the current condition in Pakistan is pretty much the same as the mushrik men roaming around teasing women so burqa is a necessity. I actually totally agree with you there. This country is just like 1400 years ago with no respect for women. Its the muslim men and their gaze which is the problem and just so the men do not have to control themselves they have pawned their responsibilities on to their goats.
what are the differences please tell us.
what we have different then arabs of 1400 years ago???
we kill our own daughter . we are even cruel we kill them before there birth.
we tease women. we dont give them there rights. in the name of modernism we ask them to come as a showpeace to bazar. offices. what a girl does sitting in a five star hotel at the counter???? just a showpeace. thats not the respect what islam gives to women.

we are muslims. to cover oneself is a must for us women. i am neither arabic nor taliban. burqa is not a tradition. period

Cover yourself by any means you think is right -- but what do we do about this problem of bombers covering themselves up in the same things you cover yourselves in??

after all, you have rights but so does the majority of Pakistanis - Do they not have a right to security??

In simple words for you:

The Quran does not say that women are required to wear niqab or anything specific to cover up. It is not Islamic law. Hence, man made and not part of our religion.

And has not forbidden burqa. Women can use it to cover themselves. And if they do we should have no problem with them

Cover yourself by any means you think is right -- but what do we do about this problem of bombers covering themselves up in the same things you cover yourselves in??

after all, you have rights but so does the majority of Pakistanis - Do they not have a right to security??

how many khudkush women attacks happened??? only 2
and how many car bomb attacks happned countless ??? then ban the cars also

what we have different then arabs of 1400 years ago???

The best part of engaging these people is the realization that these are mentally unbalanced - to imagine that one is living in the 7th century, that one is in a 7th century arabian tribal structure -- and use the phone, internet, travel in airplanes, socialize with peoples from around the world but still be in the 7th century arabia.

La la land.

then ban the cars also

But wouldn't that effect the economy negatively? Or is that something that you would want to see?

you want to say today people lower their sights when they see a woman?? no one today tease them. i want to know where you live??? See my brother want to see them

Point taken, hence today no one from Magrib (East) or Mushrikh (West) is teasing women, Allah must recall his Farman.. Now since Women are involved in social life, We ppl from magrib or Mushrikh must want to see there face...
[/QUOTE]

I want you to explain to me if a muslim sees a womans face, what must he do? I do not want to know what a christian or hindu does. A muslim by definition has to be chaste of mind and spirit. If you cannot fight the urge to gawk at women you cannot blame another human being and cover it up. It is a process where you have to first let the women have equal standing in society and the process will either have chaste women who will cover themselves up accordingly or become like the men that are today and be "fahash". It is their choice just like it is the choice for men. Again you cannot ban the burqa, you can just ban men imposing on women to wear it.

And has not forbidden burqa. Women can use it to cover themselves. And if they do we should have no problem with them

Exactly my point.

Therefore, those people crying that it is part of Islam are incorrect. Further more, as I mentioned earlier they have every right to wear it but they have no right to refuse from opening up for clarification or security checks.

The best part of engaging these people is the realization that these are mentally unbalanced - to imagine that one is living in the 7th century, that one is in a 7th century arabian tribal structure -- and use the phone, internet, travel in airplanes, socialize with peoples from around the world but still be in the 7th century arabia.
ok then change your religion according to the time......... like Christians did

La la land.

Something I posted when discussing a similar issue might bear repeating.

The world unfortunately cannot wait for every Muslim to be educated in Islam anymore than it waited for every Hindu to be educated about Hinduism or every christian to be educated about Christianity. I would assume that enough time has passed for all this education stuff & if some haven't yet got it, it's time for a crash course about life in the 21st century. Some will have to brought there kicking & screaming but they need to be brought anyways. The world would never have become civilised if everyone followed the over the top political correctness in vogue today. People might still have had slaves & others might still be burning widows on a funeral pyre.

ok then change your religion according to the time......... like Christians did

You people have already done that - you practice a different Islam than did your father and his father before him - they lived int he present, you are so much a cripple that you escape from the present in to a imagined past

Exactly my point.

Therefore, those people crying that it is part of Islam are incorrect. Further more, as I mentioned earlier they have every right to wear it but they do not have the right to refuse from opening up for clarification or security checks.

We can have separate arrangement for checking women. I think we have in airports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom