What's new

BJP opposes Muslim reservation in jobs: Joshi

yes such a system can be good but may be a two- three layered system(based economical and social backwardness ) with greater care and privilege for worst level can address the problem more effectively.

yes you stole the words out of my mouth.:cheers:
but some people will never get out of their caste identities whether it be upper or lower caste. sad situation though.:frown:
i don't see these reservations ending in even 50 years time.:hitwall::hitwall:

No you cannot compare the reservation given to SC/ST with the proposed reservation to Muslims.

SC/ST were explicitly discriminated against by the higher castes. In the past they were prevented from getting even basic education which hurt their chances of jobs.

But is there any such thing happening where other communities prevent Muslims from attending schools or such ?? :disagree:

I have personally seen many Muslim parents not sending their children to good schools because they happened to be convent schools where you had to sing "praise of Christ" every morning in prayer and they dont allow hijab or it will be run by a Hindu trust where you had to sing "Saraswathi Vandana" . While the other communities don't mind it as long as their child get a decent education, they think it goes against their religion.

So what is the moral ground for demanding such a reservation -- that too directly in jobs ?
And those parents are right in exercising their beliefs.schools are place for spreading knowledge not a place fore spreading ur religion.There must be ban on such activities like singing praise to particular religion god in morning assemblies.

Isnt is ironic that u cry foul when christian missionaries use food education as means to convert hindu tribals and here u are ssupporting schools who sing praise to one particular god oblivious to the fact it against the other religion.too much hypocrisy from karthic.oh only an indian can be so much hypocrite.

muslims are not called to interviews due to their religion.There is a hidden bias against muslims in india.
and u are somehow able to see that hidden bias with ure abnormal senses.

their applications are rejected just by seeing muslim names on the resume.

how many interviews have u attended ?

muslims must get reservation proportional to their population ie 30% divided equally for 15% for muslim men and 15% for muslim females.

Above all this Christian must get 8% reservation by following same formula....that way it will force govt,corporates to hire muslims and christians.

there is a reason why i hate people like u.
i being a SC is asking to end reservations in our country, becoz it is becoming a cause of bitterness in society.
whereas u are openly demanding reservation for every other religion.
going by ure logic its better to divide this country on teh basis of religion and give each religion a chunk of land depending upon their population.

this is why i call u anti-national becoz u cant think constructive at all.

Even though I agree in principle with job reservations , these reservations are no longer being used to benefit the minority or disadvantaged communities. The intent of having created such a policy has now been lost. The job reservation system is now being used by political parties as a vote bank mechanism. We need to restructure the system to take it away from the politicians as a tool to be abused.

Same 39% reservation for muslims and 8% reservation for chritians must be followed in reserving legislature seats for them in parliament,states assembly, municipal corporations,gram panchayat elections.And even in UPSC,IITs and IIMs.

oh yeah, you forgot primary schools my genius boy...Cheers !!

And those parents are right in exercising their beliefs.schools are place for spreading knowledge not a place fore spreading ur religion.There must be ban on such activities like singing praise to particular religion god in morning assemblies.

Isnt is ironic that u cry foul when christian missionaries use food education as means to convert hindu tribals and here u are ssupporting schools who sing praise to one particular god oblivious to the fact it against the other religion.too much hypocrisy from karthic.oh only an indian can be so much hypocrite.

religion is supposed to be practiced in your home and not in your school.
if despite been able to send their kids to good schools muslims are not doing this, then they have no right to blame others for this.

p.s.- this post is meant for this poster in particular.

No you cannot compare the reservation given to SC/ST with the proposed reservation to Muslims.

SC/ST were explicitly discriminated against by the higher castes. In the past they were prevented from getting even basic education which hurt their chances of jobs.

But is there any such thing happening where other communities prevent Muslims from attending schools or such ?? :disagree:

I have personally seen many Muslim parents not sending their children to good schools because they happened to be convent schools where you had to sing "praise of Christ" every morning in prayer and they dont allow hijab or it will be run by a Hindu trust where you had to sing "Saraswathi Vandana" . While the other communities don't mind it as long as their child get a decent education, they think it goes against their religion.

So what is the moral ground for demanding such a reservation -- that too directly in jobs ?

What is the ration of Hindus going to Convent schools in India??

More than the religion it has MORE to do with the fees. Convent schools are NOT a charity where everyone can get in.

OH WHY HINDUS force the students to sing "Saraswathi Vandana" in the first place. Cant they give good education without "Saraswathi Vandana"

this is why i call u anti-national becoz u cant think constructive at all.

i guess u r decieved by the flag he carries.
probably they dont allow pakistani flags in his part of "US"
THE word is pseudo-national dr

PLZ GUYS DONT REPLY TO HIS FLAMES

yes you stole the words out of my mouth.:cheers:
but some people will never get out of their caste identities whether it be upper or lower caste. sad situation though.:frown:
i don't see these reservations ending in even 50 years time.:hitwall::hitwall:

but how do we recognise socially backward ? is there a better way than recognising sc and st ?
it may sound discriminating or supporting cast system etc..but is there a better way ?
cast system and it's realities were a fact and lower casts were discriminated and for decades how do we recognise those backward classes ? i am still in a dilemma.

The correct comparison would be with OBC's. W.r.t. your point on SC/ST's, isn't it a real irony that the SC/ST's & their oppressors, the OBC's both get the benefit of reservation?

I am a OBC and I dont have reservation because of creamy layer (which is good).

yes that's the point
some people were once discriminated
so is it a kind of repayment to the current generation.
if yes i see it grossly undemocratic.

Agreed ! But I am just asking if there was ever a discriminatrion of Muslims by other communities like that was inflicted on SC/ST.

As I told earlier it is largely a self-inflicted one because of their rigid religious boundaries. I am not saying that is wrong as it is their personal choice, but other communities must not bear the brunt for that.

Fair ?

No one needs reservation, government should invest in special schools and educational help for under privileged people irrespective of caste and religion.

What is the ration of Hindus going to Convent schools in India??

More than the religion it has MORE to do with the fees. Convent schools are NOT a charity where everyone can get in.

OH WHY HINDUS force the students to sing "Saraswathi Vandana" in the first place. Cant they give good education without "Saraswathi Vandana"

oh.. talk of the troll and the troll is here.

its matter among Indians, and we are trying to find a solution for this, and will get a solution.

u better start taking care of the minority being wiped in your country.

p.s.- im not trying to kill the messenger here, but can sense the intentions of a hate filled mind.

Even though I agree in principle with job reservations , these reservations are no longer being used to benefit the minority or disadvantaged communities. The intent of having created such a policy has now been lost. The job reservation system is now being used by political parties as a vote bank mechanism. We need to restructure the system to take it away from the politicians as a tool to be abused.

Completely agreed. This corrupt politician won't even hesitate to sell this whole country!

Back
Top Bottom