What's new

BJP opposes Muslim reservation in jobs: Joshi

A big wtf reservations should be removed completly we have lost so many young lifes due to this crap concept which is being used by the political leaders as a tool for vote

No its not right that special quota for a Muslim

We already have minority quota system in India so I dnt think we need another one

Actually I agree with monitor. Many muslim communities especially in N.India are terribly backward. Something has to be done to ensure that they don't stay that way. They are not magically going to improve their standing. I would support some kind of affirmative action subject to a creamy layer cut-off, both in education as well as in government jobs. Unfortunately the politicians supporting & indeed opposing such reservations have little or no real interest in the actual issue. It is just a political football for them to try & score a goal with their perceived base.

You are saying this on the assumption that Muslims have been prevented,discriminated by the other communities from gaining entry into government jobs which was the case with the SC,ST. They (Muslims) did not get adequate representation because they lagged behind in education than other communities.

The assumption itself is grossly wrong. If this is not communalism and vote bank politics, I wonder what is ?

If the government is sincere let it give reservation in educational institutionsand improve the literacy among Muslims , not in jobs directly to under-qualified personnel just because they happen to be from one religion.

We are talking about West Bengal muslim community here. Its not an assumption, its facts as was shown by Sachar committee report.
The same report that showed Gujarati muslims faring much better.

In West Bengal 30% of the population is Muslim and less than 5% is in govt. jobs. That is gross mis-representation by all accounts and the part of the consition that I quoted gives the govt. the right to correct this imbalance. Once the imbalance is corrected it can be removed.

There is lot of propaganda on what this is about. Like you said, reservations should be on economic basis.
This reservation IS on economic basis. Unlike SC/ST reservations which are still not on economic basis.

So this is actually an improvement over previous systems.

Bengal Govt. has done this for vote politics. If Govt. is really concerned about people with financial disadvantage then they must help all poor people irrespective of their religion. Why not Govt. is talking about corruption?? Why not they are talking about hunger??? These shameless politician are our biggest enemy!!!

even though they will get reservation if economy based reservation is given but that pool is very big(economically backward )
after-all tell me ,what is the purpose of reservations?? it is to bring the socialy challenged people to the forefront of the society and it would be unjust on rest of the challenged people if a particular sect is selected for the favours or reservations. It is the govts responsibility to help those people whatever their number may be and if the number is very large to handle then let the govt brng down the economic limits.
Lets say every family with an income less than 50000 rs per year gets reservations. what do u say??

and the adivasi people will only get minimum opportunity more over they are jungle living people and are not capable of slightet competition.
besides adivasis, quota for handicapped,women,defence persons etc should be held.
but how do u catogorise large chunk of ST people living urban areas as adivasi's with minimum opportunity??

There can a huge debate why Muslims who had been the ruling class before 200years ago, are so backward in development indices in WB or rest of the india .

Your initial assumption is wrong. 99% of Muslims in India were NOT part of the ruling class.

The OBC groups notified DO NOT belong to the ruling class but are very similar to the backward groups among their Hindu counterparts.

And more importantly, the reservations have an economic condition so that only poor Muslims can benefit from this. Something that other SC/ST reservations do not account for.

i agree with my friends Karthic and Manas.
Reservation should not be based on Religion, Caste or creed but for Financially poor people.

This will just provide more ammo to right wing groups about minority appeasement.

Can you please explain what minority appeasment is being done here?

As mentioned by the Sachar report, despite being 30% in population their representation in govt. is woefully low. The creamy layer or those who families who have household income of more that 4lakh Rs annually are excluded. And only OBC groups are notified exclusing the "upper class" Muslim groups like Syed, Pathans, Mughals e.t.c

So as per the constition, the state government is within its right to correct the imbalance and improve the status of backward communities just as it has done for SC/ST communities for the last60 years. And by mainstreaming the backward communities, the govt. creates a sense of belonging and patriotism among these communities.

in kerala i think because of leftist movement helped the backwards a lot..don't you think so ?

helped backward people?? yes
how?? by equal development throughout the state and considering each and evry person in the society as equal on all ranks.

:cheers:

Even the so called SC/ST/OBC quota system is massively flawed. I know a person who has this SC card but he is from a 'upper-middle class' family. He told me that it is not a big deal to get this card if you have good relation to the political party member.

@metro
yaar dats a systemic failure that govt doesnt punish such people who do so.
just tell me then wat is so much difference in kerala nd haryana
its just d govt misfunctioning itself or are r u saying dat people in haryana r damn butchers???

are nahi. not all.
people of haryana are very good, since im a haryanvi myself, i can tell u people would do anything to help a needy.
but the point is according to some people casteism is not a bad thing, it is something in their deep pysche that they think discriminating the lower caste is a good thing.
i belong to SC myself thts y im telling u this.

yes theres has been a real turnaround in the thinking of the people, but the real problem is that of the educational standards.

we dont have enough schools n colleges, those feew good ones that we have, are not affordable for poor ones.

im all for putting an end to reservation.

sorry for late replying. was out for lunch.

Even the so called SC/ST/OBC quota system is massively flawed. I know a person who has this SC card but he is from a 'upper-middle class' family. He told me that it is not a big deal to get this card if you have good relation to the political party member.

Its not a right place to discuss this and its fault of our own system which includes all of us

I thing we need totally new quota system in India ( I will support quota based on poverty not on religion)

This will just provide more ammo to right wing groups about minority appeasement.

do you mean BJP by right wing groups or RSS,

karthic plz do understand that neither of these above mentioned groups has an affinity for cast or religion based reservations.
if their is a case for reservations for muslims, they have the right for it as their counterparts with the same socio-economic conditions are given favours.

Its not a right place to discuss this and its fault of our own system which includes all of us

I thing we need totally new quota system in India ( I will support quota based on poverty not on religion)

.........and free from corruption! :)

Back
Top Bottom