What's new

Being Pakistani and atheist a dangerous combo, but some ready to brave it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Atheists in Pakistan? Interesting.

These people tend to quite unpatriotic on the inside, given the fact Islam has no meaning to them, hence they'd rather have Muslim Pakistan merge with Secular India.

Dangerous Dangerous, hope the phenomenon does die soon otherwise they could prove to be lethal to Pakistan.

This is growing trend in Pakistan with it's current situation and it's society unless it changes this will continue, but atheist aren't that bad in fact an Atheist could probably take pakistan on the right path if he isn't killed by the mobs.

If god exists then i want to be an atheist .. If he does not then i have to be a believer .now for the time being i am atheist

Thats like saying you can believe in ghosts till he is proven not to exist, and I can believe in no ghosts till he is proven to exist. Which one makes more sense to you?

no one really cares about ghost. Religion is about belief, One thing is true that a society can not exists only with the non believers. The concept of religion probably and only came for the reason alone to make a group of people to enable them to live and grow in a society together and bind them with a reason. Saying that it doesn't mean that god doesn't exists, may be it was the god's plan to be like that or else whole world will be like one king's land and no motivation will be left for human race to discover/search/find the new and new things again and that's when god will have no interest in the game :P . Also trusting and forcing a religion blindly has no meaning, as it has gone through the generations, things changes even intentionally for good or unintentionally without realizing it through the evolution of mankind, all this strict fanaticism is only the tool to protect the ego/power of some selfish bunch of people and their descendents for some generations but thats all.

From my experience the vast majority of 'highly educated' and '[sub]-nationalistic' people are atheist to varying degrees.

It's self-delusion really, but they'll snap out of it once they die.

anyone can be sir anyone

Atheists in Pakistan? Interesting.

These people tend to quite unpatriotic on the inside, given the fact Islam has no meaning to them, hence they'd rather have Muslim Pakistan merge with Secular India.

Dangerous Dangerous, hope the phenomenon does die soon otherwise they could prove to be lethal to Pakistan.

Well 'patriotism' should be free from all religious boundaries. Haven't you seen Sikh Pakistanis defending Pakistan better than Muslim Pakistanis in Internet forums? I have! I haven't come across better person than Agnostic Muslim of this forum when it comes to defending Pakistan in all good and bad deeds of our country (He at least claims to be Agnostic so not sure about his belief).

Keeping your statement in mind, I would prefer to live with 'unpatriotic' non-Muslims than patriotic Taliban like animals of our society as they are more peaceful, hard working and loyal towards the country. So religion should never be the criteria to determine the patriotism as if so was the case, all the non-Muslim would have left the country by now.

Believe in nothing untill unless you realise it .. Otherwise you are a fool of n+1 th order

Keeping your statement in mind, I would prefer to live with 'unpatriotic' non-Muslims than patriotic Taliban like animals of our society as they are more peaceful, hard working and loyal towards the country. So religion should never be the criteria to determine the patriotism as if so was the case, all the non-Muslim would have left the country by now.

Tell me one thing:

What reason do they have to be loyal to a country that's Muslim given they themselves are not? What stops them from starting movements to, God Forbid, merge Pakistan with India or something along those lines?
As I said, given they're not Muslim, what attachment do they, or should they have with a country that was built for people they themselves are not?

Now don't get me wrong, I live with atheists here in the UK and all, and I've got no probs with them on a personal level, I'm simply talking out of love for Pakistan, which I'll say again is a Muslim country, built for Muslims, on the back of Islam, none of which they identify themselves with.

Athesists are okay... Not like Muslims and Christians who once in a while come knocking on your door handing you a Quran/Bible... btw i am agnostic although i defend islam

@draisinherald
what does that mean ?
As a nationalist You are using religion for your personal gain ?
The point is someone else will use it to much more personal gain ..

Tell me one thing:

What reason do they have to be loyal to a country that's Muslim given they themselves are not? What stops them from starting movements to, God Forbid, merge Pakistan with India or something along those lines?
As I said, given they're not Muslim, what attachment do they, or should they have with a country that was built for people they themselves are not?

Now don't get me wrong, I live with atheists here in the UK and all, and I've got no probs with them on a personal level, I'm simply talking out of love for Pakistan, which I'll say again is a Muslim country, built for Muslims, on the back of Islam, none of which they identify themselves with.

I could turn the whole chapter upside down by sharing some links for your general knowledge which says "unrestrained Patriotism" is haram in Islam. But then all I want to say is, if you are referring to atheists only then they are atheists so why would they even want to join India? I am also in favour of freedom of religion and equal rights for everybody in Pakistan. So if that is their only demand it should always be respected. I see no reason of their disagreement to Pakistan for any other purpose if the equal rights are provided to them.

Other religions such as Hinduism would get the upper hand as they were the inhabitants of this land well before the Islam was introduced. They had always been living in this part of the earth and even refused to join with India when they had the free hand to go to "Hindu majority" India. Same is true for other religions of Pakistan so please do not challenge the patriotism on the basis of religion

@draisinherald
what does that mean ?
As a nationalist You are using religion for your personal gain ?

Learn not to make such claims when you don't know what the other person is talking about, OK? It makes you look like a desperate fool who's trying to score some curry points.

I could turn the whole chapter upside down by sharing some links for your general knowledge which says "unrestrained Patriotism" is haram in Islam. But then all I want to say is, if you are referring to atheists only then they are atheists so why would they even want to join India? I am also in favour of freedom of religion and equal rights for everybody in Pakistan. So if that is their only demand it should always be respected. I see no reason of their disagreement to Pakistan for any other purpose if the equal rights are provided to them.

Alright, you couldn't prove why they should be patriotic, but fine. Just so you know I don't care if people start to worship faeces in Pakistan even, but such people should always be looked on with a cautious eye, you never know what's going on in their minds.
Just my personal opinion.

Think logically buddy ..go deeper ..dont take it as a insult .. You will realise what i was trying to tell

Alright, you couldn't prove why they should be patriotic, but fine. Just so you know I don't care if people start to worship faeces in Pakistan even, but such people should always be looked on with a cautious eye, you never know what's going on in their minds.
Just my personal opinion.

I think you should rather be proving why they are unpatriotic. I see no reason to prove them unpatriotic so that is why they are patriotic Pakistanis just like you and me. See in UK we have people of every faith but I don't find the reason of someone being less patriotic to other just because of his faith? I think this discussion is going no where so I am out unless you have made a solid point in the next post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom