What's new

Army demanded in Karachi and Quetta.

Country hit by floods, ---------------------- Call Army

Hit by Earth Quakes, ----------------------- Call Army

Distribute Ballot ------------------------ Call Army

Develop housing schemes ----------------- Call Army

Law & Order out of hand ------------------- Call Army

Then, why give sermouns on Democracy .... why not learn to live in a disciplined and orderly proud manner ?

no need to call army if the civilian set up is too string that they dont need to depend on anyone else

calling army is no solution, as i said

Then, why give sermouns on Democracy .... why not learn to live in a disciplined and orderly proud manner ?

no need to call army if the civilian set up is too string that they dont need to depend on anyone else

calling army is no solution, as i said

no let them die we all know what they called army when they live in peace . democracy is the revenge . as zardari said :)

no let them die we all know what they called army when they live in peace . democracy is the revenge . as zardari said :)

yup democracy is revenge and thats why democracy has shown the true face of these PPP which i hope will never succeed in any pakistan elections in future, this PPP who was invinsible, due to its incompetency is finished for ever

I watched Najem Sethi interview last night , he is off the opinion this Karachi unrest situation is created to call the army in Karachi so that North Waziristan operation can be halted.

I think someone needs to tells this Najam Sethi that Karachi is facing law and order situation for past 4 years continuously without any break and it was happening even before anyone first demanded North Waziristan operation.

Anyone from Karachi or someone who lives in Karachi can confirm that. Only delusional burger liberal party would believe in this sh!t.

Sorry for my language.

And who pays for the army CIVILIANS !!! so army can only follow orders and do what they are told by the boss

Calling army would set a bad precedent besides denigration of Army by both sides in the aftermath of Army trying to control the situation. Moreover if the militants from political parties inflicts some heavy initial casualties, it will also give the boost to sapping moral of Taliban. It will be a disaster recipe which is what some involved parties even want. Karachi always has Rangers which should be given sufficient training to tackle these issues as they are seem to be happening very frequently. Bringing in Army won't be a good idea in a fledgling democracy like Pak.

Karachi dont need army, It need better policing......The resources they'll spend on army operation should spend on Police.....Karachi will be problem free.... And International help can be asked in tactics, communication etc by more professional police like NYPD.

Karachi dont need army, It need better policing......The resources they'll spend on army operation should spend on Police.....Karachi will be problem free.... And International help can be asked in tactics, communication etc by more professional police like NYPD.

new york gang related problem were solved by FBI

Interesting mention of PA's 'job seeker' list, thanks for the perspective.

This is off-topic, and on another note, but I do not think that your comparison of Mumbai to Karachi is justified. I have never visited Karachi, but from what I read of it, it is far far more violent than Mumbai at any time. There is one thing that has to be noted about Mumbai's organized crime - to the extent it was possible Mumbai crime syndicates always made it a point to never, ever impact the man on the street. When the common man got affected, everything would shut down, business would suffer, and the criminals would lose money. So they made sure the common man was insulated as much as possible.

So, the ordinary man or woman has almost always been able to walk the Mumbai streets in perfect safety. It was a semi-serious joke of the 80s and 90s that a woman could take the trains from Churchgate to Vashi at midnight, wearing the most expensive jewelry and no one would take a second look at her.

The shootouts, violent crimes - as and when they happened- almost never made a major impact (or even a sizeable impact) on Mumbai life. From what I understand of Karachi, the ordinary man can get robbed, mugged, kidnapped, shot at and murdered in the course of a day. To the best of my knowledge, this has never been the case in Mumbai.

In Karachi too, the common man is largely spared the violence. The people being targeted are, in most cases:

1) Political Workers
2) Office Holders
3) Traders who refuse to pay extortion money

And who pays for the army CIVILIANS !!! so army can only follow orders and do what they are told by the boss

Sir do you want them to send a batman to your place for cooking food for you & then wiping your arse after your down defecating it, too or would you prefer the Chief himself to do it seeing that a tiny portion of your tax money might have found its way into his salary ?

Sir do you want them to send a batman to your place for cooking food for you & then wiping your arse after your down defecating it, too or would you prefer the Chief himself to do it seeing that a tiny portion of your tax money might have found its way into his salary ?

The practice of keeping Batmans has been abolished, Musharraf termed it a misuse of military manpower and put an end to it. Now Officers have to hire a civilian called an NCB (Non-Combatant Bearer).

My relative's son was in Karachi last week, studying in an university. Since he moved there from Lahore and was new there, some fellow mate or someone else (still have no idea) called MQM thugs and informed them about his identity, and the route he takes on way to home plus mentioned that he was travelling with 500k Ruppee. They encountered him on his way and at the end of the pistol, demanded the 500K. He assured them that he had nothing and gave away his properties like Mobile Phone and wallet, but they still demanded 500K out of him. Meanwhile, the patrolling police arrived at spot and saw that they were demanding something at gunpoint, and opened fire on them, who exchanged fire back which resulted in death to a passer-by. The thugs fled off, but latter called him back saying if he doesn't give them 500K Ruppee, they will kill him. Any further information I give will be inappropriate, since this is latest news.

It will be very surprising to find someone who has not been stopped at gunpoint in Karachi. For a very long time, it was just MQM but now there are many other groups operating there. Karachi is a lucrative market for gangs and this is what is happening right now under this very capable coalition government.

It will be very surprising to find someone who has not been stopped at gunpoint in Karachi. For a very long time, it was just MQM but now there are many other groups operating there. Karachi is a lucrative market for gangs and this is what is happening right now under this very capable coalition government.

My friend got mugged at gun point, bastards took his wallet, phone and even the eggs he was taking home.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom