What's new

Any motorcycle riders out here? Want to post photos of your rides?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 200cc Honda Road Master (1981 model)... :smitten:

165842_467397943286331_100000483883982_1705959_638408340_n.jpg

The cat came with the bike.....????

Please see map attached

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msi...l=39.774769,29.267578&spn=45.146403,93.076172

Although looking at the map it can be shortened by 1000 miles, however, the fun is in the journey and bypassing crucial points within the journey for early arrival means a trip of a lifetime with missed opportunities. One gets older by the day, and these sorts of opportunities don't come often.

For those wanting to take such a trip, please take the following tips:

Take a few tours, in a sports tourer bike, preferably a 800cc and above (this will help in traffic when not having to change gears more often, and much more reliable on bends and roads. Recommend this firm, very good for tours: Extra Mile Motorbike Tours & Motorcycle Holidays Europe & UK. World Motorbike Tours. Motorbike Holidays

Decide on what exactly you are going to take with you, never overload the bike with crap that you do not need, or you think you should take for the sake of taking.......

Get you papers and finances in order......... cash is good and works best, but through to the top end of Europe, a Visa card with chip and pin will work almost anywhere....., get some cash in Euros and Dollars as these work well also. If not, stick to the British pound. Always let you bank know before departure as they will be more then inclined to cancel any approval for withdrawals abroad if you have not done so in the past.

Driving licence, card and paper part, goes without saying, but keep at least two coloured copies with you on the leg of the journey. If you do fall foul of some European authorities, you may find your licence revoked, and the trip may either come to an end or a copy required to get back home. Just remember, as a foreigner in their country, the fines are huge for traffic violations, and countries like Switzerland will just remand you for court the next day and then hit you with a hefty fine, hence why that country is missed off from the map above.

Passport, take out the one with a 45 page passport, comes in handy for other trips. Make sure it is well in date.

Car insurance for Europe and breakdown cover. Your insurance should cover you for 90 days in Europe as standard, always inform them of your travel before departure. Also, the RAC will do a good cover for Europe.

Always remember to order your health insurance card, it is free and helps in obtaining health services without paying for certain treatments - About the EHIC

Remember to order any Visa for Iran 90 days before travel, as Iran tends to interview and even object to certain parts of your trip....... they do not have the facility to check you ISP usage, however they will request details of your employment and background. expect to be asked at the border is what I have been told.....

Turkey is quite simple, £10 for a Visa upon arrival.

You can no longer travel from Italy to Turkey via ferry direct, hence the go between through Greece.

Remember to get you carnet for travel beyond Europe as well as to order your Internal Driving Permit, both can be done from the RAC - Carnet de Passage Application Form | RAC Driving Information & International Driving Permit | Driving Abroad | RAC

-----------

Will add more soon

Just out of curiosity, how many Pakistanis here would like to make a trip from the uk to Pakistan by motorbike. Obviously the number of members who have a motorbike in the uk is very very low but would be nice to know, hey, I may even get a partner out of it to tag along with

well....that's uhhhhh quite a list there man! Impressive! (What do you do again?)

I owned an F3 in Pakistan, in red. Great bike. this RR is definitely quicker than my old 600.

I'm surprised you never messed with any V-twins....like the TL1000 (old school torque monster) or the RC51.

ive had the RR for a little less than 2 months now.....i love it...but i'll hang onto it for a lil longer then go for a Gixer 1000. Get it up in the air just off the throttle lol

do you have a go pro?

Don't have a gopro yet but when i hit the track then i'll probably get one. I was really close to get a rc-51 but the deal sliped through. Currently I have a 12r, rebel 250 and just bought a 650r. I kinda buy and sell motorcycles to help pay some bills :) I would keep the RR if I was you. They are best thing that ever happened to mankind!

Furthermore, are there nice roads and corners in pakistan for crotch rockets?

Don't have a gopro yet but when i hit the track then i'll probably get one. I was really close to get a rc-51 but the deal sliped through. Currently I have a 12r, rebel 250 and just bought a 650r. I kinda buy and sell motorcycles to help pay some bills :) I would keep the RR if I was you. They are best thing that ever happened to mankind!

Furthermore, are there nice roads and corners in pakistan for crotch rockets?

I'd say Islamabad roads are suitable for crotch rockets.

lesson: NEVER overtake a gay bus!

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^^^^^

Did not happen in Kerala. This is some South american nation.

Cheers!

Here is the red lady without the panniers

IMG_1968.jpg

IMG_1967.jpg

IMG_1961.jpg

IMG_1960.jpg

Abu Zolfiqar........ you are missing an awesome ride. Handling on Sports tourers is superb and with modifications, like a custom made seat, which is what I have ordered and am awaiting, you can ride for hundreds of miles at a time. a trip to Pakistan is truly a dream come true and like any other trip, it is the journey that matters and never go unprepared, hence a few dry runs through and around Europe befioe embarking on a proper tour to Pakistan.

I will add a map here from google which shows the route, hotels on the route and other tips for everyone if ever interested in such a journey.......

keep me posted.....

in Turkey i briefly owned a third-hand 1200 Harley (pics somewhere in this forum)....so i havent always been into racing bikes only. I'd be happy to try a sports tourer at some point -- im not exactly rich at the moment got other life expenses. But maybe one day Inshallah

first time i ever rode was on a CD70 Honda in Pakistan; i was 11. My most memorable was a ZX-12 Ninja Kawasaki. Most terrifying was riding on the "****** seat" on my cousins (former) 929RR Honda. This was in Pindi a few years back. I told him please take it easy and instead he decided to do pop-up wheelies and act stupid in traffic. I almost thrashed him for that! :laugh:

i do love bikes though; most liberating feeling in the world

a steal, at $2300.....the dude was very desperate for the cash since he had high bills and stuff plus he had children to take care of

i sold the RR for 5000 flat and i bought it for 3000...all i really did was put on an exhaust and fix some of the scratches on the lower fairings

so im pretty happy about that.....no dent in my wallet

It's so sexy that i'm jealous. Lol

In India its Bajaj-Kawasaki 250R Ninja

Kawasaki-Ninja-250r2.jpg

Looks the same. Except for the exhaust.

Bajaj Kawasaki Ninja 250R Technical Details:

250cc, Twin Cylinder, Fuel Injected, 4 Valve per Cylinder Engine
Maximum Power – 33PS @ 11000rpm
Maximum Torque – 22Nm @ 8200rpm
6 Speed Gearbox
Braking – 290mm Petal Disc (Front), 220 mm Single Piston Petal Disc (Rear)
Uni-Track rear suspension
17 Litres Fuel Capacity
Front Tyre – 17 inch 110/70 Tubeless
Rear Tyre – 17 inch 130/70 Tubeless
Weight – 172 Kg

Damage: Rs. 2,70,000/- Indian Rupee (INR) Ex-Show Room

sold the 600RR, picked this up 2 days ago

Kawasaki Ninja '636' ZX-6 R.....2006 model

photogrx.jpg

Congratulations!

Is the direction of the front tire tread correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom