What's new

Any motorcycle riders out here? Want to post photos of your rides?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honda Super Cub Scooter - Retro FTW! | Hondapedia.org

My mother ran all over Saigon with me in the back with that thing.
My family bought this bike also, but we sold it already.

I just moved to small city, so my new bike is Honda wave anpha Vietnam ^^.
2.jpg

How many does perfect cornering skills(Bending and Leaning)?

I am trying to perfect Cornering skills in Motorcycles, ofcourse in free roads :) . Remember I'm driving a Indian Bike(Apache 180); not a SBK.

I recommend a book called "Twist of the Wrist: The Motorcycle Roadracers Handbook by Keith Code". Another good motorcycling book is "Proficient Motorcycling by David Hough".

I hate motorcycles. They are noisy, and very unsafe. Yesterday, I saw crash accident between a car and motorcycle. It was horrible.

I am heading to Ontario, Toronto suburb.

Hopefully the following would help:

Go here for starters.

Ontario's Graduated Licensing

Ontario Bikers and the Law

I wasn't sure what you meant by "Any Idea about Bikes in Canada?". Anyway, once you have met all legal requirements, your choice of bikes is only limited to your wallet. Helmets are required. I highly suggest you get riding gloves and jacket at the minimum. Leather gear gives the best protection while textile gear are more affordable.

I'm not sure if I answered your question. If not, you'll need to be more specific. Keep the Shiny Side Up.

I am planning a long tour from the UK to Pakistan along with a friend who plans on travelling through to India through the Wagah Border.

Currently we have travelled extensively through UK, into Frances and into Italy just getting used to Euro bike riding.........one thing is for sure, the Europeans know respect for a biker as compared to us FU**ING Brits.........

The plan is to through through France, into Italy, catch a ferry from Ancona to Izmir (Turkey) and ride across the length of turkey into Iran and across the length of Iran into Pakistan. I did not know the actual distance of border to border of Turkey and Iran, they are bloody huge.

Currently fixing our minor details for a trip in March / April 2012. We have 4 riders who will follow upto Ancona and head back from there whilst we continue forward.

I wil be risking it on my Suzuki SV650S and he will be going on a Triumph 800 TIGER..........

Someone has already done a different route to New Delhi

Delhi Bike Challenge - Google Maps

It looks great and will be fun.....................

How many here remember their first bicycle and the feelings of freedom, of control, of fear, and of pride you got when you were young enough to learn how to ride and finally to be on your own? My ride is a Buell S-1. I had a Buell X-1 but it got stolen and wrecked and that is another story. But for any man who yearns to have those feelings again, plus the benefit of being more attractive to members of the opposite sex, a motorcycle, not a scooter, is the way to go. Instead of human power, you now have mechanical power more potent than your body could produce to propel you to fearful speed. Regardless of how much leather you don, your contact to the environment is much more than the shell a car can give. Ride long enough and you will know the sting of raindrops on bare skin. A motorcycle is the perfect balance between man and machine.

As for women, they love straddling things, why do you think they love horses and powerful motorcycles? :azn: Real men know how to drive manual shifts and ride motorcycles.

Well, my first long distance bike ride was from Jammu to Delhi via Hoshiarpur and Chandigarh way back in 1990. I did about 760 KMs in 14 hours with a brief nap of 1 hour in a sugarcane field near Hoshiarpur. I enjoyed the ride very much but the lasting memories of that ride was ducking flying insects hurtling at me at supersonic speeds at night, dogs barking at me and chasing me as I thundered through sleepy villages in Punjab in the dead of the night, delicious alu paranthas with dahi in Chandigarh and an irritating pain in my back by the time I hit the Ambala - Delhi highway (I had a rucksack on my back you see). It was fun while it lasted but thank God I don't have to ride bikes any more.

Well, my first long distance bike ride was from Jammu to Delhi via Hoshiarpur and Chandigarh way back in 1990. I did about 760 KMs in 14 hours with a brief nap of 1 hour in a sugarcane field near Hoshiarpur. I enjoyed the ride very much but the lasting memories of that ride was ducking flying insects hurtling at me at supersonic speeds at night, dogs barking at me and chasing me as I thundered through sleepy villages in Punjab in the dead of the night, delicious alu paranthas with dahi in Chandigarh and an irritating pain in my back by the time I hit the Ambala - Delhi highway (I had a rucksack on my back you see). It was fun while it lasted but thank God I don't have to ride bikes any more.

Man, that is not the spirit..........

You need to keep going and going and going.......... I can second your bit about insects, what a pain in the back side they end up being....lol

I sure did hope there were more Asian riders in the UK to ride with through my journey next year though...........My mate will be alone past Wagah into India all the way to Mumbai,........

Heres some photos of Llangollen, Wales, UK. My bike is in the red circle. I will try and get a better photo soon.

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i421/rab_zuk1/1.jpg

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i421/rab_zuk1/IMG_0210.jpg

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i421/rab_zuk1/IMG_0212.jpg

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i421/rab_zuk1/IMG_0213.jpg

I am planning a long tour from the UK to Pakistan along with a friend who plans on travelling through to India through the Wagah Border.

Currently we have travelled extensively through UK, into Frances and into Italy just getting used to Euro bike riding.........one thing is for sure, the Europeans know respect for a biker as compared to us FU**ING Brits.........

The plan is to through through France, into Italy, catch a ferry from Ancona to Izmir (Turkey) and ride across the length of turkey into Iran and across the length of Iran into Pakistan. I did not know the actual distance of border to border of Turkey and Iran, they are bloody huge.

Currently fixing our minor details for a trip in March / April 2012. We have 4 riders who will follow upto Ancona and head back from there whilst we continue forward.

I wil be risking it on my Suzuki SV650S and he will be going on a Triumph 800 TIGER..........

Someone has already done a different route to New Delhi

Delhi Bike Challenge - Google Maps

It looks great and will be fun.....................
Thats f*ing awsome.. U should post pics of ur bike with all touring mods. And ofcourse pics ur f*ing epic tour. I m glad u r doing this. I can only dream of.
I like sv650 great bike. Well good luck. Keep us posted about ur trip. R u member of adv?

Thats f*ing awsome.. U should post pics of ur bike with all touring mods. And ofcourse pics ur f*ing epic tour. I m glad u r doing this. I can only dream of.
I like sv650 great bike. Well good luck. Keep us posted about ur trip. R u member of adv?

The SV650 is a good bike and can kep up with anything upto 100 mph. Over that and a 1000cc bike will leave you for dust. UI have managed a 145 mph on the bike and that is its top end and will not budge past that unless I go off a cliff with the wind blowing from behind.

The problem comes when moving in slow traffic and having to shift through the gears so much. A bigger bike has the advantage of staying in 2nd or 3rd and some even on 4th to move off or follow in slow speed.

Will post pics next

If the ride is short and in town, sometimes I will ride without a helmet like a run to the market for stuff that can go into a backpack. But if the ride is to work or further I will ride with my helmet. That said, the grossest experience I had to date with insects was once when I rode to work on a summer day with my visor half opened -- for cooling. A very healthy sized grasshopper hit the visor's edge, severing the insect in half. The impact was powerful enough to slam the visor down. The lower right side of my face ran with a greenish goo all the way to the back of my head. I have seen dead people and have assisted skinning a deer but somehow that felt different. I was so grossed out I thought I was going to blow chunks and crash. :lol:

How many does perfect cornering skills(Bending and Leaning)?

I am trying to perfect Cornering skills in Motorcycles, ofcourse in free roads :) . Remember I'm driving a Indian Bike(Apache 180); not a SBK.
this thread started Me Trying to Achieve this skills.
[xBhp Universal Thread]: Bending and LeaningThread - xBhp.com : The Global Indian Biking Community

As someone mentioned Keith codes twist of the wrist DVD is great source. I am no expert at cornering but you can try few things that helped me better cornering.
1. Look through the turn- you go where u look. I was f*ing up even if i look through the turn. actually you should turn your head towards the corner and look through. Just eye balls wont help. Only Rossi can do it!!
2. Learn about counter steering.. you do this but you dont realise
3. Inner elbow pointing to ground
4. no death grip - dont hold handle bars too tight. relax
5. select good corner entry speed.. dont chop the throttle in the turn or brake. be in 2-3d gear=good torque.
6. ride with your balls of feet on peg.. in india we mostly use place center of the foot on peg (at least i used to)

Leaning /bending/ knee dragging whatever (you really dont have to drag knees on road) -- well this is the skill i still have to master. But safe place is to do it on Track. I have done couple of track days but still i got log way to go. may be i shud sign up for keith codes $uperbike $chool.:whistle:

Here are few tips. apart from all the above steps you have to
1. get ur butt off the seat - start with ur butt crack on inner edge of the seat..
2. stick ur knees out - if u making left corner. imagin ur toe pointing to 12'oclock .. now turn the knee to 9 o'clock.. thats where ur knee should be to begin..
3. align your head with inner mirror..
4. this is far most difficult for me - supporting your outer legs on the tanks. if u making lef turn u r supppos to suppport right legs on to tank. I just forget about what i am doing with outer legs while in corner!!
5. all of above while not chopping throttle - constant speed through out the corner.. while exiting corner just open the throttle..

All above tips are for improving rider skills. You can also do something to your bike. especially tires.
- reduce air pressure tad little.. you have play around for right combination. but BE CAREFUL!!!
- warm the tires before doing any agressive cornering
- if available in india change the tires to dual compound.. they are little xpensive but it gives you good confidence in cornering.. if its not available dont worry.
All of these skill can be bettered on track. but in india theres only one track in chennai. i hope this sport will pick up and u can do more track days.. and become better rider.. Good luck ..ride safe.. and "takeiteasy" !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom