What's new

American Muslims say they reject separate ‘sharia’ law system

Interesting to see how those enjoying the civil liberties of the West can be so vociferous about their lands of origin following sharia, but don't want it for themselves.

I was born in England and yeah ive noticed some pakistani people supporting shariah for muslim countries but the truth is they don't want it for themselves! If it was introduced half the things they do would be outlawed, lol.

BTW wasnt shariah law made a hundred years or so after the prophet(saws) died?

There is nothing in the Quran about it but the Quran does talk about laws and that they should be followed so I can understand how it may have come about but from it looks like the prophet(saws) himself didn't implement it but those who came after it so to me it's flawed based on that simple thing.

/Awaits the backlash...

I was born in England and yeah ive noticed some pakistani people supporting shariah for muslim countries but the truth is they don't want it for themselves! If it was introduced half the things they do would be outlawed, lol.

BTW wasnt shariah law made a hundred years or so after the prophet(saws) died?

There is nothing in the Quran about it but the Quran does talk about laws and that they should be followed so I can understand how it may have come about but from it looks like the prophet(saws) himself didn't implement it but those who came after it so to me it's flawed based on that simple thing.

/Awaits the backlash...

You make some good points. Let not the fear of any backlash stop you from thinking for yourself as honestly and as best as you can!

First of all, i don't believe in "Islamic-Supremacy", or any type of supremacy matter of fact, don't put words to my mouth. Second, i never called you ignorant, but i think your knowledge about Islam is very limed(Fox News knowledge). Third, you actually acused me of knowing nothing about "Sharia" or Islam Laws, and i think it is funny coming from someone who doesn't know what he was talking about, or just racist.

Racist?

is there anything remotely racist in what i wrote in those comments?

I wrote about Islam and recent Politicizing of sharia and Islam.

Yes i did 'accuse' you of knowing nothing about sharia 'cause your initial comments gave me impression of typical advocate of Islamic jurisprudence, who constantly say
Sharia has never been implemented in it's proper form
It's the Muslims countries that are at fault not the sharia
Sharia is comparable to modern law (or even better)

These are in line with communism.
communism has never been implemented in it's proper form
It's the communist countries that are at fault not the communism itself.
communism is egalitarian and futuristic.

i would like to apologize for that. But, you are prejudging me and my knowledge on Islam too.

Our diaspora pakistani community only support shariat in pakistan whilst enjoying the freedom in west

Racist?

is there anything remotely racist in what i wrote in those comments?

I wrote about Islam and recent Politicizing of sharia and Islam.

Yes i did 'accuse' you of knowing nothing about sharia 'cause your initial comments gave me impression of typical advocate of Islamic jurisprudence, who constantly say
Sharia has never been implemented in it's proper form
It's the Muslims countries that are at fault not the sharia
Sharia is comparable to modern law (or even better)

These are in line with communism.
communism has never been implemented in it's proper form
It's the communist countries that are at fault not the communism itself.
communism is egalitarian and futuristic.

i would like to apologize for that. But, you are prejudging me and my knowledge on Islam too.
Well, my apologize as well. I might have misunderstood you.... I just don't think their is a defintion to Sharia, i was asking for one. Everyone defines it from his own point of view. Islam can not be implemented, but you can act in an Islamic way. People can act Islamic, not countries. Its a religion of a nation, not a country. All i was asking is, if you want to "Implement Sharia", then define it to me first before you implement it..... Me as a Muslim, i think anything Islamic is comparable to modern law (or even better).

This thread is just as absurd as the ban on non-existant Sharia law in Missouri.

You make some good points. Let not the fear of any backlash stop you from thinking for yourself as honestly and as best as you can!
VC allow me to go off on a tangent and make it a little personal, you only seem to see honesty when you agree with it. Let's see you encourage a young guy who's thinking for himself and giving it to you honestly but you don't like what he has to say, and then we'll talk.

BTW, I like your current signature, if you could make it rhyme it'll be even better.

VC allow me to go off on a tangent and make it a little personal, you only seem to see honesty when you agree with it. Let's see you encourage a young guy who's thinking for himself and giving it to you honestly but you don't like what he has to say, and then we'll talk.

BTW, I like your current signature, if you could make it rhyme it'll be even better.

You may not see it, but I do that ALL the time, here and elsewhere. :D

you cant implement Shariah law when Muslim scholars are so divided over what even is true Shariah law.......

there are close to 8 or 9 million Muslims in the United States....tax paying, hard-working and largely law-abiding citizens --many from privileged backgrounds who are giving great names to their native countries --or countries of origin.

unlike in some EU countries, I think the U.S. did a much better job at integrating Muslims into their society.....though 9/11 did create major fissures and did create a feeling of siege for many Muslim Americans. Now the word ''Shariah'' can set off alarm bells, and that hysteria is fuelled by right-wing nuts on the fox news network

the US isnt officially a secular country; you cant really call it that....yet there is more freedom to practice religion and freedom to dress and observe religion more so than in a country like, say, France.

always remember that Islam and Muslims have played great roles in the US. Look at Malcolm X, Muhammad Ali, scores of other US-born Muslims who were motivated by Islam's egalitarian and justice and welfare-oriented teachings.

Thomas Jefferson -- one of the founding fathers of America -- kept a copy of the Holy Quran on his bookshelf @ his Virginia residence, during the days of American Revolution.

Why this hypocrisy is the question?

i, too, believe that it is good enough that muslim diaspora would obey their religious teachings at home and in their hearts when in west and that it is not hypocritical if they speak out about the necessity of religious laws in their native lands.

it is outrageous, though, if they go beyond the appearance of the law-abiding and actively serve as mouthpieces of american propaganda in pakistan or on pakistani forums, superimpose american interests on pakistan and sell all moral decency to reinterpret pakistani national interests just because they think they might be safer in u.s. when they can realign pakistani interests with american ones, even if this realignment means huge payment of pakistani blood and lives to american war on/of terrorism.

i, too, believe that it is good enough that muslim diaspora would obey their religious teachings at home and in their hearts when in west and that it is not hypocritical if they speak out about the necessity of religious laws in their native lands.

it is outrageous, though, if they go beyond the appearance of the law-abiding and actively serve as mouthpieces of american propaganda in pakistan or on pakistani forums, superimpose american interests on pakistan and sell all moral decency to reinterpret pakistani national interests just because they think they might be safer in u.s. when they can realign pakistani interests with american ones, even if this realignment means huge payment of pakistani blood and lives to american war on/of terrorism.

Your attempt at sarcastic lecturing fails miserably, unsurprisingly. :D

Back
Top Bottom