What's new

Air Force Question Thread

salamualikum to all,

guys i was thinkin abut PAF F-16's, we will need to replace them after 2025 (well I'm not sure abut the date but it's just a guess), PAF has always kept a technological edge over it's adversorie's, by keeping modern aircraft like f-16's in it's inventory, we all know that f-16 is a multirole fighter, wut i would like to ask is that in the future when we need to replace these f-16's which western jet we will be goin for????

I read somewhere that f-35's (Multirole fighter) would replace US f-16's as f-35's would in the future take over the role of f-16's for US and many other countries which includes our friend n brother nation of Turkey.

Will PAF also be lookin for F-35's after 2025 as a replacement for its F-16's, or will it be another western:usflag:jet?????:pakistan:

salamualikum to all,

guys i was thinkin abut PAF F-16's, we will need to replace them after 2025 (well I'm not sure abut the date but it's just a guess), PAF has always kept a technological edge over it's adversorie's, by keeping modern aircraft like f-16's in it's inventory, we all know that f-16 is a multirole fighter, wut i would like to ask is that in the future when we need to replace these f-16's which western jet we will be goin for????

I read somewhere that f-35's (Multirole fighter) would replace US f-16's as f-35's would in the future take over the role of f-16's for US and many other countries which includes our friend n brother nation of Turkey.

Will PAF also be lookin for F-35's after 2025 as a replacement for its F-16's, or will it be another western:usflag:jet?????:pakistan:

Hard to Answer by 2025 you might see planes more advanced than F-35, F-22. US has always kept its edge , when they gave you F-16s they had something to counter that so by the time comes and they start delivering the JSF and F-22s they might come up with something to counter that.

past present and future we can't trust USA they wil give us f16 in 80 for there benifits and now also for there WAT aly . in future if they have some thing with pakistan they can sell us f25 if no then no chance.us not behave with us like costmer.we check this so many times.so forget us and we seen any other fighter for future

True, however in my humble opinion DACT is not the responsibility of the CCS alone. They do much more than training aircraft on DACT profiles.

The PAF sqns go through yearly training camps where aircraft of various types from different sqns are pitched against each other for DACT. CCS participation in many of these exercises is on the basis of organizers, umpires etc.

Speaking of CCS, the latest batch of the combat commanders from CCS just graduated.
http://www.app.com.pk/photo/photo_lib/19-04-2008/2b68f20401733353b9cd94d271dc9437.jpg

For those unaware, the CCS is Pakistan Air Force's Weapons School similar to USAF's Warfare Center (Nellis).

Here is the picture from the CCS.

Looks like we should go back to the RPAF standards , no beards only mustache. Only ground officers can keep Breads. The guy has such a big beard that the oxy mask wount fit properly, gets into Hypoxia and its all over.

Hypoxia is a lack of sufficient oxygen in the body cells or tissues caused by an inadequate supply of oxygen, inadequate transportation of oxygen, or inability of the body tissues to use oxygen. A common misconception among many pilots who are inexperienced in high-altitude flight operations and who have not been exposed to physiological training is that it is possible to recognize the symptoms of hypoxia and to take corrective action before becoming seriously impaired. While this concept may be appealing in theory, it is both misleading and dangerous for an untrained crewmember. Symptoms of hypoxia vary from pilot to pilot, but one of the earliest effects of hypoxia is impairment of judgment. Other symptoms can include one or more of the following:
(1) Behavioral changes (e.g., a sense of euphoria).
(2) Poor coordination.
(3) Discoloration at the fingernail beds (cyanosis).
(4) Sweating.
(5) Increased breathing rate, headache, sleepiness, or fatigue.
(6) Loss or deterioration of vision.
(7) Light-headedness or dizzy sensations and listlessness.
(8) Tingling or warm sensations.
While other significant effects of hypoxia usually do not occur in a healthy pilot in an un-pressurized aircraft below 12,000 feet, there is no assurance that this will always be the case. The onset of hypoxic symptoms may seriously affect the safety of flight and may well occur even in short periods of exposure to altitudes from 12,000 to 15,000 feet. The ability to take corrective measures may be totally lost in 5 minutes at 22,000 feet. However, that time would be reduced to only 7 to 10 seconds at 40,000 feet and the crewmember may suffer total loss of consciousness soon thereafter and lose an Aircraft and then blame PAF for having bad planes or older planes.

Murad,

You are correct. Hypoxia maybe compared to carbonmonoxide poisioning. When you go to sleep, there is no coming out of it.

I think PAF should be very clear on not growing facial hair---regardless air or ground crew---there is no place for a beard in the armed forces.

Murad,

You are correct. Hypoxia maybe compared to carbonmonoxide poisioning. When you go to sleep, there is no coming out of it.

I think PAF should be very clear on not growing facial hair---regardless air or ground crew---there is no place for a beard in the armed forces.

MK, mechanical hypoxia and carbon monoxide poisioning (which is also hypoxia) are two very different physiological phenomena with radically different mechanisms and reactions and are hence incomparable.

Energon,

Agreed---one is like explosion the other is like implosion. I wasn't talking about the similiar chemical part of the reaction, but even in them not being similiar, they both reach a point of no return where a human being loses senses and goes past into the beyond.

So, other than that the person is dead, the rest is left to aesthetics.

True, however in my humble opinion DACT is not the responsibility of the CCS alone. They do much more than training aircraft on DACT profiles.

The PAF sqns go through yearly training camps where aircraft of various types from different sqns are pitched against each other for DACT. CCS participation in many of these exercises is on the basis of organizers, umpires etc.

Speaking of CCS, the latest batch of the combat commanders from CCS just graduated.
http://www.app.com.pk/photo/photo_lib/19-04-2008/2b68f20401733353b9cd94d271dc9437.jpg

For those unaware, the CCS is Pakistan Air Force's Weapons School similar to USAF's Warfare Center (Nellis).

true again - i was merely trying to answer the bloke's inquiry about DCAT.

guys, i was readin abut the purchase by PAF of 500 AIM 120C-5 which have a range of 65mi/105Km, this is enough in the BVR, very happy that PAF will inshallah get them, but wut i would like to ask is, which missile is PAF goin to arm itself in the BVRAAM range, which can easily take out any fighter, will it be the MBDA Meteor, or the AIM-120D/205km (130 mi)????

anyway i got information about both these missiles, i would vote for Meteor, it's in the makin but if purchased, sale of the missile cannot be blocked as compared to American AIM-120D missiles (if purchased), by their congress!!!!!

MBDA Corporate Site

AIM-120 AMRAAM - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

just think, BVRAAM side by side with AMRAAM on our F-16's, J-10's, n our very impressive low cost fighter JF-17, it will be a force to rekon with:sniper:

views welcome:pakistan:

it says on wiki in paf article that already they inducted 28 jf-17s into the airforce is this true ? it seems much faster than i imagined .

sir can some has info abut pakistan have MI 24 HIND i read that only one in service ?

sir can some has info abut pakistan have MI 24 HIND i read that only one in service ?

2 of them and they were the ones PAF got them to surrender in Air.
Have you seen Chalire wilsons war the figures of there fighters taken down by stingers are all wrong they are the figures PAF planes shot down not the stingers.

Back
Top Bottom