What's new

Air Force Question Thread

It takes our airmen appox 45 min to change its configuration from a trainer to a fighter.

6de5cbc20c33fb21234aecc713e63cd0.jpg

c2d7a6baa28dd97d3ca2be7d31c8abe4.jpg

b78433b211b4225b8e67e7e873132fc2.jpg

i want to know if our K-8s are also used in light attacks for traning porpuse..

as you can see above they can some air forces are using them as fighters but we at PAF are using them for training.

Can somebody tell me about the engine of K-8
is it western or chineese?
Also i believe due to slow speed , this aircraft may be employed for counter insurgency ops....
Any comment?

Can somebody tell me about the engine of K-8
is it western or chineese?
Also i believe due to slow speed , this aircraft may be employed for counter insurgency ops....
Any comment?

Crew: 2 (trainer and trainee)
Engine: Garrett TFE-731-2A-2A Turbo fan
Wing Span: 9.36 m
Length: 11.06 m
Maximum Speed: 702 miles/hour

e7995671ec8032f8f4dbcce9c4d802e7.jpg

I dont think so they stopped the production on K-8 in Kamra. Engine problems.
PAF ordered 27 K-8s a couple years back, presently being delivered from China. The engine issue has been solved as it is now equipped with a Chinese system.

PAF ordered 27 K-8s a couple years back, presently being delivered from China. The engine issue has been solved as it is now equipped with a Chinese system.

in the 1st batch 8 were delivered. then the US imposed the embargo on the garrett/collins engine. production was stalled. remember the PAF wanted 80 of these birds (can someone answer why?)
then 911 came and the US and Pak were chums again. a further 28 K-8s were ordered which are being delivered but with the same garrett/collins engine and avionics. the chinese engine was rejected.(Mark Sien-u can correct me on that)
so now we will have 2 sqdns of K-8 for AJT. but i think the K-8 is not the right platform to train our future pilots on jet flying. we need something superior and there are a lot of options available. turkey has selected the S.Korean T-50 as the AJT. this could be a possibility for the PAF also considering the close military ties with the S.Koreans.

after the JF17 induct fully in paf. what we have to next plane making?

There is no plan so far. However, we hope that Pakistan collaborates in the Chinese 5th generation fighter programme.

in the 1st batch 8 were delivered. then the US imposed the embargo on the garrett/collins engine. production was stalled. remember the PAF wanted 80 of these birds (can someone answer why?)
then 911 came and the US and Pak were chums again. a further 28 K-8s were ordered which are being delivered but with the same garrett/collins engine and avionics. the chinese engine was rejected.(Mark Sien-u can correct me on that)
so now we will have 2 sqdns of K-8 for AJT. but i think the K-8 is not the right platform to train our future pilots on jet flying. we need something superior and there are a lot of options available. turkey has selected the S.Korean T-50 as the AJT. this could be a possibility for the PAF also considering the close military ties with the S.Koreans.
PAF stopped ordering K-8s in the 1990s because the T-37s got a Life Extension Program, and the PAF decided to fly them through completely. Overall 33 K-8s were ordered since 2001-2002 and I have not heard about anyone continuing the U.S. engine...the Chinese system is standard. PAF will probably continue procuring K-8s to replace the T-37s - overall looking at 75 aircraft.

For AJT & LIFT the PAF will use twin-seat JF-17.

For AJT & LIFT the PAF will use twin-seat JF-17.

dont think JF-17 will sute for AJT.
i think the best choice for PAF will probibly be to have about 25 more K-8s to buring the fleet to 50 or so and buy two squadron of new Chinese advance jet tranier L-15.

wich one have best radar anr range IAF falcon vs PAF SAAB2000 ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom