What's new

WikiLeaks: Narendra Modi, the lone honest Indian politician

Yea - I know what I am talking about when I make a comparison to Hitler and his rise to power and compare that to Modi's rise - I've written a book on WW-2.

:lol: I can only imagine what an amazing book that would be. Anyways I said what I wanted to say. I am out of this tu tu main main.

self-delete - not worth it

See, the flaw with your thinking is that Jews were not voting for Hitler 10 years after he came to power. Whereas a substantial number of Muslims are voting for Modi today. You need to engage with voices like Madhu Kishwar.

You have also not explained why politicians like Rajiv Gandhi, who have committed far more heinous butchery than Modi is alleged to have committed even by his most rabid critics, are not compared by you to Hitler.

I didn't realize Hitler could ever be mentioned in a positive way - you learn something new everyday.

You are right about the double standards. But simply because a mistake was made in the past in electing Indira/Rajiv does not mean you have to elect another divisive figure.

Yea - I know what I am talking about when I make a comparison to Hitler and his rise to power and compare that to Modi's rise - I've written a book on WW-2.
Apart from mishandling of 2002 Riots .Its been more than 11 years.I haven't seen Modi Making any communal statements against any community. Don't know What Kind of Shiietbag Author you are that you are Comparing him to Hitler . Fortunately People In India are too grown up and mature to fall for Tantrums of your Ilk.

What anger of 600 years are you talking about?

You do realize that I have the right to air my views. And I don't remember the last time there was a power cut in Bombay. Let me assure you, it was not by a spell.

is obvious.

I don't doubt he is incorruptible. So was Hitler. The thing with tyrants is that they genuinely see themselves as messiahs who will save the nation. Hitler was cheered on too by the adoring crowds. The problem is that there is no sane alternative. I would much rather see a Nitish Kumar be the PM than Modi. I liked Manmohan Singh in his first term - if he had hung his boots then he would go down as one of the better PMs of the country - not quite Vajpayee or Shastri - just a notch lower. His second term has reduced him to a joke - he will be spoken of in the same breath as Deve Gowda now. Unfortunately, I see the cult of Modi growing everywhere. It is more than likely he will be the PM. But 40-50 years from now, future generations will look at us the the same way as the Germans looked at their grandparents who willingly ceded all power to the oratorical skill of Hitler.

The senario's in both the cases of Hitler and Namo is different..

Hitler was commited to make Germany stronger.. He wanted to avenge the humiliation of WW1..

While in case NaMo, he wants to make India developed, corruption free and self reliant... Have you watched somebody in village die due to hunger... I have.. Better be NaMo who has a vision of empowerment of Nation and nationals rather than thoes corrupt politicians who just keep on increasing deposites in their swiss accounts..

"Hindu" terror? 3 months into the job and hence he is not really responsible for the law and order in the state? Muslims - the way you generalize did not start the riots. Some Muslims killed innocent Hindus and then innocent Muslims were killed as well. Please don't generalize about communities.

And the lack of a rational counter argument leads some to merely hurl insults - it is like wrestling with a pig in the mud - you are gonna get dirty, the pig's gonna enjoy it.

Modi or not, the riot would have happened. Gujarat has a history of communal riots, whats impressive though is that ever since 2002 Gujarat has been very peaceful.

I am not against criticism, but maybe its time to give this Gujarat riot hullabaloo a rest. And drawing parallels between Modi and Hitler is downright pathetic.

riottable11.png

Of the 17 riots mentioned in Table 1, nine took place under Congress/Allies rule, three under President’s Rule, four under other parties and one under BJP rule. President’s rule includes Kanpur and Bhopal, which could be included under BJP rule because party state governments were dismissed in the aftermath of the events of 6 December 1992.

Prior to 2002, there were four riots in Ahmedabad with a toll of 912, and three riots in Surat and Vadodara with a toll of 197. One holds no brief for Narendra Modi but most intellectuals have failed to highlight the fact that Gujarat has a history of Hindu-Muslim riots. They also forget that about 30 percent of the 1,267 killed in the post-Godhra violence were from the majority community.

Not just Modi: Guide to riots before 2002 and after | Firstpost

Modi or not, the riot would have happened. Gujarat has a history of communal riots, whats impressive though is that ever since 2002 Gujarat has been very peaceful.

I am not against criticism, but maybe its time to give this Gujarat riot hullabaloo a rest. And drawing parallels between Modi and Hitler is downright pathetic.

riottable11.png

Not just Modi: Guide to riots before 2002 and after | Firstpost

Thanks a lot for providing these facts....in BJP rule only one riot happened and they became culprit of the History where are Congress id the king of riots.....

total the number of death
BJP Rule - 1267
Congress Rule - 5108

Who is Maut ka saudagar

Thanks a lot for providing these facts....in BJP rule only one riot happened and they became culprit of the History where are Congress id the king of riots.....

total the number of death
BJP Rule - 1267
Congress Rule - 5108

Who is Maut ka saudagar

This is the tally of riots where 100 or more people died. There are dozens if not hundreds of other smaller riots, which have taken place/orchestrated by Congressi scum bags.

Firstly, the comparison is not based on the genocide but the oratorical skill of both men, their national ambitions at the same point in the careers, their charisma and their hero-worshipping cult. Hitler did not commit genocide till he was in national power. Of course that was 1939-43 and this is 2013 so while there will not be concentration camps and gas chambers - there is no doubt that Modi's appeal is limited to Hindus - quite unlike a Gandhi, Bose or Patel.

3 months into administration is no excuse. Israel went to war a day after getting independence and managed to win. Yes, there would have been no riots without Godhra. I would like the Prime Minister of India to be a unifying force - like a Shastri or a Vajpayee - not the kind of divisive force that Modi is bound to become.

Thats way too random a comparison,there are too many people across all ideologies with oratorical skills,charishma etc whereas i can show so many mere talkers in India especially communist leaders who survived decades purely from mere talk and no action.

And how come the universal appeal of Gandhi/Bose/Patel did not prevent a partition,as much as people would like to believe they were just Hindu leaders and Jinnah/Iqbal/Ch.Rehmat Ali etc were the Muslims leaders,partition is the testimony to that.

Israel went to a war a day after independence?

Do you know about the zionist movement and the extensive planning behind it,they have been planning for 50 years before the war broke out in Palestine.

Modi is not a divisive force,your mind is divisive.

Doing nothing is a great policy to have but Congress always gets the timing wrong on this.

Firstly, the comparison is not based on the genocide but the oratorical skill of both men, their national ambitions at the same point in the careers, their charisma and their hero-worshipping cult. Hitler did not commit genocide till he was in national power. Of course that was 1939-43 and this is 2013 so while there will not be concentration camps and gas chambers - there is no doubt that Modi's appeal is limited to Hindus - quite unlike a Gandhi, Bose or Patel.

3 months into administration is no excuse. Israel went to war a day after getting independence and managed to win. Yes, there would have been no riots without Godhra. I would like the Prime Minister of India to be a unifying force - like a Shastri or a Vajpayee - not the kind of divisive force that Modi is bound to become.

Then who you want?? Rahul Gandhi, who in his last 10 years of politics couldn't do a single good thing, who has got no-vision, who iwas not able complete his graduation, who just do rants and no development... or the current MMS who is called as Maun Mohan singh...

Apart from mishandling of 2002 Riots .Its been more than 11 years.I haven't seen Modi Making any communal statements against any community. Don't know What Kind of Shiietbag Author you are that you are Comparing him to Hitler . Fortunately People In India are too grown up and mature to fall for Tantrums of your Ilk.

Yes, your maturity shines through.

Then who you want?? Rahul Gandhi, who in his last 10 years of politics couldn't do a single good thing, who has got no-vision, who iwas not able complete his graduation, who just rants and no development... or the current MMS who is called as Maun Mohan singh...

Actually I would like the BJP to come to power with its allies (NDA) and choose a guy like Nitish Kumar to be PM.

Thats way too random a comparison,there are too many people across all ideologies with oratorical skills,charishma etc whereas i can show so many mere talkers in India especially communist leaders who survived decades purely from mere talk and no action.

And how come the universal appeal of Gandhi/Bose/Patel did not prevent a partition,as much as people would like to believe they were just Hindu leaders and Jinnah/Iqbal/Ch.Rehmat Ali etc were the Muslims leaders,partition is the testimony to that.

Israel went to a war a day after independence?

Do you know about the zionist movement and the extensive planning behind it,they have been planning for 50 years before the war broke out in Palestine.

Modi is not a divisive force,your mind is divisive.

Doing nothing is a great policy to have but Congress always gets the timing wrong on this.

Bose was ousted from the Congress - it is a shame he wasn't around - if we had won independence through his means, India would have been a different country. As it is - he did more for independence than all of the Congress leaders combined (excluding Gandhi) - and since he died in '45 - how could he have prevented partition.

Today's Hindustan Times

http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-news/Ahmedabad/Vibrant-Gujarat-Half-of-state-is-battling-drought/Article1-1040100.aspx

The impending crisis — which has hit three of Gujarat’s six regions, Saurashtra, Kutch and north Gujarat — was obvious since December but it had managed to elude the eyes of the state government.

And now, while chief minister Narendra Modi is busy selling his development model across the country, at home, thousands are walking miles under the scorching sun to get water to drink.

Around 250 dams in Saurashtra and Kutch are dry or about to go dry. The scarcity has hit more than 4,000 villages and nearly 100 towns.

On March 26, revenue minister Anandiben Patel said 3,918 villages across 10 districts (out of 26 districts) had been declared “scarcity hit”.

The government, Patel said, would supply water tankers and the forest department would provide subsidised fodder. But it was a case of too little, too late.

In most of the drought-hit areas, people don’t get water even once a week.

Saurashtra’s Amreli town gets a one-hour supply of water once a fortnight. Botad and Ghogha towns in Bhavnagar get water once in 20 days.

Over the last 20 days, bandhs were observed in Amreli and Junagadh. At the end of March, the BJP legislator from Junagadh, Mahendra Mashru, held a five-day fast.

“For four months, parts of Rajkot city have been facing acute shortage,” said a local, Bhavesh Boricha. The main sources for water are the Aji and Nyari dams, which are almost empty.

“All dams in Amreli district are empty as well. We use bullock carts to bring water from my field, which is 5 km from the town,” said Bipin Radadia, a resident of Babra village of Amreli district.

The situation is worse in rural areas. Farmers and cattle breeders of Saurashtra and Kutch are moving to south Gujarat.

“There was scanty rainfall last year and the crisis was looming since December,” said former chief minister Keshubhai Patel.

A senior official in the state secretariat, however, said the crisis was as much man-made as natural. “Just before the assembly polls, the CM had inaugurated the Navda Botad Narmada pipeline project for Bhavnagar, but not a drop of water reached, since the pipeline is only half finished,” he said.

The opposition Congress has lost no time in picking up the issue.

On April 10, a Jal Yatra is to be launched from Dwarka in Jamnagar district.

“Instead of providing water, the chief minister is lecturing people on development and good governance,” said Congress leader Shaktisinh Gohil.

are you telling me that East Bengal would have voted against partition if Bose was alive?

and you seriously believe this notion?

The Two Nation theory has been floating around for a very long time and even when the Chittagong uprising happened/armed revolution attempts in Calcutta,Muslims elites were never a part of it and the Awam was always with them,the likes of suhawardy and all.

so,when was Bose ever a leader of the muslim common man?

And drought is a common factor,Modi has a good enough administration which handle the situation,you are talking as if there has never been a drought in the region before in Saurashtra/Kutch?

I have seen Congress sitting on much bigger time bombs and getting blown also.

are you telling me that East Bengal would have voted against partition if Bose was alive?

and you seriously believe this notion?

The Two Nation theory has been floating around for a very long time and even when the Chittagong uprising happened/armed revolution attempts in Calcutta,Muslims elites were never a part of it and the Awam was always with them,the likes of suhawardy and all.

so,when was Bose ever a leader of the muslim common man?

And drought is a common factor,Modi has a good enough administration which handle the situation,you are talking as if there has never been a drought in the region before in Saurashtra/Kutch?

I have seen Congress sitting on much bigger time bombs and getting blown also.

It would not have come down to a vote because if the Bose plan had succeeded we would have won our independence through an armed uprising and not because Attlee happened to defeat Churchill in the election in the UK.

Back
Top Bottom