What's new

Why pray in Arabic and not in a language we understand?

The followers of any religion ARE the embodiment of the religion as the rest of the world sees them.

we are not show offs my friend,we follow a religion because we want to...Show offs wont get anything..worry less about what the world thinks about us.and worry more about self correction,that should be the plan.
Muslims have started to judge their religion totally on what the rest of the world thinks about us,and thats wrong..We are not here to perform popularity stunts.

we are not show offs my friend,we follow a religion because we want to...Show offs wont get anything..worry less about what the world thinks about us.and worry more about self correction,that should be the plan.
Muslims have started to judge their religion totally on what the rest of the world thinks about us,and thats wrong..We are not here to perform popularity stunts.

Showing off? You have missed my point totally, so let me rephrase it.

The followers of any religion ARE the embodiment of the religion as the rest of the world sees them. What this means is that your question about as to who is blamed - Islam or Muslims - are NOT different, as you contended, but are exactly the same.

One cannot blow oneself up in the name of any religion, and then claim with a straight face that it is a religion of peace. Get it?

Proclaimed high ideals will always fall before actual practice. Get it now?

We pray in Arabic because Quran-e-Karim has come to us in Arabic through our prophet(s.a.w.s). Many of our mother languge is not English yet we try hard as hell to read, write and understand English language because it's benefit is immediate whereas most Muslim decided not learn Arabic because there is no immediate benefit unless he or she end up in middle east. So basically Muslims are more concern about this world then after world although Quran tells us that this world is very short compare to after world. This is where emaan takes over logics.

Many people ask me why I do not consume pork. My answer to them always has been because Allah told me not to. No need to further elborate.

So us non-Arabic speakers are destined for hell? What about the people who lived before Arabic evolved? What about ancient Chinese people, South Pacific Islanders, Native Americans?
Sir on the day of Judgement they will automatically speak Arabic

While going through the thread, a question came in my mind that 'why not learn the Arabic, instead of praying in our own language'?

While going through the thread, a question came in my mind that 'why not learn the Arabic, instead of praying in our own language'?

it doesnt look an issue to me personally, all muslims are now used to pray in arabic, you recite the Quran in arabic and that is it. The only thing which I say in Persian is the Niat when I first start namaz. But there is a bigger question that many people dont understand what they say in their Namaz. With largely illiterate populatioan, you cant expect them to learn another langauge.

simple certain things will be lost in traslation & on the day of judgement everyone will rise & would know arabic. arabic is the language which is best descriptive language of all. hence Allah challenged in quran for someone to come up with a verse like this.

if pakistanis can die to learn english why not learn arabic? infact if you look at history people copied arabic manuscripts inorder to learn muslims medical and mathematical knowledge. so just because the "english" are in control of the world the world talks and does business in english when the portuguese were in control they made nations and continents speak in their language!

as for illetrate population prophet had many followers who were not arab speakers like SALMAN FARSI but inorder to learn the religion he learnt the language!

it doesnt look an issue to me personally, all muslims are now used to pray in arabic, you recite the Quran in arabic and that is it. The only thing which I say in Persian is the Niat when I first start namaz. But there is a bigger question that many people dont understand what they say in their Namaz. With largely illiterate populatioan, you cant expect them to learn another langauge.

At the very outset, why they pray Namaz? bcaz they are eager to perform the basic duty as provided in Islam. So if they pray Namaz, then who stops them to move a bit further to understand what they are saying. For the purpose they can get the entire Namaz Translated in their own language.

Sir I know many people who can't write urdu but know how to read Arabic and their language is not arabic

Sir I know many people who can't write urdu but know how to read Arabic and their language is not arabic

how should i believe this? Urdo and arabic are written by the same alphabet. And by the way, reading is something and understanding is something else.

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

At the very outset, why they pray Namaz? bcaz they are eager to perform the basic duty as provided in Islam. So if they pray Namaz, then who stops them to move a bit further to understand what they are saying. For the purpose they can get the entire Namaz Translated in their own language.

We recite different parts of the Quran in our Namaz, if it was only one specific part then you could translate it, but we are talking about the whole Quran.

how should i believe this? Urdo and arabic are written by the same alphabet. And by the way, reading is something and understanding is something else.

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

We recite different parts of the Quran in our Namaz, if it was only one specific part then you could translate it, but we are talking about the whole Quran.
At least they can understand now a days translation is also available in Tapes CDS or you can watch on TV

simple certain things will be lost in traslation & on the day of judgement everyone will rise & would know arabic. arabic is the language which is best descriptive language of all. hence Allah challenged in quran for someone to come up with a verse like this.

if pakistanis can die to learn english why not learn arabic? infact if you look at history people copied arabic manuscripts inorder to learn muslims medical and mathematical knowledge. so just because the "english" are in control of the world the world talks and does business in english when the portuguese were in control they made nations and continents speak in their language!

as for illetrate population prophet had many followers who were not arab speakers like SALMAN FARSI but inorder to learn the religion he learnt the language!

The illiterate populatin dont know english, vast majority of people cant undestand english, so that is not something we can compare. Salman Farsi knew arabic perhaps he was living among the arabs.

To understand the whole Quran, you can use the translated version. My reply was entire in relation to the subject of thread. Since Namaz uses a few aayahs of Quran, then it is not that hard to understand what we are praying, i mean what we are saying in our namaz. Simple.

To understand the whole Quran, you can use the translated version. My reply was entire in relation to the subject of thread. Since Namaz uses a few aayahs of Quran, then it is not that hard to understand what we are praying, i mean what we are saying in our namaz. Simple.

The problem is.. to what end is religion to be allowed to deteriorate..?
Eventually even prayers will become the target of question.. how many.. how to?? etc.
And we will all end up at sunday sermons at the mosque.. perhaps even a monthly sermon will suffice???

The problem is.. to what end is religion to be allowed to deteriorate..?
Eventually even prayers will become the target of question.. how many.. how to?? etc.
And we will all end up at sunday sermons at the mosque.. perhaps even a monthly sermon will suffice???

Rightly said. Like I have a hindu friend, he sometimes argues with me about doing sajda to Allah. He says, that you people also do sajda to a stone building (Kaaba), although your neeyat is to do it for Allah.

Back
Top Bottom