What's new

Why Indian intelligence doesn't work too well in Pakistan

lol - So we're supposed to believe what a indian spy says to hide incompetency of Indian Intel?

You are free to believe in whatever you want to believe..like some Pakistanis see RAW in everything while this TOI article says that RAW is incapable of doing anything in Pakistan.

And she handed over a highly classified list which was kept in her PM office. I mean comeon it wasn't a bill.

Whatever it is I hope after this article Pakistanis will stop criticizing RAW for every evil in their country.

Ask an Indian intelligence official about the challenge involved in tracking Lashkar-e-Taiba operatives inside Pakistan and they all give the same answer . Most officers who have served in Pakistan say that India has the capability to hit the terror group in Pakistan, but the government doesn't allow such covert actions. "We don't do covert operations like the CIA, MI6 and Mossad. This doesn't mean that we don't have the capability. Given a chance, we could prove equal to all these agencies," says a former officer.

But sources in the R&AW , India's external agency, say India lacks both political will and the capability to carry out a hit inside Pakistan. "We do not have the mandate to do what Mossad does. Our charter does not include the job of getting (or assassinating) people from other countries. If such political will is there, the agency would be able to do it," says a senior RAW official.

The reason why Indian Intelligence is 'allegedly' crappy is because the Govt doesn't allow it do to its work? :lol: Give me a break...

Sorry Indians, your intelligence officials are insulting your intelligence by saying this...though some of you are gobbling it up like naive dolts...:P

Topic discussed to death? Lol. Only two pages and more than half of the posts were pure trolling posts.

By that measure, most of the topics here are spoilt by trolling posts. They do not even leave the topics about security forces' deaths.

By that measure, most of the topics here are spoilt by trolling posts. They do not even leave the topics about security forces' deaths.

This is exactly what I said earlier but where is your point/source?

Whatever it is I hope after this article Pakistanis will stop criticizing RAW for every evil in their country.

Prolly you missed alternative way mentioned in the article.. Much safer than involving own agents.

In fact, over the past two decades the agency has even lost some of its capability for covert operations abroad. "During the 1980s, the agency used to have two Counter Intelligence Teams (CITs) in Pakistan: one targeting the country and the other targeting Khalistani militant infrastructure. However, during Prime Minister I K Gujral's time, both these teams were dismantled and the extensive human intelligence network in Pakistan was scaled down," says another official. "Done purely on moral grounds, this severely affected our capability. That structure h a s a s yet not been restored as the political class here believes that covert operations spoil bilateral relations," he adds. The agency, sources say, now conducts operations primarily by paying money to local operatives in Pakistan instead of its own agents. But such groups can't hit out at ISI-protected figures like Hafiz Saeed and Dawood Ibrahim. Another former officer , who has spent a considerable time studying these outfits, attributes it to the fundamental difference between India and Pakistan in dealing with espionage. "It takes a great deal of money and time to cultivate sources in foreign soil. We don't have either in plenty, unlike countries in the West

Yes Raw is dangerous agency and active in Afghanistan to send afghan terrorist in Pakistan. That is why ISI blasted India embassy where Raw were busy with black plans. This was clear message from ISI to Raw to stop civilian killing in Pakistan.
Also raw member were arrested in Lahore and karachi with suicide jackets and other grenade stuff.

We need more ground units based in Pakistan to track LET/JUD we should use Afghanistan as a operating base for this.

Yes Raw is dangerous agency and active in Afghanistan to send afghan terrorist in Pakistan. That is why ISI blasted India embassy where Raw were busy with black plans. This was clear message from ISI to Raw to stop civilian killing in Pakistan.
Also raw member were arrested in Lahore and karachi with suicide jackets and other grenade stuff.

Absolute lies. I stand by what is said in this article. RAW is an incapable intelligence agency.

Absolute lies. I stand by what is said in this article. RAW is an incapable intelligence agency.

Buddy thats not the case RAW is very capable but has had it's wings clipped by the likes of Gujral

On 15 January 2010, in a successful snatch operation R&AW agents nabbed Sheikh Abdul Khwaja, one of the handlers of the 26/11 attacks, chief of HuJI India operations and a most wanted terror suspect in India, from Colombo, Sri Lanka, and brought him over to Hyderabad, India for formal arrest

Lol. Indian Intelligence agency sounds like an insecure teenage girl.

Back
Top Bottom