What's new

Why China's upcoming visit should be viewed w/ caution.

Let's keep poor India out of debate as of now. Can you tell me why the rich European countries and US complains about quality of your products. I gave an example of drywall in my last post. Second example will be Lenovo..Ever since IBM sold Thinkpad to Lenovo, the laptop has lost all its credibility and now the hardware keeps crashing every now and then. Mind it original Thinkpad was considered one sturdy trustworthy Lappy and now after Lenovo take over lots of US companies are switching over from Thinkpad to other manufacturers. Did that ring a bell for you ultra rich Chinese?

Source? Is talking something without a reasonable source a indian culture? It seems most indian members on this forum like talking basing on nothing. The following is my source, where is yours? Please dont give me some blogs as your source..........

Lenovo and Apple alone increase laptop sales | Thinkpads.com - News, Reviews, Coupons, Deals on ThinkPad & IdeaPad Laptop computers
http://www.bestcovery.com/best-ultraportable-laptop
http://www.best-rated-laptops-guide.com/best_rated_laptops.html
PC Market Rises On Notebook Sales; HP, Dell, Acer Hold Top Rankings -- PCs -- InformationWeek

Last edited:
Cannt blame them bro we just keep on taking their hard earned cash in exchange of goods no body want except indian lol

India has a good export for its size and we make quality products but everyone has to care about about chinese second class products as they are cheap. :lol:

India has a good export for its size and we make quality products but everyone has to care about about chinese second class products as they are cheap. :lol:

So, why the whole world keep on purchasing them to make china rich.:cheesy: And I havnt seen any product made in india during my past 30 years life except curry.:coffee:

Source? Is talking something without a reasonable source a indian culture? It seems most indian members on this forum like talking basing on nothing. The following is my source, where is yours? Please dont give me some blogs as your source..........

Lenovo and Apple alone increase laptop sales | Thinkpads.com - News, Reviews, Coupons, Deals on ThinkPad & IdeaPad Laptop computers
Best Ultraportable Laptop – Reviews and Rankings | Bestcovery
The 10 Best Rated Laptops Reviewed
PC Market Rises On Notebook Sales; HP, Dell, Acer Hold Top Rankings -- PCs -- InformationWeek

Dude, lets not generalize and talk about culture thingi. Regarding poor quality of Lenovo-- Buddy, I have first hand experience of using various models of Thinkpad as well as Lenovo so I very well know from my own experience what's the difference between original Thinkpad and new Lenovo series. I used Thinkpad for years and it never gave me any problems but Lenovo with in a year my IT department had to replace the motherboard twice.

if you don't believe me look at some of the complaints at consumeraffair.com

Consumer Complaints about Lenovo Computers

More complaints

My3cents.com - Lenovo complaints and reviews

About sales -

Lenovo Plunges As Rivals Gain

Lenovo is no 1 in China which is driving its growth but in US market they have gone down to 4th ranking after Dell, HP and Acer. Now do you realize the difference between Thinkpad which was once a leader and Lenovo. I don't know why Lenovo laptops are priciest of all apart from Apple but sill lacks the quality.

Last edited:
interesting. the first question I want to ask is what india can export to China?

you even need to import power generator from China, what you expect China to buy from you?

Curry? Sorry, we don't like it.

can you answer the same idiotic question???

What can china export to US??
Open your mind & think before posting rant here.
US has everything from technology to resources,so how can china lagging behind US in technology,skill manage to export huge amount of goods.

Importing generator does not mean that generators are manufactured here..

Dude, lets not generalize and talk about culture thingi. Regarding poor quality of Lenovo-- Buddy, I have first hand experience of using various models of Thinkpad as well as Lenovo so I very well know from my own experience what's the difference between original Thinkpad and new Lenovo series. I used Thinkpad for years and it never gave me any problems but Lenovo with in a year my IT department had to replace the hardboard twice.

More complaints

About sales -

Lenovo is no 1 in China which is driving its growth but in US market they have gone down to 4th ranking after Dell, HP and Acer. Now do you realize the difference between Thinkpad which was once a leader and Lenovo. I don't know why but Lenovo laptops are still the priciest of all apart from Apple but sill lacks the quality.

not only in U.S my friend,Lenovo heavily sucks in the poor India also

HP,HCL,Sony and Dell had almost captured the entire market,Apple is also doing good

Lenovo is nowere to b seen,basically people dont trust it due to its poor quality.

Even the Taiwanese based Acer is ahead of them.

Dude, lets not generalize and talk about culture thingi. Regarding poor quality of Lenovo-- Buddy, I have first hand experience of using various models of Thinkpad as well as Lenovo so I very well know from my own experience what's the difference between original Thinkpad and new Lenovo series. I used Thinkpad for years and it never gave me any problems but Lenovo with in a year my IT department had to replace the hardboard twice.

More complaints

About sales -

Lenovo is no 1 in China which is driving its growth but in US market they have gone down to 4th ranking after Dell, HP and Acer. Now do you realize the difference between Thinkpad which was once a leader and Lenovo. I don't know why but Lenovo laptops are still the priciest of all apart from Apple but sill lacks the quality.

Oh, again. Could you just please think logically. Every vendor's laptop has her quality problem, I didnt say lenovo is perfect and if you wanna see customer complaints I can give you. Just google, you can find thousands complants of dell hp and apple.

complaints dell - Google ŒŸõ

Lenovo is no 1 in China which is driving its growth but in US market they have gone down to 4th ranking after Dell, HP and Acer.
:hitwall:Are you kidding me? I think you need some homeworks. There is no having gone down to 4th ranking, thinkpad is not origined from US, it is origined from japan. Before Lenovo bought thinkpad, lenovo had almostly no market sharing in North America, so what are you comparing with? And my source shows lenovo make thinkpad market sharing grow year by year comparing IBM time. What is your source and point? By the way, dont use you personal experience, that is nothing in a debate, give me a reanable figure/source said thinkpad maket sharing rate in US has gone down after lenovo bought it. Otherwise stop talking basing on nothing. Is my point clear?

HP,HCL,Sony and Dell had almost captured the entire market,Apple is also doing good

Lenovo is nowere to b seen,basically people dont trust it due to its poor quality.

My guess is right. It seems saying talking without any sources is a common indian culture is perfect right.

Is any indian laptop vendor listed on the top sell list in US, in Japan or in the world even in india???:smitten: pity.

:hitwall:Are you kidding me? I think you need some homeworks. There is no having gone down to 4th ranking, thinkpad is not origined from US, it is origined from japan. Before Lenovo bought thinkpad, lenovo had almostly no market sharing in North America, so what are you comparing with? And my source shows lenovo make thinkpad market sharing grow year by year comparing IBM time. What is your source and point? By the way, dont use you personal experience, that is nothing in a debate, give me a reanable figure/source said thinkpad maket sharing rate in US has gone down after lenovo bought it. Otherwise stop talking basing on nothing. Is my point clear?

i think he is right,lenovo have a very miserable market share in U.S

lenovo's market share is just 8.7 % compared to dell and HP's 20 and 16 %

Even acer is ahead of lenovo at 10%,and toshiba at above 5 %.both r growing up by 51 and 34% compared to 0.5 % of lenovo.

http://http://www.thinkpads.com/2009/07/16/lenovo-increases-global-market-share-dell-takes-1-in-us/

My guess is right. It seems saying talking without any sources is a common indian culture is perfect right.

Prove it otherwise,can u:disagree:

Is any indian laptop vendor listed on the top sell list in US, in Japan or in the world even in india???:smitten: pity.

India is not a market leader as per ur vision,then from were the poor India came from,and yes HCL is in top 5 in India

For the bold part:

Are you freaking crazy? Lol don't make yourself laughing stock by sharing such a shocking things with us.

Below is something for you to clear your misconceptions first.

IBM introduced the ThinkPad line in 1992. The name "ThinkPad" had roots in IBM's corporate history and culture. Thomas J. Watson, Sr., had first introduced "THINK!" as an IBM slogan in the 1920s. For decades IBM distributed small notepads with the word "THINK" emblazoned on a brown leatherette cover to customers and employees[1]. The name ThinkPad was suggested by IBM employee Denny Wainwright, who had a "THINK" notepad in his pocket[2].

About the North American market--

Dude, you seriously need to learn more about the thing you are debating on. Lenovo bought IBM's PC/Laptop business worldwide so do you think they would not have got the market of North America. Now please don't kid me by saying that you started in US market from Zero.

I have no reasons to disagree with you, Mate!

i think he is right,lenovo have a very miserable market share in U.S

lenovo's market share is just 8.7 % compared to dell and HP's 20 and 16 %

Even acer is ahead of lenovo at 10%,and toshiba at above 5 %.both r growing up by 51 and 34% compared to 0.5 % of lenovo.

http://http://www.thinkpads.com/2009/07/16/lenovo-increases-global-market-share-dell-takes-1-in-us/

Read my post again, :hitwall: The point is not thinkpad's current market sharing status. The point is thinkpad' market sharing rate goes up or down after levono bought it.:undecided:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom