What's new

Whether India invites me or not, I will visit India. Nawaz Sharif

If NS has good diplomatic intentions, then why not...

@Pak members: If IK does well with his Govt in KPK, then he might win the next elections in all of Pak. At least see what IK is capable of doping in KPK, a lot of politicians can talk the talk, but very few can walk the walk...

Last edited by a moderator:
Its only a matter of time before PTI Walas start Calling Nawaz a RAW stooge just like Jamatis in Bangladesh are doing.

To the OP and other PTI Supporters,

Its good to criticize wrong policies but going on rating senselessly without any logic shows the frustration of the PTIans. It won't do you guys any good. Mian Sahab was talking in jest when he said he will visit India without Invitation. Learn to spot it. It brings spice to otherwise dull life. He is showing good signs. Pakistan needs a good neighbourhood to come out of this mess. And he has taken the first steps. Also the fact that MMS replied within few hours should show you how serious we are as well.

I feel MMS should go, it will be really nice gesture. It will create positive atmosphere.

You need a visionary like Vajpayee to do something out of the box. Unfortunately he was the last one India produced as far as politics is concerned.

Start from 1999:

@KRAIT @Contrarian @Peshwa @sandyy_3126

Are we going to war ? :what:

War...i dont think so and i certainly dont hope so...

In fact most Indians (I suppose cant speak for everyone) consider NS to be a welcome addition to the Pakistani decision makers...
Mind you, NS was the one that had been responsive to the Lahore process.
I think Indian leadership and NS can see eye to eye especially since both are wary of the Pakistani army and its role in politics....NS was nearly sent to the gallows by the PA, so he will definitely tread carefully and work to bring PA under civilian rule..which is something India would be more than happy to support..

Lastly, I see him being an industrialist and a landowner, ie he understands the importance of the economy as much as the security of the land....
Why this is important is because you want a man leading you who will work towards the improvement of the economy and trade as that is the only way Pakistan can get itself out of the current mess, while of course not ignoring security..
Of course India would rather trade and make money off pakistan than go to war since that simply makes our nation stronger economically (Please do not read as trying to flood your markets etc)...One needs money to fight wars and both India and Pak are in no position to fight a war without giving some third party the upper hand (read British colonization)

NOTE: Even though Imran Khan looks good on paper, I would rather be lead by a seasoned politician who has had experience in dealing with international affairs, wars, economic sanctions etc...I dont think IK is the man for the job esp when dealing with Pakistan's current state...

To sum it up...NO...I believe that chances of war will only decrease because of NS...

PTI walas are just speaking the truth. We don't want that turban head who represents an existential threat to us in our country.
@Peshwa

I appreciate your optimism,eventhough i don't share it. I have lost hope in my nation on 11th may.

PTI walas are just speaking the truth. We don't want that turban head who represents an existential threat to us in our country.

I hope the blowback of his overtures is not as bad as mumbai. The planning might have already started. If he has any love for India, he should go slow and bring everybody in pakistan on board.
He is religious right, he cant really go after jehadi groups, he will probably request them to calm down.

NS has shown great sense with this offer. It shows confidence & maturity. This is what our neighborhood needs. Anyone can tell that Congress-led government has been in crisis mode for some time and that it is likely to continue til 2014. I think only cosmetic changes would take place. But if we Pakistanis are able to improve the atmosphere, it would be easier to deal with GOI post-2014. So, this is a smart mover from NS, and a good response from MMS.

Nawaz Sharif is back in power in pakistan, and next year by this same time, BJP will be in the center in India.(Except Sir Atal Ji as PM)

Just like the same old 1998, History will repeat itself, i just hope it wont repeat the summers of 1999.

NS has shown great sense with this offer. It shows confidence & maturity. This is what our neighborhood needs. Anyone can tell that Congress-led government has been in crisis mode for some time and that it is likely to continue til 2014. I think only cosmetic changes would take place. But if we Pakistanis are able to improve the atmosphere, it would be easier to deal with GOI post-2014. So, this is a smart mover from NS, and a good response from MMS.

You are right. Congress simply cannot do much till 2014. But there must be some small things which both sides agree.. like making visa easy for elderly.. we can start with those..

Everything that Congress will do from here on, will only be to get support for its 2014 chances to form a govt....one must see this in the same light...
A high profile visit and an olive branch approach will help the controversy laden Congress in improving its image...
Not saying its wrong, just reading it the way it is

There is definitely a SEA CHANGE in the Pakistani threat perception of India since 9/11 and its catastrophic consequences for Pakistan. But even before that NS had realized the futility of a war over Kashmir. The same NS, who headed a party called IJI in 1988 elections against Benazir Bhutto on an anti India platform ("Hum Delhi key Lal Qile par Pakistan ka Jhanda Lagain Gey") decided to live-together with India in 1999. These--and the fact that only an 'Islamist' from Punjab--are the key points in understanding NS.
What will be needed is someone from India who has the courage to be a magnanimous partner. Small mindedness will not do--Pakistanis are too proud of their sovereignty to be kicked around.

@Peshwa

I appreciate your optimism,eventhough i don't share it. I have lost hope in my nation on 11th may.

I think your attitude itself is a positive...
I mean lets be honest, I see india and i notice that the youth is highly callous towards politics (most dont even vote)...
The fact that there are enough Pakistanis passionate enough about their future shows that if not this term, in the future...Pakistan will choose the best and most able politician...
its the trend of democracy that needs to be inculcated in the average Pakistani to look beyond regionalism and ethnic politics...the Pakistani population is too smart to be told how to think by some dictator with an army on his back...

There is definitely a SEA CHANGE in the Pakistani threat perception of India since 9/11 and its catastrophic consequences for Pakistan. But even before that NS had realized the futility of a war over Kashmir. The same NS, who headed a party called IJI in 1988 elections against Benazir Bhutto on an anti India platform ("Hum Delhi key Lal Qile par Pakistan ka Jhanda Lagain Gey") decided to live-together with India in 1999. These--and the fact that only an 'Islamist' from Punjab--are the key points in understanding NS.
What will be needed is someone from India who has the courage to be a magnanimous partner. Small mindedness will not do--Pakistanis are too proud of their sovereignty to be kicked around.

You have to understand that not a single party in India at this point can form a govt without coalition...
What that means is a "too many cooks" situation where a tug of war of interests ends up with slow decision making and indecisiveness....sometimes even to a point of blackmail..

Its hard to expect strong decision makers from Indian leadership in this era of Indian politics..

I agree with other posters here that Pakistanis were expecting too much from PTI. Give democracy some time guys. It used to be PMLN Vs PPP before this. The political scene is changing in your country and you need to give it time to mature , don't expect miracles in first transition.

Back
Top Bottom