What's new

Where's the beef? Indians don't want to know

We've already made an exception for steaks a few posts back.

Also, have you heard how much a top-level Kobe steak costs in a Japanese restaurant? Apparently, the most expensive restaurant in the entire world specializes in Kobe steaks.

Told yea, brah. This guys will never stop till I agree with whatever they're saying :lol:

Kobe steak is shyte expensive right?? And I thought they only sell Kobe steak in Japan, yes, strong ignorance. Is it worth the money? I might try find one this weekend :P

Congrats guys, we have fully turned this serious topic into a food channel program :P

Lets just say that I was on a whirlwind trip to East Asia:P

And yes definitely worth the money, specially when the boss is footing the bill.

Haha! Yes, yes, i guess I just haven't been going to the right places. For my burgers, I only take beef (with cheese together, it's like heaven), but I have never much of a fan of beef otherwise, most restaurants here kinda suck at doing beef I guess.

But yea, if you ever drop by Malaysia, or I ever come down to Canada/China, I'll be glad to join you for some steak :lol:

Deal :)

You can get it outside of Japan and it won't break the wallet, though definitely the most expensive type of beef.

The time when it becomes unbearably expensive, is if you go to a high-end Japanese restaurant for it.

Great article from Forbes:

Most expensive restaurants in the world - Forbes.com - msnbc.com

I don't know. I think foods like Kobe beef, truffel or fois gras are over-hyped. They become gawdy status symbols where demand actually goes up as price increases (Veblen goods). At that point you're paying for social status and bragging rights rather than the food.

Bum deal imo.

there was a time in aryavart(vedic India) where beef eating had become a major problem...as a result of this a label of sacred was put on the cow so that people wont kill cow for beef...cow eats just grass and gives us milk which is complete food...cow milk is suggested for young babies too as it is easy to digest...it is better to not to kill cow as it will feed many when alive rather than being dead..

I don't know. I think foods like Kobe beef, truffel or fois gras are over-hyped. They become gawdy status symbols where demand actually goes up as price increases (Veblen goods). At that point you're paying for social status and bragging rights rather than the food.

Bum deal imo.

Very true, I believe they call it "conspicuous consumption".

I was going to mention that in the thread about Apple actually. Similar principle, you're paying for it as a social status symbol, rather than the intrinsic worth of the product itself.

Which is why I only eat that kind of stuff very rarely. But I enjoy the experience. :D

Where's the beef?

Beefs are all down south in Gods Own country.

The beef , the beef , the beef is on fire...

We don't need no water let the beef fry get burn
Burn mr fry burn...

Last edited by a moderator:
You can get it outside of Japan and it won't break the wallet, though definitely the most expensive type of beef.

The time when it becomes unbearably expensive, is if you go to a high-end Japanese restaurant for it.

Great article from Forbes:

Most expensive restaurants in the world - Forbes.com - msnbc.com

"In the Japanese food culture, prices can easily run way over $1,000 a person," Zagat says. WTF, some people just have too much money :cheesy:

But yea, anyway I THINK i have seen kobe beef being sold at some local high-end Japanese shops here. Might check it out this weekend due to strong recommendation from PDF :P

Lets just say that I was on a whirlwind trip to East Asia:P

And yes definitely worth the money, specially when the boss is footing the bill.

I'm passing you my resume :lol:

Very true, I believe they call it "conspicuous consumption".

I was going to mention that in the thread about Apple actually. Similar principle, you're paying for it as a social status symbol, rather than the intrinsic worth of the product itself.

Which is why I only eat that kind of stuff very rarely. But I enjoy the experience. :D

Its a bit like Champagne and sparkling wine, IPads and every other tablet out there.

Beef tastes a lot better than chicken. Anyway I'd not touch Bangladeshi cooked beef by 10 feet long barge pole, don't know what decease they will spread! :s

there was a time in aryavart(vedic India) where beef eating had become a major problem...as a result of this a label of sacred was put on the cow so that people wont kill cow for beef...cow eats just grass and gives us milk which is complete food...cow milk is suggested for young babies too as it is easy to digest...it is better to not to kill cow as it will feed many when alive rather than being dead..

Cow is sacred due to Lord Krishna being born into a dairy cow herding family not because of a label

Its a pity that bangladeshi members here have to such crap for the lack of any real DEFENCE news taking place in BD.

Really.....beef and defence???

Cow is sacred due to Lord Krishna being born into a dairy cow herding family not because of a label

Cow is sacred due to Lord Krishna and cow provided an abundance of important products related with Milk. Also, By the early centuries AD, the cow was designated as the appropriate gift to the brahmans (high-caste priests) and it was soon said that to kill a cow is equal to killing a brahman. But Since, Hinduism and other Indian religions are more like way of life. Hence, There is no strict sets of rituals to follow for everyone. Everyone has 100% freedom in his/her personal life and no need to follow any religious things.

Cow is sacred due to Lord Krishna and cow provided an abundance of important products related with Milk. But Since, Hinduism and other Indian religions are more like way of life. Hence, There is no strict sets of rituals to follow for everyone. Everyone has 100% freedom in his/her personal life and no need to follow any religious things.

Its not allowed to eat meat in the Gita

Back
Top Bottom