What's new

Whatever

@ebook
please do so, :smitten:

@your post

yeah i will try to buy one when i go back to Pakistan. Btw what was t
he name of that book? i forgot its name

I will post the first page so that u may get an idea about it..Well the very idea about posting the first page has certain bit of craziness itself,but considering the contents of the book,it is nothing...
Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small
unregarded yellow sun.
Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-eight million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue-green planet
whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea.
This planet has—or rather had—a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty
much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the
movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn’t the small green pieces of paper
that were unhappy.
And so the problem remained; lots of the people were mean, and most of them were miserable, even the ones with
digital watches.
Many were increasingly of the opinion that they’d all made a big mistake in coming down from the trees in the first
place. And some said that even the trees had been a bad move, and that no one should ever have left the oceans.
And then, one Thursday, nearly two thousand years after one man had been nailed to a tree for saying how great it
would be to be nice to people for a change, a girl sitting on her own in a small cafè in Rickmansworth suddenly realized
what it was that had been going wrong all this time, and she finally knew how the world could be made a good and happy
place. This time it was right, it would work, and no one would have to get nailed to anything.
Sadly, however, before she could get to a phone to tell anyone about it, a terrible, stupid catastrophe occurred, and
the idea was lost for ever.
This is not her story.
But it is the story of that terrible, stupid catastrophe and some of its consequences.
It is also the story of a book, a book called The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy—not an Earth book, never
published on Earth, and until the terrible catastrophe occurred, never seen or even heard of by any Earthman.
Nevertheless, a wholly remarkable book.
In fact, it was probably the most remarkable book ever to come out of the great publishing corporations of Ursa
Minor—of which no Earthman had ever heard either.
Not only is it a wholly remarkable book, it is also a highly successful one—more popular than the Celestial Home
Care Omnibus, better selling than Fifty-three More Things to Do in Zero Gravity, and more controversial than Oolon
Colluphid’s trilogy of philosophical blockbusters, Where God Went Wrong, Some More of God’s Greatest Mistakes and
Who Is This God Person Anyway?
In many of the more relaxed civilizations on the Outer Eastern Rim of the Galaxy, the Hitchhiker’s Guide has
already supplanted the great Encyclopedia Galactica as the standard repository of all knowledge and wisdom, for though
it has many omissions and contains much that is apocryphal, or at least wildly inaccurate, it scores over the older, more
pedestrian work in two important respects.
First, it is slightly cheaper; and second, it has the words DON’T PANIC inscribed in large friendly letters on its cover.
But the story of this terrible, stupid Thursday, the story of its extraordinary consequences, and the story of how
these consequences are inextricably intertwined with this remarkable book begins very simply.
It begins with a house.

thanks,

i will try to find this book from Internet and my local library. Hopefully i will be able to find it. I don't use ******** anymore but if i can't find from anywhere i'll install torrent software to download this book :)

Thanks a lot for sharing

Dont worry my friend..U dont have to download any software...Here u go.. direct link!!!

Da link!! ver 2.0

very interesting Nforce

thanks a lot for sharing

bye for now

I will post the first page so that u may get an idea about it..Well the very idea about posting the first page has certain bit of craziness itself,but considering the contents of the book,it is nothing...

Wow Amazing..... that's really a very very nice start..... This book has got my attention....:)

I think gifting books is a nice idea too... Because,"A book is a gift you can open again and again.".....not my words.Words of Garrison Keillor...

very interesting Nforce

thanks a lot for sharing

bye for now

bbye..tc(I just wanted to say 'bbye',but this stupid vBulletin says that I cant write a post so small...hence I m writing something which I should not have been writing)

I just graduate today and finished high school. Now getting ready for College!!! :victory:

000.jpg

I smell something fishy......

Hell yes.. its afternoon time and its the smell of fish getting fried from the neighbors house.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

go and educate them rights of neighbors on them....lol

You dont understand .. my state is ruled by communist party.. they are having a state wide strike against yesterdays petroleum fuel hike in India .. so all shops are closed till 6 today.. cant even go out to buy cigerettes.. gosh!!! i hate these communists..

Back
Top Bottom