What's new

Whatever

oh nai aisa kuch nahi... u can keep ur words with u - i take ur joke :D
Ohhh is that so??

you had given me a mini heart attack with your knowledge of iOS products...
icon_spin.gif
:..........

and my post was aimed at telling the iPhone and Android experience I have had over the years

iPhone sucks.. and it's lovers should be executed :rofl:
Phaleess
I luv it....i am very loyal to it....i'll luv it till the end...not mine ...the mobile's end i meant.:partay:

Right now i am updating my iphone to iOS7.0.3.This is the 3rd update since iOS7 was launched.But after the initial glitches with iOS7 ,apple had sent a better update with iOS7.0.1.So from there on i had no issues .I can see an alert for iOS7.0.3 update on my iPad too,will do it as soon as i log off from pdf.

What were you saying about iCloud slowing the devices???a little more detail pls.

And Phoenix i owe you big time....my siri is now a female.

All thanks to you.

But why is it that just the language preference change from English(UK) to English(US) can give such extra privileges???

You are welcome, & I already upgraded a few days back. :D Apple probably hasn't configured the "voice gender" option to be available with English (UK) yet. English (US) is the default language setting that is developed for first since you already know that Apple is an American company. The iCloud issue only affects the iPhone 4 with iOS 7, you may read about it here.

And @p(-)0ENiX

Et tu brutus????

Lol! I know praising Android in front of iPhone fans is an abomination, but I honestly like any mobile operating system that provides a good experience, & Android has definitely improved. :lol: Competition in the smartphone market is a good thing.

And where is that thread on android Vs iOS???
I seriously believe the 3rd world war will not be fought between the countries but by these mobile giants.....lol

Well the previous thread was initially meant to show iPhone 5 concept designs before its release, but it turned in to an Android vs iOS debate. :partay: There is no point in visiting it now because I checked it yesterday & all of its pages were blank. Android manufacturers will probably lose that war if receiving military intelligence updates takes as long as receiving updates for skinned Android smartphones. :laughcry:

The iCloud issue only affects the iPhone 4 with iOS 7, you may read about it here.

Thanks a ton!!
You have been posting some excellent links here.And yes now i've switched off the document & data settings for my icloud.

p(-)0ENiX said:
Lol! I know praising Android in front of iPhone fans is an abomination, but I honestly like any mobile operating system that provides a good experience, & Android has definitely improved. :lol: Competition in the smartphone market is a good thing.

Seriously speaking i dont have anything against the Android users.I guess i bought this mobile almost 1 1/2 yr back.So soon i might have to dump it.I have already laid my eyes on samsung note.It'll be smaller than my mini iPad...will still have a big screen and will still be quite manageable.I mean unlike guys who can not put a Note in their pockets,i'll be able to fit it in my purse....lol.

[
p(-)0ENiX said:
Well the previous thread was initially meant to show iPhone 5 concept designs before its release, but it turned in to an Android vs iOS debate. :partay: There is no point in visiting it now because I checked it yesterday & all of its pages were blank. Android manufacturers will probably lose that war if receiving military intelligence updates takes as long as receiving updates for skinned Android smartphones. :laughcry:
Whoa!!
Thats news to me.
Does it really take that long to get updates on Androids???

You are welcome, & I already upgraded a few days back. :D Apple probably hasn't configured the "voice gender" option to be available with English (UK) yet. English (US) is the default language setting that is developed for first since you already know that Apple is an American company. The iCloud issue only affects the iPhone 4 with iOS 7, you may read about it here.
Well actually Levina may not have figured out how to change the Siri settings.

Siri comes in both male and female voices and you have set it by yourself. I am not too sure about the right settings but I guess you used to get options of English of various countries like English UK was male and English Australia was female and so on... something like that

One of them was male and other female but you could choose it yourself and it works almost same since it's just a voice option and you are expected to get similar result

The good thing for me is... When Apple launched Siri --- they made a hell out of it.. presented it like a new invention and so on so forth.. whereas my galaxy S2 already had a better voice command system and if I asked my Galaxy S2 to navigate me to Birmingham... It would draw a map from my location to Birmingham and guide me through just like a good navigation system (it just opens a navigation software of course)... but if I asked Siri... It would say "sorry maps are only available in USA" lol

May be it is now available in UK already but I haven't tried it since long since my sister's iPhone 4s, she keeps it off to save battery life. In Galaxy series you don't worry about such things

In our old discussion if you remember correctly, I kept reiterating to my statement that I am specifically arguing with you about iPhone 4s vs Samsung Galaxy series and Nexus phones only.. I never liked HTC or other models so I am glad that you too have finally come up with similar opinion.

Yes now I have HTC One and for the first time I purchased HTC (a part from HTC Sensation which I never liked but got it for free under contract but I got rid of it soon after).

Thanks a ton!!
You have been posting some excellent links here.And yes now i've switched off the document & data settings for my icloud.
No problem, but I didn't know that iPhone 4S users were also experiencing this problem.

Seriously speaking i dont have anything against the Android users.I guess i bought this mobile almost 1 1/2 yr back.So soon i might have to dump it.I have already laid my eyes on samsung note.It'll be smaller than my mini iPad...will still have a big screen and will still be quite manageable.I mean unlike guys who can not put a Note in their pockets,i'll be able to fit it in my purse....lol.

The Note 3 fits in my jeans' pockets, but yeah some pants' pockets aren't large enough for the phone.

Whoa!!
Thats news to me.
Does it really take that long to get updates on Androids???

If you have a Google Nexus device, you will get every update on time similar to iOS. However, all other manufacturers including Samsung & HTC modify Android to provide their own user experience. For instance; without the TouchWiz UI, the Note 3 won't be able to make much use of the S Pen as in the case on stock Android. It takes some time to get the update on other Android phones assuming your phone is worthy enough in the manufacturer's eyes to get it. Samsung's flagship devices generally do get the updates, but it requires a lot of patience. The Samsung Galaxy S4's Android 4.3 update was released recently & it still isn't available in every region. On top of that Android 4.4 could be released any day now.

The Android update process generally goes something like this:

Google>OEM (Samsung, HTC, etc.)>Carrier>End User

If you aren't using a carrier device, then the update goes from the OEM to the End User. If you use a nexus device though, you receive the update directly from Google.

@Zakii

I have a thread running on the Nexus 5 on the link below.

Google Nexus 5 and Android 4.4 KitKat rumors: here's everything............

By the way, I was writing a response to your post & the forum just crashed. Luckily, it saved a draft of my post, but I need to make some modifications to it before posting.

Last edited:
I have used original Galaxy note and my cousin owns Galaxy Note II

It was a fun using it - later I started feeling it's too large so I sold it to buy S3 as it was released those days

Well actually Levina may not have figured out how to change the Siri settings.

Siri comes in both male and female voices and you have set it by yourself. I am not too sure about the right settings but I guess you used to get options of English of various countries like English UK was male and English Australia was female and so on... something like that

One of them was male and other female but you could choose it yourself and it works almost same since it's just a voice option and you are expected to get similar result

Well @levina's issue has already been resolved. As I mentioned previously, I found out that the "voice gender" option won't appear in iOS 7 unless the user sets the language as English (United States). Yeah, I too once read in the past that Siri sounded different depending upon the region the iPhone was being used at, & there was no way to change the "voice gender". I think that changed with iOS 7 provided the user keeps the language as English (United States) or the iPhone will just switch to whichever voice it has been programmed for in that particular region.

The good thing for me is... When Apple launched Siri --- they made a hell out of it.. presented it like a new invention and so on so forth.. whereas my galaxy S2 already had a better voice command system and if I asked my Galaxy S2 to navigate me to Birmingham... It would draw a map from my location to Birmingham and guide me through just like a good navigation system (it just opens a navigation software of course)... but if I asked Siri... It would say "sorry maps are only available in USA" lol

May be it is now available in UK already but I haven't tried it since long since my sister's iPhone 4s, she keeps it off to save battery life. In Galaxy series you don't worry about such things

Are you referring to Vlingo? I don't recall the Galaxy S2 having a personal assistant similar to Siri or S Voice back then, or was it specifically for Google Maps? I think you told me about the maps issue last time. I agree that Siri was incomplete initially with support for navigation in the UK being absent, but at the time Siri was considered a beta product. Many new products & services go through such a phase & Apple would obviously develop support for its home country first. I noticed Samsung too provides the best product choices & availability to their home customers in South Korea initially. For instance; the Galaxy Note 2 wasn't available in the 32 or 64 GB options here, whereas South Korean customers get all available options starting from the lauch day. Something similar happened in the US too if I am not mistaken. Battery life is something I dislike about iPhones too. There are rumors that the iPhone 6 might have a 5 inch display. If true, I think that's great news for customers because a 5 inch screen is great for media consumption, gaming, & it manages to retain portability as well.

In our old discussion if you remember correctly, I kept reiterating to my statement that I am specifically arguing with you about iPhone 4s vs Samsung Galaxy series and Nexus phones only..

I don't remember that properly. :D People had many different complaints about iOS on that thread including the missing flash player on Safari even though flash is a resource hog on mobile operating systems.

I never liked HTC or other models so I am glad that you too have finally come up with similar opinion.

Thanks bro, it was the Nexus series that improved my opinion of Android coupled with the latest updates. I like the Galaxy S & Note flagships as well, & the features offered by Samsung are cool, but they need to remove bloatware & give the interface a refresh.

Yes now I have HTC One and for the first time I purchased HTC (a part from HTC Sensation which I never liked but got it for free under contract but I got rid of it soon after).

At the moment, I want to buy the Nexus 5, but I have left the Note 3 as a secondary option just in case. If I don't upgrade this year, then I will probably wait for the next iPhone.

No problem, but I didn't know that iPhone 4S users were also experiencing this problem.
Not really....i just thought "what if".

p(-)0ENiX said:
The Note 3 fits in my jeans' pockets, but yeah some pants' pockets aren't large enough for the phone.
Not in mine :( its way too large.

p(-)0ENiX said:
If you have a Google Nexus device, you will get every update on time similar to iOS. However, all other manufacturers including Samsung & HTC modify Android to provide their own user experience. For instance; without the TouchWiz UI, the Note 3 won't be able to make much use of the S Pen as in the case on stock Android. It takes some time to get the update on other Android phones assuming your phone is worthy enough in the manufacturer's eyes to get it. Samsung's flagship devices generally do get the updates, but it requires a lot of patience. The Samsung Galaxy S4's Android 4.3 update was released recently & it still isn't available in every region. On top of that Android 4.4 could be released any day now.
The Android update process generally goes something like this:
Google>OEM (Samsung, HTC, etc.)>Carrier>End User
If you aren't using a carrier device, then the update goes from the OEM to the End User. If you use a nexus device though, you receive the update directly from Google..
Hmmm
Today i tried my hands on Note3.....and i pretty much liked it.I absolutely luvd the air commands and the eye tracking......those are some excellent features.Though eye tracking is a tad slow.
Btw i just heard iPhone5S is having serious issues with its battery.

Phoenix my friend,

Samsung Galaxy had a S Voice already but they used to call it something else. It used to work just like Siri and is still there in both S2, S3 and S4. What I am saying is... Samsung already had a voice command system similar to Siri but Apple tried to take full credit of it claiming as it was a fresh invention.

I am not sure about the current status of antique handsets of Apple but I do remember just few weeks ago I borrowed my sister's iPhone 4s to test apple's new features after she had upgraded to IOS 7 and I was thoroughly disappointed as always.

I asked a simple question... Who is the Prime Minister of Pakistan and it failed to give an answer (sorry i don't understand or something like that)... so I repeated the question again and the siri replied "The Prime Minister of Pakistan is Raja Parvez Ashraf" alongside his biography

I asked the same question to Samsung Galaxy S3 on my brother's device and what it replied instantly is "The Prime Minister of Pakistan is Nawaz Sharif".

I leave the decision to you about who gave correct information and who is more up to date

Camels & tents' stories again? :lol: We were just joking about Arabia, but if you have become fond of camels & tents after that thread, click here to see a camel cataphract; they were used in warfare in Parthia. You could ride that in to battle while waging wars in other threads. :laughcry: :P

That has nothing to do with having a bad memory, mentioning going to a gaming zone does not correlate to an individual's overall gaming habits. :azn: It must have been this or perhaps some other thread (I don't remember) you read it at, & last I recall I only recently discussed my late night gaming habits with @Marshmallow. That was before the forum got upgraded.

There is no need to apologize for a delay in response. Have fun. :enjoy:

mayb shes spyin on you:tongue:;)

in addition to my last post

Yes Apple has improved a lot after copying stuff from Android and iOS 7 looks promising and my last post's test was only based on Siri/S voice both must be good in their respective regions but since Google is universal, hence it does have the capability to answer many more questions in my opinion.

iOS indeed is promising but I am only talking about Siri's answering ability vs S Voice. Although I am sure such mistake won't have happened if I had asked questions about USA or maps etc

I asked a simple question... Who is the Prime Minister of Pakistan and it failed to give an answer (sorry i don't understand or something like that)... so I repeated the question again and the siri replied "The Prime Minister of Pakistan is Raja Parvez Ashraf" alongside his biography

I asked the same question to Samsung Galaxy S3 on my brother's device and what it replied instantly is "The Prime Minister of Pakistan is Nawaz Sharif".

I leave the decision to you about who gave correct information and who is more up to date

I just cross checked.....Siri gave me the answer in first go.I took a screen shot too but then the site wont allow me to upload it here.:
Somehow after the iOS7 update Siri understands my Indian accent pretty well....lol.

I just cross checked.....Siri gave me the answer in first go.I took a screen shot too but then the site wont allow me to upload it here.:
Somehow after the iOS7 update Siri understands my Indian accent pretty well....lol.
What answer did Siri give you?

Who is the Prime Minister of Pakistan?

Last time she said it's Raja Parvez Ashraf :)

Not really....i just thought "what if".

No problem, but if there is no issue, then in my opinion there is no need to disable it.

Hmmm
Today i tried my hands on Note3.....and i pretty much liked it.I absolutely luvd the air commands and the eye tracking......those are some excellent features.Though eye tracking is a tad slow.
Btw i just heard iPhone5S is having serious issues with its battery.

iPHONE 5S BATTERY: It may NOT just be you, it may be RUBBISH

Apple is recalling some of its flagship iPhone 5s handsets after a flaw was found in the batteries that causes them to unexpectedly run out of juice.

Back
Top Bottom