What's new

What happens when a muslim prays in a public area in US

Consideration is fine, and only to be expected in a civilized society. But it still does not give anyone the right to block public rights of way, like I said before.

an what makes you think a muslim American he has the right to pray anywhere he wants , and I don't see anyone complaining or stop him during the prayer and say " sir please move aside you are blocking my way "
do you really sound that stupid or its only my imagination /?

That is correct.
If someone is praying in a public place just to annoy people that is wrong. If they are praying because they have no other choice then everyone should respect them.
look, I am not judging him in sense that he is a showoff or genuine. I wont even complain. Will I ever do it. No.
I have no more or less respect for the guy than other muslims who think god will understand I am in a situation I cant pray and instead of being selfish, I acted as good citizen.

Most Muslims would not pray in public but there was this one time my friend randomly sends me a vid he took of two Uzbeks praying asking me if they were praying lol. I was like yeah they are praying he just went that's devotion lol. Muslims who do pray in public usually do it out of the way of passers.

I am asking you why cant a Hindu or Christian cannot pray in public.. Neither of the religion ban them to do so.. Why are you sticking in these kind of stupid question?
Accurate religious demographics are difficult to obtain in Saudi Arabia but while all citizens are considered Muslims by the state, there are believed to be at least several hundred thousand Christians living in the country, who do not possess citizenship.

Christians had formed churches in Arabia prior to the time of Muhammad in the 7th century. Purportedly, one of the earliest church buildings ever discovered by archaeologists is located in Saudi Arabia, known as Jubail Church, built around the 4th century. Some parts of modern Saudi Arabia (such as Najran) were predominantly Christian until the 7th to 10th century, when most Christians were expelled or converted to Islam. Some Arabian tribes, such as Banu Taghlib and Banu Tamim, followed Christianity. As a result of their help to Muhammad in his conquest of Arabia the Banu Taghlib were allowed to keep their Christian faith and their status as Arabs if they paid the Jizya and promised not to interfere in their preaching or propagation of Islam. The Jizya is a per capita tax levied on a section of an Islamic state's non-Muslim citizens, who meet certain criteria. The tax is/was to be levied on able bodied adult males of military age and affording power,[2] (but with specific exemptions. From the point of view of the Muslim rulers, jizya was a material proof of the non-Muslims' acceptance of subjection to the state and its laws, "just as for the inhabitants it was a concrete continuation of the taxes paid to earlier regimes." In return, non-Muslim citizens were permitted to practice their faith, to enjoy a measure of communal autonomy, to be entitled to Muslim state's protection from outside aggression, to be exempted from military service and the zakat taxes obligatory upon Muslim citizens.

The old Christian community of Najran in southern Arabia went into conflict with the Jewish rulers of Yemen around 4th to 5th century.

There are more than a million Roman Catholics in Saudi Arabia. Most of them are expatriate Filipinos and Indians who work there, but who do not have the citizenship of Saudi Arabia. The percentage ofChristians of all denominations among the about 1.2 million Filipinos in Saudi Arabia likely exceeds 90%. There are also Christians from Canada, the United States of America, New Zealand, Australia, Italy, South Korea, Ireland, the United Kingdom, India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Ethiopia, Nigeria, Kenya, Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, and as well a number of Christians from sub-Saharan countries who are working in the Saudi Kingdom.

Saudi Arabia allows Christians to enter the country as foreign workers for temporary work, but does not allow them to practice their faith openly. Because of that Christians generally only worship in secret withinprivate homes. Items and articles belonging to religions other than Islam are prohibited. These include Bibles, crucifixes, statues, carvings, items with religious symbols, and others.

The Saudi Arabian Mutaween (Arabic: مطوعين), or Committee for the Propagation of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice (i.e., the religious police) prohibits the practice of any religion other than Islam. Conversion of a Muslim to another religion is considered apostasy, a crime punishable by death if the accused does not recant. The Government does not permit non-Muslim clergy to enter the country for the purpose of conducting religious services.

International Christian Concern (ICC) protested what it reported as the 2001 detention of 11 Christians in Saudi Arabia, for practicing their religion in their homes. In June 2004, ICC reported on what it termed a "pogrom-like" crackdown by Saudi police on Christians after media reports of Koran desecration in Guantanamo Bay.

Christians and other non-Muslims are prohibited from entering the cities of Mecca and Medina, Islam's holiest cities.

So my suggestion @seiko is ask the govt...Since this was not the case during Prophet's time and was part of Islam!

but a car, train and aeroplanes are closed, i pray in a car if i need to, i just don't like a lot of people in any condition.............so i try to remain indoors mostly

do you pray jummah an Eid ki namaaz at your house ??
why are you ashamed of praying ??
are you hurting anyone ? any rule is breaking .. I don't think so , even If it was people will say... but if they don't than you don't have to be shy ... I have seen a video where " there was a anti islam protest on going in front of White house , and one old man comes and when he realize its time for prayer , he start praying right there in middle of everyone , what matter for you ? " what peoples say ? or what Allah say in judgment day ?

creating traffic jams is no less than punishment! if one is sure that he will be away from home during a particular time period .. he must find a place where he can pray in solitude !
So 1 person praying in a youtube video where the people of that country dont mind (as shown in the video) causes traffic jams in India? :unsure:

Reading the bible...what body movements are required?

like hand movements, kneeling etc.

Yoga which reading of religious verses is required? Most yoga in this world only says Ommm or Nameste nothing else from the scripture!

There are many chants and mantras which are used in yoga.

So 1 person praying in a youtube video where the people of that country dont mind (as shown in the video) causes traffic jams in India? :unsure:

so u waiting for some one to get irritated ! and then cry islamophobe !

do you pray jummah an Eid ki namaaz at your house ??
why are you ashamed of praying ??
are you hurting anyone ? any rule is breaking .. I don't think so , even If it was people will say... but if they don't than you don't have to be shy ... I have seen a video where " there was a anti islam protest on going in front of White house , and one old man comes and when he realize its time for prayer , he start praying right there in middle of everyone , what matter for you ? " what peoples say ? or what Allah say in judgment day ?
woah dude, easy there, i pray Jumma and Eid in masjid, its just i dont like the company of many ppl

Not all yoga applies that....maybe in India but not the ones here...Like I said Nameste and Omm are the only 2 words I have heard that maybe related to Hinduism and prob the actions but nothing else is said except the trainer telling you to calm yourself, breathing deeply and concentrate on emptying your thoughts!

Sorry to say that you really don't know much about it .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom