What's new

What happens when a muslim prays in a public area in US

Being legally wrong is not subjective. The law is the law. Praying on a public path is inconsiderate, illegal and totally unnecessary. It is wrong.
I didn't meant legality to be subjective, but it being inconsiderate. I personally don't mind my colleagues to pray next to me in a crowded workplace or someone sitting on a pavement to pray.

In any religion , praying means reading the religious verses with body movements.
not necessarily. It primarily involves asking some favour from god for personal gain, it might involve some recitation from holy book but not always.

I didn't meant legality to be subjective, but it being inconsiderate. I personally don't mind my colleagues to pray next to me in a crowded workplace or someone sitting on a pavement to pray.
but you wont do it yourself, right?

if u must pray ! then u must schedule you days accordingly. punishing others for ur untidiness and laziness! such prayer wont pleas the almighty! @Talon

Please am asking about current situation.. Can you start a church in Saudi Arabia? Can you bible in public in Saudi Arabia?? I have seen people smuggling bible to Saudi Arabia so that they can pray secretly..
Kindly do not derail!

Can I bible in public...the law clearly states no preaching if you are reading to yourself no one should stop you!

However it is true some countries do have it as a law not to have a book with the word Jesus and some other absurd laws....but why smuggle? You can read it on the online version thats what I do with the Quran too...I dont take a physical copy but a digital one!

if u must pray ! then u must schedule you days accordingly. punishing others for ur untidiness and laziness! such prayer wont pleas the almighty! @Talon
How is it punishing others?

And many people stay far from home and during winters our Maghrib prayer is short and hence this is not rare! So its no one's laziness nor untidiness..however I dont understand who is being punished?

Where did they try to pray?

Do you know that in Saudi Arabia, Christians pray secretly because they will be deported if found out?? They will tore up bible if they found out we are carrying it..

In Yoga , mantras are used .
some do, some dont, its no a religious activity per se, focus is on body and muscles. Lots of people do yoga here in variety of ways. It might have originated from hindus, but no longer related to hinduism.

In Yoga , mantras are used .
Not all yoga applies that....maybe in India but not the ones here...Like I said Nameste and Omm are the only 2 words I have heard that maybe related to Hinduism and prob the actions but nothing else is said except the trainer telling you to calm yourself, breathing deeply and concentrate on emptying your thoughts!

and why did he pray in public? i for one would feel shy in praying in public, well i think he was a showoff, or was just trying to test others..............

May be he was not aware about any nearby Masjid or he was not at all showing off and its mainly the people attention which is making it an issue.

Do you know that in Saudi Arabia, Christians pray secretly because they will be deported if found out?? They will tore up bible if they found out we are carrying it..
In Vatican the police is of tight control and not much occurs same goes for Israel...

:pop:

Pakistanis and many a muslims are A SHOW OF when it comes to praying---. They love their public display of praying----whereas praying is a private affair between man and God / women and God---muslims have placed prayers in a showroom

you are no body to judge anyone's prayers , I am sorry to say but don't think your self too big enough to judge anyone prayer , even though he do for show off , he will get his reward ..

How is it punishing others?

And many people stay far from home and during winters our Maghrib prayer is short and hence this is not rare! So its no one's laziness nor untidiness..however I dont understand who is being punished?

creating traffic jams is no less than punishment! if one is sure that he will be away from home during a particular time period .. he must find a place where he can pray in solitude !

No, but I might stand on the footpath chatting with a friend. Equally obtrusive.
well I might have done that too, but I usually move if I see somebody coming and remember to say sorry. Because I know I am taking more than my fair share of usage.
I have seen many Indian friends blocking passageways and talking loudly, people dont complain usually but I can understand what they will be thinking about us.

Kindly do not derail!

Can I bible in public...the law clearly states no preaching if you are reading to yourself no one should stop you!

However it is true some countries do have it as a law not to have a book with the word Jesus and some other absurd laws....but why smuggle? You can read it on the online version thats what I do with the Quran too...I dont take a physical copy but a digital one!

Seriously??? Try reading a bible in public and let me know the reaction!! Not every one is technologically literate like you or me dear!! For them smuggling bible is the only way to pray to god..

Back
Top Bottom